Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

How dumb is this? Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 11:47:15 PM

Groups: Member

RayT
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 5:15:00 AM

We will never know now, the listing has been removed.
Ray...

Nostalgia is not what it used to be
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 11:36:45 AM

It was a TWH Sword black Kenworth T800 w Rogers 4 axle lowboy. It was being sold by a guy in China for $15.38 or "Best Offer" AND free shipping!!! Obviously a fraud who had copied a picture form a real seller. If he had been slick and asked for more money, someone may have taken the bait. Thank goodness Ebay pulled it. Ebay is really sucking now. Watch out. Except for my stuff of course!!!! CAW
steelman
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 7:42:44 PM

He has a new ad up with a amquip truck crane, 0 feedback
maxcavator
Posted: Thursday, August 03, 2017 10:57:39 PM

I reported the auction, it was a few minutes old at the time. I have reported close to 10 in the last few days.
I made a purchase that seemed to be too good to be true but it could also be a seller that didn't know what he had.
He had been a member for over a year with low but good feedback, so I took a chance. They banned the user and cancelled the purchase, I got all my money back.

That place is weird.
Quinella
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 12:28:28 PM

It's happening again on many auctions. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you see a new seller from CHina offering great items for nothing and FREE shipping, do NOT bid.

BBEWARE!!!!!!!!!
BryanG
Posted: Friday, August 04, 2017 1:41:29 PM

here is another one

www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Manitowoc-555-Crawler-Crane-1-50-/232434915623?hash=item361e335927:g:C-YAAOSwNFVZg-IQ]Ebay 555 Manitowoc
Excavator
Posted: Sunday, August 06, 2017 5:54:55 AM

Don L
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 10:17:05 AM

I have noticed that happening a lot. The seller is always from China with 0 sells. He actually just clones someone else's listing and puts a ridiculously low price on an item as BUY IT NOW, and then will add or MAKE AN OFFER. It is comical really, offering a $500 crane for $15 or best offer plus free shipping from China. Teeth Teeth Someone would have to be a complete moron to not see through that scam.

I honestly don't know what the pay off is though. I always heard that for new seller, eBay held the transactions in escrow for a week or so until transactions finalized to prevent this type of thing from occurring.

But it is happening on a daily basis. I have reported over 10 myself.
Quinella
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 12:57:16 PM

Don L: I have reported many as well. However, I went to the "Sold Listings" and found many of these fake listings there. I hope that doesn't mean that some people actually took the bait. I don't see how $15.36 can mean that much to a guy with a computer in China. But stranger things have happened.CAW
kcmtoys
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 3:20:47 PM

I bought a few things from China, but the sellers had a good feedback. I agree that these other listings are spam. Ebay used to be pretty good about following up complaints, but not so now a days. I had a bunch of non payers for a while, and you can't even block them from bidding again. A few of them paid after Ebay apparently took the money out of their Paypal account. By the time Ebay is done investigating, it is too late to offer the item to another buyer.Think Sad Ken
Don L
Posted: Monday, August 14, 2017 8:25:09 PM

kcmtoys wrote:
I bought a few things from China, but the sellers had a good feedback. I agree that these other listings are spam. Ebay used to be pretty good about following up complaints, but not so now a days. I had a bunch of non payers for a while, and you can't even block them from bidding again. A few of them paid after Ebay apparently took the money out of their Paypal account. By the time Ebay is done investigating, it is too late to offer the item to another buyer.Think Sad Ken

I buy items from China sellers also Ken. The key is that the sellers I buy from have multiple sales and generally good feedback. Usually they also have a store.

However, a seller with 0 sells is always a red flag to me, and I tend to approach with caution. However, when the item is so ridiculously under priced with free shipping from China (that would cost more than what is being asked) it is pretty obvious that it is a scam.

Take care,

Don