DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hurricane Irma Options · View
dain555
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:56:49 AM

Groups: Member

Well here in Sarasota, Florida we are bracing for Hurricane Irma!! We couldn't get out but we live in a sturdy concrete apartment building on the east side of the building on the first floor. The track is taking the eye just west of here up to Tampa. We are expected to get some nasty weather today (Sunday 10 Sept 17) into tomorrow (Monday 11 Sept 17). Will keep all posted as I can.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 3:44:38 PM

Good luck Dain. Keep your powder dry!!
dain555
Posted: Sunday, September 10, 2017 4:13:11 PM

Quinella wrote:
Good luck Dain. Keep your powder dry!!

You know it!! Also got fresh .22 reasons no one is looting my house!!!

Thanks Quin, we got to survive for the stories!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

dain555
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 1:56:44 PM

Well y'all, we are here in Sarasota and survived Irma!! Power went out about 9:30pm last night and still out right now (11:53am), minimal tree damage here but in Miami they lost 3 tower cranes!! Thankfully it dropped in intensity after it made landfall. Miami got outer band winds that were just as bad as the winds near the center but 400 miles away!!!

Dain

dain555
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 3:16:44 PM

Well group, at 10:15am on 15 Sept 17 we got our power back on!!!! Lost about half our freezer food but some things stayed frozen for 4 1/2 days!!!

Irma may have come to Florida but her arse got kicked big time!! Oh and just to let y'all know she did topple 3 tower cranes in Miami!!

Also again if you want to donate money for here or Texas give to Salvation Army or JJ Watts, please do not give to Red Cross!!

Also a high five to Florida Power and Light (Florida), Henkle & McCoy (Pa/NJ) and to ALL the other companies from all across the US and Canada who are working tirelessly to restore all the electric and to ALL the tree service companies here helping get the utility crews into the downed wires!! Their awesome guys!!!

Dain