DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Wsi T800 truck and rogers lowboy Options · View
mike failla
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 6:53:18 PM

Groups: Member

Will there be any yellow/yellow combinations coming? Does anyone know?
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:50:48 PM

No. Chuck listed all that are coming, red, white, and the Miller transfer blue. He is prone to change his mind however. CAW
mike failla
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:51:04 AM

Thanks for that. I hope he does, stunning combination. Saw one like that the other day, white would be nice as well. White and yellow are fairly common here in the southwest.
DumpsterToy
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 1:34:39 PM

HOW ABOUT CAT YELLOW?
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:13:17 PM

How about some dual tones. Like a red and white T-800. Red roof, white body, red fenders. These same old colors are getting old. And add some striping, and fender skirts, and curb feelers, and moon hubcaps, and some lowriders that bounce, gangster visors, swan hood ornaments, huge straight pipes, extended frames. Why not go all the way??????????????????????????????? Or you could simply make an AUTOCAR dang it.
RMS Models
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 4:13:22 PM

Quinella,

How much more are you willing to pay for a dual color scheme, strips, etc?
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:44:10 PM

Well Randy, I paid for the Mammoet color scheme, the Kokosing, the Wendt, the Superior...etc. They didn't cost anymore than the solid colors. The Pete 357s had dual colors on some. On the CAT CT680 fiascos, we had black fenders with the colors. The Alan Smith trucks came in dual tones with no upcharge either. As a matter of fact, look at the Mammoet Pete and KW. It has a white roof, black body, and red stripe with livery. When they came out, were they anymore than regular colors? If so, how much. Look at all the European trucks. Wouldn't you love to have some of their color schemes? Let's get out of the rut and get crazy! CAW
3406E
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 2:34:37 AM

I think he may have been referring to custom paint work to get different looks you want. Personally I think it'd be cool to see some two-tone paint schemes on the Sword/WSI trucks coming from the factory in the future. I've always wished that someone would produce aftermarket accessories for them such as new bumpers, exhausts, visors, fenders, lights etc.

Here's a custom paint job on did on my yellow KW T800W (as well as some other modifications).

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:07:28 AM

Definitely bummed that there are only two colors being released for the KW, was looking forward to picking up at least one black set if not two. Can't believe the Mack was the only set that was released in black Not talking
RMS Models
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 8:32:25 AM

Quinella,

Times are different from when the original Peterbilts were released. Look at the latest release of the Peterbilts, the standard versions sold for $214.95, the Bay Crane version sold for $229.95. Same with the latest release of the Kenworth T800, standard versions are priced at $219.95, the Miller Transfer version is priced at $239.95. Not sure where or how you purchased your Mammoet trucks, while DHS was selling the Kenworth T800 with lowboy for $209.95, the Mammoet version was offered at $249.95. Paint aside, I was more interested in what customers are willing to pay for accessories. They do cost more to produce, typically the collector does not notice the added cost because all the trucks in a manufactured run include them, however, they are an up charge.
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:15:36 PM

Clifton: Though I might not have chosen that paint scheme, it is wicked. Is it a fleet color or just a one off? Randy: I stand corrected on the Mammoets. $30.00 more for a Mammoet was well worth the investment. Kokosing Const Co: I think a black T-800 would have been great. The first run done by TWH was killer. They occasionally come up on Ebay. I wish I had kept a black KW and a black Pete. I did keep the Mammoets, the Wendt, the Superior, and some reds. But I am slowly backing away from anymore. Unless a new lowboy comes out, I don't need anymore Rogers. Chuck could make some money with some new stuff. But I see his point about using the same molds. They are getting common now though.
HeavyHaul
Posted: Thursday, September 14, 2017 1:44:18 PM

Certain "speciality livery" units cost more because they are "unique" and those who gave the project the green light know they can charge more because a segment of collectors will pay more. That's it, plain and simple.
Back in the day, did anyone pay extra when Conrad produced the International 5600i dumps in Iowa or Kimball colors? Nope, they were just the same price as an all black truck was.
As was pointed out, the Pete 357 dumps came with some unique schemes. Even the Pete 379 with ramp trailer had the Wendt with red fenders/stripe...and if I'm not mistaken at least one of the Pete 379's with the 3x3x3's came in a two-tone blue striped scheme. The WSI Kenworth/Drake trucks, even First Gear Kenworth T880's and Pete 367's all come in either two-tone or striped schemes that don't cost extra. The 1/64 DCP trucks are another example of multiple color combinations that don't demand a higher price than a single color unit.
None of these are hand painted, nor have their own custom decals drawn up and applied like SteelCityConsTrucktion used to do.
As long as collectors continue to pay extra for select liveries (Mammoet, Kokosing, Bay Crane, etc) that Sword has produced, they'll keep bumping up the prices.
I certainly understand that overall, diecast model prices are up - due to a number of factors, but good luck convincing me that Sword can't get WSI etc to produce the same, identical model with a varied paint scheme for the same price, when WSI (who if I'm not mistaken produces Sword trucks now), First Gear and a number of other manufacturers can do it for the same unit price as a single color model.
3406E
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 2:28:35 AM

Thanks Quinella, I'm really happy with how it came out. It's just a one off design although the colors are kind of similar to Irelands fleet of log trucks. I couldn't find a yellow to match the Sword paint when I first got this truck years ago so I started thinking up color combos that might look good and decided on blue. It took a couple years and finding the right masking tape for me to finally build up the courage to do this. With the cab painted and the future additions I plan I didn't think a black frame would look good so I painted the frame too. I think a yellow frame with blue fenders would have looked cooler but I still don't have a match for the yellow lol.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
mike failla
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 9:38:02 AM

I will keep my hopes alive for the yellow and even the black and white version. Do you all think it may be possible that the T800W's would be eventually released as single tractors as the 379 petes were? That would be great.
What about a standard , used forever non spread axle flatbed float? Me, i think that i have enough of the rogers lowboys and they are really nice but something different.