DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Big "cat" music Options · View
TimT
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 8:24:07 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I had the Cat D8H 36A and the IH TD-25c both running in the yard today... my girlfriend decided to make a walk around video... She did a GREAT job capturing these classic machines. I think if you like big old engines and machines you will enjoy this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=mLRxoUaJh1s
Quinella
Posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 9:56:27 PM

Groups: Member

Great video. What are you going to be using these on? CAW
sd90
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 12:17:16 AM

Nice video I compared the sword 1/25 sale model International to the Dressa on the video
Almost the same only the name.They are great models.
Leon.
mike failla
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 10:53:28 AM

817 idle speed to low. Needs to notched up a bit. Linkage or pump needs adjusting a bit. Shouldnt be "loping". Other than that they sound pretty sweet.
TimT
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:04:01 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

sd90 wrote:
Nice video I compared the sword 1/25 sale model International to the Dressa on the video
Almost the same only the name.They are great models.
Leon.

That's because its not a Dresser. It IS an Internatioanl Harvestor. 1975 TD-25C.. The Dresser name came on them after Dresser bought the construction division from IH... that was at least 10 years after this machine was built. Most of the machines that got re-painted ended up with Dresser decals because that's what was available from the dealers. "Dressta" machines are built in Poland after Dresser sold the division. Later Dresser machines and Dressta machines ran/run Cummins power.. and in my opinion are a poor excuse for the True "Internationals' or Payline machines.

That 817C throttle setting was low because I set it that way when it was cold. one notch up and she idles fine. That is a later 817C and has been "turned up" by the original owner. He said it puts out 335-338 hp after the pump work and governor setting. To be honest I have yet to run the machine wide open. Almost scary. These engines were rated at 375 hp in off road trucks and a very few on-highway trucks. Very heavy engine for an over the road truck. But many years ago the Union Lumber Company "Boise Cascade" used quite a few of them in Big Kenworth 849 off-highway logging trucks in the coastal old growth redwood forests to make long steep hauls of well over 200,000 lbs to the giant mill in Ft Bragg California. Union Lumber also ran a large mixed fleet of skid Cats made up of TD24's 25's and lots of Cat D8's .

Union Lumber Co. KW 849's with IH 817's below:

sd90
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2017 3:42:07 AM

Thanks Tim T,

For information on international dozers 72 still learning ,I don't think I would be able to get the real one in my shed.
Leon.