DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

TTC Diecast? Help needed. Options · View
D3xter
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:07:40 AM
Groups: Member

Please excuse me if I have posted in the wrong forum.

I had ordered a model from TTC Diecast based in Derby, UK and apart from a curt mail saying that I have paid wrongly for the article to be shipped to India, I have had no reply from them regarding posting of the parcel or the tracking number. Repeated requests have been stonewalled. I did pay the difference in the postage fees.

Has anyone here dealt with them before and can vouch for their credibility. They seem like a well run establishment with good presence on social media.

Thanks in anticipation of a reply.
D3xter
Posted: Friday, October 27, 2017 1:37:55 PM

420 views and no one? Does not seem to be a popular site after all.
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:00:39 AM

D3xter wrote:

I asked kindly for someone to post links in a post. 722 people and not one could lift a finger to do so.

Get use to it. If your post doesn't have flashing lights,the newest toy or if it's not same ole topic. Doomed to getting response.

I wonder how many readers remember to breath while reading...

Order from DHS . Chuck won't do you wrong .

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Paul R
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:12:47 AM

D3xter wrote:

I’ve never heard of them before and have been collecting models for over 20yrs. I used to live close to Loughborough also.

Thanks,

Paul R
D3xter
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 12:49:48 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Very much appreciated. I would definitely order from DHS if I was in NA or Europe. Importing models to India from the US turns out to be very expensive and even more so if customs get wind of the goodies in the post. Customs duties are not a problem but since the appraisal is outsourced, I fear damage to the models.
Looks like I will have to get help of PayPal to resolve my problem.
kcmtoys
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 1:21:55 PM

I, like many others (especially in the US) have never heard of them. If Paul R hasn't heard of them, It sounds like they are a fly by night internet company. The only important responses would be from people who have dealt with them. Just my opinion. Good luck on collecting your money or models.

modelmaniac
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 3:10:48 PM

TTC is the new trading name,for Loughborough model centre.Which is probably why they are unheard of.They do seem to be a good retailer,and have sold online,and delivered a large number of railway items.You may have had a unique experience.I am sure that if you contact them,they will rectify,and sort out any problems.You can usually track a parcel while it is in the country of origin,for instance,I can track a delivery from a shop in Germany,DHL will handle it while it is in Germany,but as soon as it has been passed to Parcelforce,in the UK,(part of the global delivery network)I can no longer track it.
D3xter
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 5:18:03 PM

Michael you are right. They have quite an active trading page in facebook for railroad models. I sent a couple of mails to them asking for a tracking number but there is complete radio silence. I would rather have the model than have to start searching it all over again. It is nothing greater than a lowly WSI Scania 8x4 cab but they are no where to be found for a reasonable price online.
I finally contacted them through PayPal as a last straw hoping that they will reply. Not out to cheat anyone of their hard earned money but the prolonged lack of communication after taking mine is not good business sense.
Thanks all for bearing my rant.
GC1
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 7:50:09 PM

Maybe the 420 people who viewed your thread have not heard of them,have not dealt with them before, cannot vouch for their credibility and have never known who they were. So did not comment purely because they deemed it was prudent, not to comment on something they did not know about.
modelmaniac
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 8:23:42 PM

Be patient.Paypal will either,refund you,or you will receive a delivery,shortly.P.S,there is nothing lowly,about any WSI trucks!
D3xter
Posted: Saturday, October 28, 2017 11:58:58 PM

GC1 wrote:
Maybe the 420 people who viewed your thread have not heard of them,have not dealt with them before, cannot vouch for their credibility and have never known who they were. So did not comment purely because they deemed it was prudent, not to comment on something they did not know about.

Please don't take it in the wrong sense.
What I meant was that if 420 people had seen the thread and if those are 420 unique views, there could have been chances that atleast a few must have had purchased from them.
Michael, no doubt about WSI quality. I could get them everyday and twice on a Sunday. I collect 1/18 cars and was pushed down the 1/50 slope by a cousin who first gifted me a WSI Volvo 6x4. From there on, I have slowly added a few more. Lack of proper display and storage prevents me from going gung-ho with cranes and construction.
modelmaniac
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2017 8:43:47 AM

No doubt,once you start with any WSI,you will have to add more models,with equal details.You said you have been pushed down the 1/50 slope.It is a very,very long slope!Teeth
mike failla
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2017 12:49:43 PM

Just never heard of them so no reply.
dain555
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2017 1:21:31 PM

I've never heard of them but then again I'm in the USA. I know we had a company here that went belly up not long after I got a couple models from them, guess they couldn't make a go of it. That company was Type III Sales, I got my Gradall XL5100 from them and a Joal Cat 12G grader, about a year later I was looking for something and went to check them and they were gone.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
D3xter
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 10:56:53 AM

Thanks all for the replies and concern. In continuation to the saga, I opened a case in PayPal and the seller finally answered today. Following is his reply:

Hi Winston, sorry there was a misunderstanding with the postage on these models, i can see that this has been paid, so the models can be shipped. unfortunately i cant ship whilst the is a paypal case on the item, as paypal have my money. so in effect i haven't been paid.. please cancel the dispute and i will post tomorrow with a tracking number. if there is still a problem in a week or so, then you are free to open another dispute.
sorry for the misunderstanding.. but we can sort this straight away,

- TTCDIECAST.COM, Wednesday 1 November 2017 at 4:34:08 p.m.

I need your advice. Is there truth in his reply. If I close the dispute for now, can I still open a dispute if he has not kept his word.
Sorry for so many questions. Never had I to face such a problem before in all my collecting years.
modelmaniac
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 11:28:58 AM

Told you it would be sorted.Fairly quickly.TeethPaypal has the money,so I would cancel the dispute.He will send the model,Paypal will then pay him,when it has been received,by you.A good end,to any dispute.All sides are happy.Applause
D3xter
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 11:30:45 AM

So should I cancel the dispute?
Edit: I have only opened a dispute.not escalated it to a claim.
modelmaniac
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 11:36:45 AM

Yes,cancel this dispute.As you are the customer,and have paid,your consumer rights are still valid.(Paypal know this)If,in a few weeks,if you still have a problem with TTC,you can always open another dispute,as stated by them.
D3xter
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 11:40:53 AM

Thanks for your advice Michael. I will cancel it for now. Hopefully this is the end of issue.
Dumper
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 12:05:32 PM

Paypal should be able to help, all u have to tell them is was never shipped or iyem never recieved.