DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Hello from India Options · View
D3xter
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 2:32:50 PM
Groups: Member

Hello everyone. I am Winston from India. Been a member for a few months now and this is only my second thread. I thought I would introduce myself here. Better late than never.
I have been collecting 1/18 and 1/43 cars and trucks for almost 20 years now and as mentioned elsewhere, was tempted into collecting 1/50 models a couple of years ago by mycousin with a WSI Volvo FM400. Ever since then it as been an on and off affair with this scale. Along with the road trucks, I was also fortunate to add the Cat 797F and Komatsu 960E which always serve as jaw droppers for someone seeing them for the first time. Adding a couple of photos till I can click some more and share them here.
My newest pride and joy being shipped into town.

Looks like the town airport as a brand new fire engine.

Some of my 1/43 models by Minichamps and Autoart.

The L6600 carrying a Mercedes Benz 500 SEC, (1/43 Autoart)

American Muscle

Ice road truckers

Mining trucks

Part of the collection. Few models missing.

Size comparison of the Corgi Scammel set with some of the 1/18 models.
]

1/18 collection

Uzair
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 8:04:37 PM

Hi Winston, welcome from a fellow newbie here Smiley Aren't you active on DX as WinstonCDS? Nice 1:18 collection by the way Smiley
D3xter
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2017 12:46:55 AM

Welcome to you too Uzair. That would be me and guess who else is here. Let's have a look at your 1/50 models too.
Uzair
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2017 5:51:34 AM

Haha I haven't really built up a 1/50 construction collection yet, just a solitary mobile crane model. And still boxed up I'm afraid so no photos to share :(

Nice to see that I am not the only 1/18 car collector who fancies other formats of diecast models. The lure of finely crafted metal is what pulls me in, and perhaps is the motivation for you as well.
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2017 7:45:17 AM

Welcome Winston!

I hope you enjoy your time here Smile

I had the privelage of visiting India in 2013 when we travelled from Ladakh to Kashmir. It was some of the most spectacular landscapes I have ever seen!

Sorry to digress from the subject of diecast models but seeing you from India and then looking back at some of my photos from our visit there brought back some wonderful memories!

Kind regards,

Paul R
Campmb
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2017 9:52:25 AM

Welcome to the club Winston. That's quite a collection there! Nicely displayed. Welcome to you too Uzair. We are all a little crazy here. This hobby is so addictive. Thanks Paul for the pictures of that beautiful landscape. Stunning! Mike
D3xter
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2017 1:00:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome Paul and Campmb. I have been a lurker for a long time now and registered only earlier this year. Big fan of Paul, Ian and GusO here. Fantastic collection and the dio that GusO has/had in his attic is what I aspire to do some day. There is also Ulf and his dioramas which always bring a smile and a couple of custom builders who leave me in awe. Sorry if I missed out on your names. But you guys are the best.
Paul, those are some wonderful pictures. I am in Bombay which is on the west coast of India. While we have the sea to visit, the mountains to the north are really where everyone wants to go to. Truly heaven on earth as seen in the pics. Infact we had planned to visit the Taj Mahal and round it off with a trip to Ladakh later this month. But with the ongoing repairs to the monument, we dropped our plans and hope to do the trip later in 2018. I have visited more places in the US than in India truth be told. Teeth