DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Wsi Volvo EC950 Options · View
BIG CHRIS
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 8:28:30 PM
Groups: Member

Just received my model and have to say first impressions are very good,not as detailed as the Hitachi 870 with none of the engine grills being perforated but on a par with the liebherr 970.
A bit disappointed with some of the paint finish but still a great model,will post pics soon.
modelmaniac
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 9:36:35 PM

Glad you are pleased.Cannot wait,to get one.Have hitch and various attachments ready!The pictures will only support the reason to definitely get one!Please illustrate full bucket movement in the pics.
Paul
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 9:44:29 PM

Yes, although I've seen a number of photos it's nice to get a "true-to-life review" so if you can share some more thoughts and photos that would be great.

I have the WSI Liebherr R970 and it's a nice detailed model but it lacks the solid feel you get with Conrad.

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

BIG CHRIS
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 10:12:25 PM

Having real trouble uploading pics, I've created a board on Pinterest entitled Volvo EC950, hopefully you can find them there. Nice surprise to find the bucket is bolted on not riveted.
maxcavator
Posted: Wednesday, December 06, 2017 10:55:34 PM

BIG CHRIS wrote:
Just received my model and have to say first impressions are very good,not as detailed as the Hitachi 870 with none of the engine grills being perforated but on a par with the liebherr 970.
A bit disappointed with some of the paint finish but still a great model,will post pics soon.

I don't think you will find another diecast excavator model that detailed again. I have taken the 870 completely apart and the amount of engine detail they put in it is simply ridiculous. There is a ton of detail in the engine you cannot see from the outside.

Mine is on the way too.
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 7:48:17 AM

BIG CHRIS wrote:

As Max said I doubt we will see another Hitachi 870 again. It puts almost all other model excavators to shame I think at that price point.

I was a little sad to see the the CW was not removable like the 870 is. Would have made for a great load if it was!

There have been loads of photos and real life reviews on Facebook so I am confident its a decent model. I much prefer the detail of a model against a lump of heavy metal! Just waiting on the New Year for the next batch now!

Paul R
BIG CHRIS
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 8:27:39 AM

Don't get me wrong it's a cracking model and very happy with it. Put a Gaz Evans bucket on it this morning and looks pretty cool!
Paul R
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 10:01:51 AM

BIG CHRIS wrote:
Don't get me wrong it's a cracking model and very happy with it. Put a Gaz Evans bucket on it this morning and looks pretty cool!

I have ordered one so I hope so Wink

Looks good from what I have seen of it.

Paul R
ChandlerYohn
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 12:49:16 PM

Looks like a very beautiful model and that’s a great feature that the bucket is removable.

Just thought I’d share a WSI YouTube video (not much on their channel yet), but provides some detail shots and a 360 around the model.

WSI Volvo EC950E Video

Take care and all the best.

Instagram ChandlerYohn YouTube
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2017 6:57:25 PM

Wow.Further confirmation.Must get one.Thanks for sharing.WSI,never disappoints.