DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NZG CAT 994D custom ideas Options · View
Jamiescotland
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 2:25:20 PM

Groups: Member

Hello, haven't posted in a while as I haven't really been doing much modelmaking. I have started to sort out an old CAT 994D loader with new railings and a few other details. Thinking about colours/liveries, any ideas? I've only ever seen them done by NZG in white or green, plus a couple of customs in Suncor colours. Tempted to go for the Suncor, but just thought I'd ask here if anyone has seen any other 994s in different colours. I'd prefer it to be modelled on a real machine.
Cheers, Jamie
Campmb
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2018 4:05:52 PM

Don't know for sure if they even have a 994, but I always liked the Mt. Arthur Coal scheme. I'm sure what ever you decide, it will look great. I've always admired your work. Mike
Jamiescotland
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 9:06:09 AM

A good idea Mike, but I've decided to go for a Kappeli liveried machine - bright yellow-green body, grey bucket and railings, and either white or green cab. Hopefully a bit more exciting than the usual CAT yellow. Not sure whether to introduce dark green for part of the model too (loader arms, wheel arches). Maybe not as I don't have the correct colour paint and don't want to buy yet more spray cans!