Groups: Member

The 2828 tractor, built from a sheeted dropside lorry:

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:44:21 AM

Both NZG model versions:

I couldn't find any truck fitted with narrow mud guards at front (except for the very light range), the Ford Cargo seen everywhere having effectively mud guards protruding widely from its cab:

Then why would NZG produce 2 different models? Except for a design error made on the 1st version (grey sheeted dropside model) I don't see any valid reason.
Any better explanation is welcome.

Top pictures issued from the NZG website.

Regards.
Guy
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:25:25 PM

GuyM wrote:
Some tank transport combinations in Jean-Paul's fleet.

1-Bernard carrier and trailer (Minitrucks kits):

To be continued.
Guy

Guy, I once read a cartoon about wine tankers and a gang stealing such trucks. This one looks very similar. Is it a wine tanker?

À votre santé
Max
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:10:16 PM

Merci Max,

The Bernard 110 CA 6LW truck was equipped, at Sabaton's request - the transport company owner - with a special low line cab allowing the 6x2 tanker to enter any low ceiling cellars in South of France Corbieres and Roussillon wine-producing regions:

That one-off truck was nicely reproduced by Minitrucks in a 1/50 scale, that could well be the one you refer to!

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:09:01 AM

Max,

I suppose that the cartoon you mentioned is "Le Gang des Pinardiers" (Th. Dubois and J.L. Delvaux - Paquet Editions):

The scenarist Th. Dubois and the cartoonist J.L. Delvaux being both fond of 1950s/1960s cars, trucks and "routes nationales" atmosphere (French main roads network), J. Gipar's adventures are packed with realistic scenes from that time:

I hope this helps.
Guy
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:19:56 PM

That's it, Guy! Exactly, that's the cartoon I was speaking of.

I'm interested both in scale modeling and cartoons and many cartoonists use scale models to do a proper illustration of a vehicle. The culture of cartoon-drawing from France/Belgium is great, especially when it comes to drawing vehicles.

Franquin once made a nice little story about his chaotic character Gaston Lagaffe: Gaston wants to drive is girlfriend-in-spe to the cinema, nice romantic evening and such. But his own car broke down and all of his friends turn down his request for help - well remembering the repair costs from the last time when they borrowed him their car. The only one willing to help is a mate with access to a Caterpillar D7. Gaston probably is not able to break this one, but I would have "conciderable concern" to give him access to such a powerful machine ...

Best regards,
Max
GuyM
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:57:17 AM

Heavy haulage combination from Holtrop/Van der Vlist, subsidiary of the Dutch transporter in Northern Holland:

Scania/Beers/Estepe P450 10x4/6 tractor and Nooteboom Euro-PX2-86-14(ICP) modular semi-trailer with 4-line extendable extra low bed and 1-line integrated dolly (WSI models) carrying a 53.7 tonnes Liebherr PR 764 bulldozer with ripper (NZG model)

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:09:32 AM

Close view of the Scania tractor modified by Beers (addition of 2nd and 5th axles) and Estepe (cab low roof):

The Liebherr unit, which was the largest model of the German construction company bulldozer range until they recently produced their 73 tonnes PR 776 equipment:

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 3:54:47 AM

Daimler DC27 4x2/2 with Hooper ambulance body (Corgi model)

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 4:02:59 AM

Transport of light lifting units by a French plant equipment rental company:

MAN TGX 33-440 FDS 6x4/2 tractor (WSI model) and Nicolas Euroflex 3 3-axle lowboy (IMC model) loaded with a 9.8 tonnes Komatsu WH 613 4x4/4 telescopic forklift (Universal Hobbies model) and a 12.3 tonnes New Holland LM 1745 4x4/4 telescopic forklift and its removable bucket (Ros model and item)

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:39:34 PM

Guy I believe that is the first ambulance I have seen here, is Daimler part of Mercedes.
Stev
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2019 2:21:03 PM

Steve,

The Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft joined forces in June 1926 with the Benz Company, to become the Daimler-Benz AG group, which is better known commercially as Mercedes-Benz.

The Daimler Motor Company Ltd was an independent British car manufacturer, part of Birmingham Small Arms Co (BSA) from 1910, then of Jaguar Cars from 1960. They only had the rights to use Daimler name for their vehicles: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_Company.
Ford Motor Company bought Jaguar Cars in 1990 and under Ford direction, the Daimler marque was dropped in 2007.

Daimler (Motor Co - UK) built after WW2, first with Harper & Co, then later with Hooper & Co, the DC27 ambulance, in response to a London County Council (LCC) call for tender: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_DE
It is then fair to say that this "Daimler" ambulance was purely British and had nothing to do with Mercedes-Benz.

I hope this helps.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2019 9:30:26 PM

Guy thanks for the response and information. I bought my wife a Mercedes and remember the sticker on the front window with Daimler-Benz on it, but never thought twice about it until you posted your ambulance with the name. They have their name associated with two prestigious car manufacturers.
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 2:53:43 AM

GuyM wrote:
[...] Daimler (Motor Co - UK) built after WW2, first with Barker & Co, then later with Hooper & Co, the DC27 ambulance, in response to a London County Council (LCC) call for tender: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daimler_DE |...]

Steve,

Sorry for the misspelling: the 1st bodybuilder working with Daimler on the ambulance was Barker and not Harper, as wrongly written.

Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 3:16:32 AM

A few models from Jean-Paul's collection.
On the 2 first pictures, a Renault C Series, last generation model of the French truck builder reproduced in a 1/50 scale by the small French model company, Creatpshop:

An older Berliet TR unit:

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 3:22:33 AM

Berliet TBO 15 M3 HC in Millon livery, a well-known heavy haulage company from the Lyon region (France):

Regards.
Guy
modelmaniac
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 10:43:06 AM

The red tractor,with the tanker trailer.Is that a Bernard?I have only ever seen black and white photos,of those trucks.The lines/design of that cab,always fascinated me.Everything else was basically a square.
GuyM
Posted: Monday, July 01, 2019 12:20:47 PM

modelmaniac,

Yes, the tractor is a Bernard TDA 160-35, fitted with the Charbonneaux cab which was nicknamed the "Television" (guess why!).

Another picture of that truck:

The unit which could have triggered Jean-Paul's model:

The Charbonneaux cab was fitted on Bernard tractors (4x2 and 6x4) and carriers (2 and 3 axles, even a one-off 4-axle reefer box truck was built). Was it because of the nickname, such Bernard units could even be found in the French TV fleet at that time:

In case you have a Facebook account, here is a link to a Fb page dedicated to that model, where you should find much more pictures: https://www.facebook.com/BernardCabineTelevision/

I hope this helps.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 12:10:23 AM

Guy that Renault tractor is different looking, was it a big seller.
Steve