DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

First Gear Peterbilt 367? Options · View
Claus
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 10:56:12 AM

Groups: Member

Did First Gear ever produce the 1/50 Peterbilt 367 in a semi tractor (not a dump truck) and Red, no stripes or lettering, just Red? I have been told the stripes and lettering on those trucks can be removed but that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.
GuyM
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 12:20:31 PM

Claus,

I don't think that there was a full red Peterbilt tractor ever made by First Gear in 1/50 scale. The only tractor version I know, which is kind of red, was this one:

But it is not mentioned on Fist Gear website anymore: https://www.firstgearonline.com/product-store/trucks/brands/peterbilt-2

I hope it helps.
Guy
Claus
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 4:24:11 PM

Thank you. I know they also made s Red Case IH version but again, not just plain Red.

noraztrans
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 7:11:57 PM

The all read version were the case is version with the decals stripped. Usually floating around ebay.

HAMMER TO FIT...PAINT TO MATCH!

The ironic use of IT IV emissions technology on forestry equipment…. “Burning the woods down while trying to save the ozone”
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 1:43:16 AM

I have a black Pete that had red stripes on it and they came off extremely easy. The logos aren't that hard to come off, little nail polish remover wiped a few times over and done!
Brad
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 7:47:25 PM

Claus, I have removed the graphics on a number of trucks. A little nail polish remover on a Q tip followed immediately by a scrubbing with a tip with hot soapy water. If you lose a little shine just hit it with a little polish on another thip. The Case IH would be a snap because the door edge would help.
Claus
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 9:48:23 PM

Thanks for the tips guys. I like my trucks either Red or Black with no graphics but to tell the truth if I got my hands on the Case IH I probably would just leave it be. I really hate how First Gear did the stacks on the 367 with the flange at the bottom of the tops, with they were just straight out of the mufflers to the top of the miters. The FG headache racks have also always been a little distracting to me, looks way too much like the plastic it is.