DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

International Trucks Pictures Options · View
kcmtoys
Posted: Thursday, July 05, 2018 6:30:10 PM

Groups: Member

Here are some pictures from the internet. My understanding is that there will not be separate trailers available. BIG MISTAKE in my opinion. This is how the tractors and trailers will be available. The only practical trailer use for the tandem axle tractor is the 3 axle trailer only. You will have to buy the tri-drive to use the neck extension and the boosters. I would like to see a yellow tractor and trailer in the mix. I hope the cabs are interchangeable! Whistle Think

zzzz IH by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

zzzz IH2 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

zzzzIH3 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

zzzzIH4 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

zzzz IH 5 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

heavyload
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2018 11:26:04 AM

Stop complaining guys and for some of you crying. Intel (always dream to use that word) told me that you will have nice surprises next year. Just saying trust these guys thay are doing a great job Smile

LL

Luc.
kcmtoys
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2018 1:15:17 PM

heavyload wrote:
Stop complaining guys and for some of you crying. Intel (always dream to use that word) told me that you will have nice surprises next year. Just saying trust these guys thay are doing a great job Smile

LL

I am not complaining by any means. I would like to be able to buy the trailers separate from the tractors is all I am saying. I think they are a great addition to the collecting market.Whistle Cool Applause Ken

Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2018 3:19:01 PM

Heavyload you are the one who said they are the same quality of the Norscot Cat trucks, and that is what I based my comment on. The Cat trucks that I have from Norscot are on the shelf with my sons collection that I got for him over the years, I consider them more on the side of a toy than a model, not intended for children. They look very nice but it is the quality I do not care for.
Steve
heavyload
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 11:36:29 AM

I'm not talking to everyone here but for whom the hat fit. I read already comments about there will be lot of plastic and bla bla bla... I sick and tired about these guys who by the way didn't help the industry. Most of them wants the highest quality but they can't afford it. I do also agree that for the price, Ct660 is nice truck and I do have some of them. My comment is also to let people know that DM is doing a better job then we did with Tonkin and Norscot. Reason is simple. DM seems to have a strategy and the are opened mind... so trust them. You guys don't have any idea how complexe is to build a diecast model from scratch... Sorry but don't start complaining before the model goes out.

My 2 cents... have a nice WE

LL

Luc.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 12:23:43 PM

Heavyload you are getting silly with your comments now, go back to when you first posted, you used sentences like, same quality as The Norscot Cat trucks, there will be plastic and not a lot of moving parts. These are comments you made in which people react to, if you want people to feel good about the product then bring up the good points of it, not the points that people will react negatively to. Your worst comment is the one about people “who did not help the industry”. I believe 99% of the people on this forum helped the industry in the most important way, they bought their product. Also telling people what they can and can not afford is not your place, because you have no idea about anyone’s financial situation but your own.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 7:57:35 PM

Luck if I had to guess, I think your comments refer to me. I am the one who voiced my regrets over the Tonkin/WSI Cat CT 680s. And I stand by them. Those are the worst truck models I have ever bought. if you stare at the, they break. The cat emblem on the front will slide off just by touching it. The fenders mirrors fall off, as do the flaps, visor, and wheel fenders. They are total junk for the price, even with the WSI lowboys. Now First Gear trucks are only slightly better. For the price that they get, they are lousy. They break almost as badly as Tonkin. Just think, for $125.00 for one of the Pete 357 with lowboy, for only $100.00 more, you can buy a Sword/WSI. The Sword trucks are ten times better. And I have my gripes about WSI too. I realize that to keep manufacturing cost down, while adding the desired extra detail, they must use plastic. But why not use higher grade plastic? Now, with regard to these new DM trucks, they started off with the wrong trailer configurations, as Ken alluded to. The trailers should come separately. Now the price. At the price stated, they WILL have a lot of plastic and no opening doors,or hoods. So if they come in at around $100.00 to 125.00 for truck and trailer, they may be just like the other brands. I love to get a new truck brand. But after being spoiled by Conrad, then Smith, then Sword/TWH, and finally WSI, And remember the CCM Kenworth T800? I will never go back to lesser quality. As they say, it only takes a little bit more to go first class.
Quinella
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2018 7:58:35 PM

Quinella wrote:
Luck if I had to guess, I think your comments refer to me. I am the one who voiced my regrets over the Tonkin/WSI Cat CT 680s. And I stand by them. Those are the worst truck models I have ever bought. if you stare at them, they break. The cat emblem on the front will slide off just by touching it. The fenders mirrors fall off, as do the flaps, visor, and wheel fenders. They are total junk for the price, even with the WSI lowboys. Now First Gear trucks are only slightly better. For the price that they get, they are lousy. They break almost as badly as Tonkin. Just think, for $125.00 for one of the Pete 357 with lowboy, for only $100.00 more, you can buy a Sword/WSI. The Sword trucks are ten times better. And I have my gripes about WSI too. I realize that to keep manufacturing cost down, while adding the desired extra detail, they must use plastic. But why not use higher grade plastic? Now, with regard to these new DM trucks, they started off with the wrong trailer configurations, as Ken alluded to. The trailers should come separately. Now the price. At the price stated, they WILL have a lot of plastic and no opening doors,or hoods. So if they come in at around $100.00 to 125.00 for truck and trailer, they may be just like the other brands. I love to get a new truck brand. But after being spoiled by Conrad, then Smith, then Sword/TWH, and finally WSI, And remember the CCM Kenworth T800? I will never go back to lesser quality. As they say, it only takes a little bit more to go first class.

Sorry, I misspelled some words. CAW Oh, and I wouldn't!t buy a Norscot Pete with your money.
heavyload
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 5:32:03 PM

Now you are getting personnal Steve. So I'm silly... Well thanks I really appreciate because most of the people tought that Einstein was silly!!!! See it's all about interpretation. I used Norscot quality and then people react. Did I said bad things about it? Nope. CT660 is a good truck I liked them. I said not a lot of moving part based on my experience in this industry if you add moving parts it will increase the cost... (fact) Diecast Industry stay alive with OEM not collectors. (fact) we are less than 20% of their business except CCM, ASAM etc, so we should be please to see a new model coming and thanks God.... Talking about God, Smile CAW you are not the one that I target. Smile Your critics are always based on something real. Before bashing on the T.... Product you bought some and between you and me you are right. BTW I'm no longer with them since early 2015 and I do have free speaking now Smile. In my eyes WSI and SWORD ahve the best products (don't have any DRake) for the bucks but some will like Tonkin because they show up with companies design... see. And I know for sure CAW that, like me, Conrad COE FLB freightliner still one of your favorite model... Strange hey! As for the DM trailer use your patience I think you will be please at some point.

Believe it or not Steve yes they are people complaining about model and don't have the $$$ for it. You will not change my mond on this and we don't have to agree neither... OK I'm done, I want to lkeep my hobby fun! Remember is all about interpretation...

Silly Luc says so long ! (might change heavyload for Silly Luc)

CAW check your mail you have a nice Norcot Pete underway Smile

Luc.
joepipefitter
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 6:01:39 PM

I know this takes away from the arguing but wasn't there a jeep with these as well.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
zachattak2
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 6:14:42 PM

i had read on one site that the set with the 349 mentioned a jeep
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 6:40:28 PM

Luc: I eagerly await the Norscot Pete. And I will be patient with DM. Anyone who still loves Conrad Freightliner COEs is always welcome in my home. Watch out for that Steve guy. He,s a real goober!!! But he,s one of us too! CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 6:48:29 PM

Hey Silly Luc your posts go from bad to worse. I said your comments were silly so I guess you do interpret differently than I do. And also our opinion of quality.
Steve
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 7:00:36 PM

Also Silly Luc don’t make me send that bruiser Quinella up north to pay you a visit.
Steve
Cat938k
Posted: Sunday, July 08, 2018 11:03:33 PM

The colours look great but from the pictures it looks like white wheels. Wonder why they didn’t do any chrome wheels?

- Tyler

rmkulak
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2018 11:35:39 AM

I'm not a huge 1/50 collector but these look awesome. I will add some for sure.

I just wish DM would take these down to 1/87 or almost anything of there larger cat items.
kcmtoys
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2018 6:46:27 PM

In regards to the jeep, the white tractor/trailer set shows a 4 axle tractor. I think they are confused with their terminology and they are talking about the short neck extension. There is one other possibility, XL Specialized makes a Joe Dog. This could be used with this neck and extension.

zzzzz xl joe dog by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

BAH
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:03:58 PM

Interesting reading, but just a couple of points, the people that design and produce the DM models are the same team that made the Norscott model. It is the same factory the same engineers. DM have had to lift their game with detail and quality with some of their new cat items to stay up with the other manufactures producing similar models. They also need to make some tooling upgrades and changes to continue to sell the product. How many collectors would buy another classis series D11R? Most people already have one. Now many collectors would buy a new D11 with updated tooling?
These new trucks have been produced to meet a price point in the market. The detail level might not suit every collector, but I guess its all that is available. To produce a high detail truck, you need to outlay a lot of $$$ for tooling which you need to sell a lot of trucks to recover. So, if it’s not a popular truck that will sell 1,000s and 1,000’s you need to cut your cost back which means more plastic parts + less detail = less tooling & cost.
Heavyload, I have to disagree with the comment about OEM keeping the industry afloat, in most cases if it was not for the collectors purchasing the product the diecast industry would not survive.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:34:47 PM

BAH I totally agree with your last statement, I believe the collectors drive the diecast model industry. In other words industry would not produce a product if people were not going to buy it, just common sense business.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:13:21 PM

BAH wrote:
Interesting reading, but just a couple of points, the people that design and produce the DM models are the same team that made the Norscott model. It is the same factory the same engineers. DM have had to lift their game with detail and quality with some of their new cat items to stay up with the other manufactures producing similar models. They also need to make some tooling upgrades and changes to continue to sell the product. How many collectors would buy another classis series D11R? Most people already have one. Now many collectors would buy a new D11 with updated tooling?
These new trucks have been produced to meet a price point in the market. The detail level might not suit every collector, but I guess its all that is available. To produce a high detail truck, you need to outlay a lot of $$$ for tooling which you need to sell a lot of trucks to recover. So, if it’s not a popular truck that will sell 1,000s and 1,000’s you need to cut your cost back which means more plastic parts + less detail = less tooling & cost.
Heavyload, I have to disagree with the comment about OEM keeping the industry afloat, in most cases if it was not for the collectors purchasing the product the diecast industry would not survive.

I think Luc was referring to Tonkin only. They made most of their trucks for OEMs to give to their customers and employees as I remember. And for the trucks, I think Chuck does alright with the Sword models. For 1 3/4 times the cost, why wouldn't you save up for a Sword truck? I guess it's because the DM trucks are Internationals. We haven't had an International since Uncle Roy did them with Conrad. I will wait and check them out. It will take a lot for me to stop buying Sword trucks. CAW Oh and don't listen to that bluebelly Steve. Talk about "common sense", he ain't got any sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!