DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Old stuff Options · View
luxxx797
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 4:22:35 PM

Groups: Member

today i've found some old machinery.....fortunately the owner let me took pictures

Andrea

Life is for crazy people

Models For Sale

FB
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2018 4:33:40 PM

Great old iron. Love the old Terex scrapers. I hope frusso sees this. Thanks for sharing. CAW
JoeE
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 8:01:27 AM

Yikes, spent a few years running and pushing those green machines.
I'll take the yellow ones any day. Teeth

We rally round the family, with a pocket full of shells.....
Basketball Man
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 7:47:12 PM

Well at least someone is keeping the grass cut down around those machines.

-Ethan
Collection 8/2/2016
For more of the Diorama and my collection: On Facebook or On YouTube
Quinella
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 9:05:54 PM

What CAt dozer is that with the canopy gone? That exhaust setup is something I've not seen. OF course, I'm just a wanna be "dirt guy". But I do know how to fish! CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 11:07:32 PM

Quinella that Cat dozer, the one with out the canopy was a special and very unique one because it was used to push dirt. The reason you have not seen that type of exhaust set up is because when you start and run that machine there is a conjunkulator below the hood and when the exhaust builds up and runs thru the ball bearings into a nylon funnel so it can then go back thru the tri manifold with aluminum widgets where it finally exits thru the modified igloo cooler that has to be filled with ice and is bolted to the lower front right side of the machine just in back of that long and sometimes short yellow and chrome thing that raises and lowers that big piece of metal at the very front of the machine. So you really do not need to put a piece of metal with the hole in it “might actually be a pipe” exiting on top of the hood. Either that or that piece of metal with the hole in it is just not there. I hope I have helped you out so you can become a more knowledgeable “dirt guy”.
Oh yeah and I still do not know how to fish, but my wife is taking me to the Boston Aquarium tomorrow and I believe I should be able to reel in a 15 or 20 pounder. Since you fish should I use live bait or just get my catch at the gift shop.
Stay “dirty” Quinella, I also heard thru the grapevine that those Nelson ramp trailers have a lift on the forward axle, but I’m sure you already knew that.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Friday, August 10, 2018 11:40:56 PM

Oh no, I see what is wrong with my vision. I have no depth perception(really). There is another piece of equipment behind the dozer that has the cab roof showing over the engine of the dozer. That is what I am seeing. Sorry for my ignorance. So smart arse Steve, I still don't know what CAt dozer that is. Is it a D6? I am giving up on trying to figure out all this construction stuff. I wish I had learned early in my life. Matter of fact, I'm seriously thinking of retiring from this hobby, for real this time. I tried to get out back a few years ago, but that stinking Roger Hull pulls you back in. I have four of five other hobbies that require less time and don't make such a mess in my home. Will probably keep a couple dozen trucks, cabovers of course. I'll probably get the "Jones" again though. Maybe I can get back to some fishing. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2018 12:36:19 AM

Craig that exhaust system is actually a cat grader parked next to I don’t know what size dozer because there is no designation where there is supposed to be a designation to reveal what size it is. It may be a 7. As far as retiring from the heavy haul and dirt business I don’t think Chuck or your wife will let you. Chuck depends on you for your vast knowledge about trucks, trailers “as so proved with the Nelson ramp trailer”and equipment plus your purchases. Your wife won’t let you because that means she will have to spend more time with you. Now go to bed and dream about Freightliner and Transtar cab overs and when you wake up you will have a new outlook on diecast. Plus the fact you will never leave your house at 3am to sit on a cold boat seat with live worms for 6 hours and come home empty handed.
Steve out
Exkvate3140
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2018 12:38:18 AM

Plus Craig who will I send my pictures to and get my ideas from.
Steve
max
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2018 1:15:31 AM

WOWWWW!!!!!!
This is awesome!!!!
I really like your pictures and the Terex machines(including the loader) looks still in decent shape!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
luxxx797
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:21:14 PM

Quinella wrote:
What CAt dozer is that with the canopy gone?

It's a D7F

Andrea

Life is for crazy people

Models For Sale

FB
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 4:40:51 PM

Thanks Andrea. I always wondered why NZG, Conrad, Arpra,..etc never made a D7 back in the '90's. CAW