DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CCM D9s and DD9G Options · View
frusso
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 4:48:04 PM

Groups: Member

Mr. Scholz wrote:
Hi Felipe,

one thing I noticed is that the straight pipe exhaust stack on D9G scale models often tends to look too short. I have seen that on high-quality models like RR Models and the same on the CCMs prototype photos alike. So I believe it's something like an optical illusion, because most of the scale models are photographed from a perspective much higher then most photos of actual D9Gs. I think that both producers of scale models got the right dimension/length of the exhaust stack. It just appears to be a tad too short. And maybe that's the reason why the exhaust pipes on the DD9G tend to look better, because they are longer.

I've checked some reference photos from the bookshelve. The simple exhaust stack without rain cap was a option choosen very often on early D9Gs, especially the ones with dual air intakes. Most D9Gs in Germany had the straight pipe with rain cap. I love this little detail, but I bet it is too costly to reproduce such a cap properly (moving) in 1/48 scale. Only the late D9Gs from early 70ies had a real muffler. They had a new setup regarding the turbo charger.

Cheers,
Max

Max, good afternoon!
I agree with you, but in part.

I like the DD9G muffler not because looks bigger, but because it's bent. I just like it! If you see some of my modified models will find many of them.

About the rain cap, it don't need to move. It's piece of cake to them. Look at CCM D10s, D9Hs, D9Ls, D9Ts, all of them have it. It's cheap and easy.

However, after see so many kind of justifications I undertoond that the prototype is not to be changed, it's just to show us what they will produced.

For my own look, the models are great and I can do it for myself at home, and for sure I will!

Cheers,

Felipe Russo
Dex
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 5:44:28 PM

Lol, Frusso, I will build you a brass curved pipe for your D9G.
frusso
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 7:10:56 PM

Dex wrote:
Lol, Frusso, I will build you a brass curved pipe for your D9G.

thank you very much Dex! I will be really happy :d/ :d/ :d/