DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

This guy must live in Rhode Island Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:06:14 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/18/2003
Posts: 1,604
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Look at his description. Is he aware that the diesel engine has been around for over 100 years?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matchbox-Vintage-1956-B-61-MACK-Semi-Tractor-With-COA/292676002389?hash=item4424d96255:g:9OkAAOSw5xJbbbgh
kcmtoys
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:40:38 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/3/2003
Posts: 1,644
Location: Rockford,IL.
Quinella wrote:
Look at his description. Is he aware that the diesel engine has been around for over 100 years?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matchbox-Vintage-1956-B-61-MACK-Semi-Tractor-With-COA/292676002389?hash=item4424d96255:g:9OkAAOSw5xJbbbgh



Steam pipe, that's a good one...d'oh!









https://www.facebook.com/Kcmtoys-904904696294223/
dain555
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:52:43 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/4/2007
Posts: 2,575
Location: Sarasota, Florida, USA
He doesn't even read his COA, it says DINKY on it not Matchbox!!! Matchbox never made any Mack trucks!! The only company that I knew made Mack models was Corgi and First Gear (did not know DINKY did). Corgi Macks were a right hand drive R model too!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 4:54:37 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 390
Craig if that guy lived in RI that would be a DM800, not a B-61. That steam pipe that is on the certificate, maybe that came from that D7 in the “old stuff” post. That is why that guy put the new style exhaust on it, you know the one that looked like a grader cab roof?
I thought you retired?
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 5:15:04 PM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/18/2003
Posts: 1,604
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Exkvate3140 wrote:
Craig if that guy lived in RI that would be a DM800, not a B-61. That steam pipe that is on the certificate, maybe that came from that D7 in the “old stuff” post. That is why that guy put the new style exhaust on it, you know the one that looked like a grader cab roof?
I thought you retired?
Steve


Smart ass. My eyes failed me again. Retiring as we speak. CAW
RFSALES
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 6:14:35 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/27/2006
Posts: 46
Location: HENDERSON NEVADA
At the time these were release both Dinky and Matchbox were owned by Mattel and Mattel issued models under both brands.
There are DINKY models coming out of China today licensed by Mattel to ATLAS.

This is for a model listed below the one Craig is talking about:
Matchbox Collectibles The Texaco 1956 Mack B-61 Tractor Trailer Diecast 1998
Dumper
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:10:31 PM
Rank: Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/27/2004
Posts: 82
Location: east coast
it does say made and sold under MATCHBOX Collectibles,,

AS for steam pipe,,,, i think was a typo and should have been stink pipe lol
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2018 8:45:26 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 390
Craig make sure you keep that 1/25 scale Husky lowbed after your retirement. I’m trying to convince my wife how nice it would look on the living room mantle in between the crystal.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 11:20:45 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/18/2003
Posts: 1,604
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
I just looked at this guy's selling history. He sells trains, so that's probably why he refers to the exhaust as a "steam pipe". Or he lives in N. Scituate, Rhode Island. Them thar boys have inhaled a lot of exhaust fumes.
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 6:11:15 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/13/2012
Posts: 766
Quinella wrote:
I just looked at this guy's selling history. He sells trains, so that's probably why he refers to the exhaust as a "steam pipe". Or he lives in N. Scituate, Rhode Island. Them thar boys have inhaled a lot of exhaust fumes.
I grew up in North Scituate! In fact my profile pic was taken there lol. Small world

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them

Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:48:13 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 390
Craig I heard you have to inhale exhaust fumes before you try fishing, that is why the fish stories are all over 30lbs for minnows that are caught.
Now Craig has 2 enemies in RI.
linkbelt290rb whereabouts in N Scituate, moved here over 20 years ago, grew up in Greenville, and don’t give Craig anymore information about yourself or he will be knocking on your front door wanting to know if you have any diecast construction equipment you don’t want anymore.
Steve
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:51:17 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 390
Sorry for double post, to many exhaust fumes. Once you start you can’t stop
Steve
linkbelt290rb
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 5:43:45 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 3/13/2012
Posts: 766
Exkvate3140 wrote:
Craig I heard you have to inhale exhaust fumes before you try fishing, that is why the fish stories are all over 30lbs for minnows that are caught.
Now Craig has 2 enemies in RI.
linkbelt290rb whereabouts in N Scituate, moved here over 20 years ago, grew up in Greenville, and don’t give Craig anymore information about yourself or he will be knocking on your front door wanting to know if you have any diecast construction equipment you don’t want anymore.
Steve


Danielson pike pretty much next to the fire station. Moved away 6 years ago, in VT now

Nothing runs like a deere with a cat on its back but the link belt ate both of them

Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:26:51 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/6/2015
Posts: 390
linkbelt290rb know that area well, when I was in college I worked for a lumberyard and sold to 4 builders in that area. I live off of Sandybrook rd now which is only minutes away from where you lived. At least you got a lot of practice shoveling snow before you moved to VT.
Steve
max
Posted: Sunday, September 02, 2018 10:09:38 PM
Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/10/2002
Posts: 1,753
Location: out of jail!!
Confused
"1939 Peterbilt B61....."
This guy is totally in the ditch with his Pete.....!!
Max.

Cat 245.....Now and Forever

I am looking for industrial auction brochures from Ritchie Bros, Miller & Miller, Forke Bros, First Team Auction, Max Rouse, etc from the 70's, 80's and 90's.I am a collector and heavy equipment enthusiast and these pamphlets are loaded with nice pictures of cleaned and freshly painted equipment.Thet don't have much value once the sale is over but they are a great help to me in preserving the memory of machines that are no longer being built.Please, help my hobby by looking in your old storage boxes and file folders for these old auction sale brochures.Your help is much appreciated.
brian falcone
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 8:31:48 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/28/2006
Posts: 3,427
Location: rhode island
not sure what living in rhode island has to do with it ....lol
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2018 9:02:54 AM

Rank: Advanced Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/18/2003
Posts: 1,604
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
brian falcone wrote:
not sure what living in rhode island has to do with it ....lol


Brian: It's a little ribbing on exkvate who lives up there. He gives me so much grief, I have to get back at him.!!! Craig
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

SoClean Theme Created by Jaben Cargman (Tiny Gecko)
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.8 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008
Copyright © 2003-2008 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.