DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

WSI Vögele tracked paver Options · View
Paul R
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 12:25:36 PM

Groups: Member

This is an updated model for WSI so I thought I'd post a separate topic.

EDITED based on corrected information.

I received this today and it is quite an impressive model for its size!

Folds down nicely for transport:

Hopper Folds in:

Drivers chair extends out for visibility:

Paver moves up and down:

Paving width can be adjusted:

Makes for a great load also!:

Paul R
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 1:31:46 PM

Very nice model with plenty of detail. Nice purchase.
Steve
Rivera2171
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 2:47:05 PM

Nice model, nice pictures.

šŸ‘
Cranes Etc
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 6:17:20 PM

This is a great paver model. But I don't think it is entirely new as stated. It was first released in 2014 as WSI model 04-1078. The version here has updated corporate branding.

There is also a wheeled version which also has steering on the small wheels.

Both models have an opening engine cover and opening side panels. The operator's console can also be moved from side to side and be placed in front of either seat.

The original review is here for anyone interested: WSI 04-1078 review.

Ian

http://www.CranesEtc.co.uk
http://www.Twitter.com/CranesEtc
http://www.YouTube.com/CranesEtcTV
Cranes Etc on Facebook
Weserhutte
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 6:36:52 PM

Paul R wrote:
Paver moves up and down:

That's the screed...
Paul R
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 7:26:26 PM

Cranes Etc wrote:
This is a great paver model. But I don't think it is entirely new as stated. It was first released in 2014 as WSI model 04-1078. The version here has updated corporate branding.

There is also a wheeled version which also has steering on the small wheels.

Both models have an opening engine cover and opening side panels. The operator's console can also be moved from side to side and be placed in front of either seat.

The original review is here for anyone interested: WSI 04-1078 review.

Ian

Thanks for the clarification. I hadnā€™t seen one before.

Thanks,

Paul R
Paul R
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 7:27:31 PM

Weserhutte wrote:

That's the screed...

Learn something new every day Smile

Paul R
dain555
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:29:41 PM

Yes, I have one I got a couple years ago and it is a good model!!! My other half has it also, got them at the same time.

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:29:34 PM

dain555 seriously your wife collects, my wife thinks Iā€™m nuts. You must have a very happy household, whatā€™s in your China Cabinet;
Diecast or Chinaware?
Steve
dain555
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:10:35 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
dain555 seriously your wife collects, my wife thinks Iā€™m nuts. You must have a very happy household, whatā€™s in your China Cabinet;
Diecast or Chinaware?
Steve

Steve, she has quite a few models, she even has 'N' scale train stuff besides the 1:50 scale models!! We don't have a china cabinet though but if we did she would most likely have her stuff in it!!

I got her interested many years ago, I also told her when we met that I had 2 things near and dear to my heart, first was trains, I worked on one in the USAF and was also interested in model railroading. Second was trucks and construction equipment, I used to love going to work with my brother who worked for the New York State Department of Transportation (he started in materials sampling and ended a Highway engineer). She said that those were cool and that she might even buy me stuff and be in the hobbies as well, well that was 34 years ago!!!

But yes she is special in that we enjoy collecting together!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:34:53 PM

Dain thatā€™s great, you and your wife are definitely living the life.
Steve
dain555
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:15:26 PM

Yes, we try, the last year or so we have been getting some 1:25 scale plastic models to put together, I finally found the ones I had when I was in the USAF. They are of a lowboy, Mack DM600 and a Cat D8H plus we got some other models too like a gravel trailer and some other tractors.

After hurricane Irma hit last year (we live in Florida) and were without power for 4 1/2 days we kind of refocused on a couple issues that arose during the power outage in that of personal and home security and defense. So not only do we each have a .22 caliber varmint rifle but we each have a .243 caliber rifle and we both have concealed carry licenses and now have Sig Sauer .380 caliber pistols to carry. We also have different holsters and have gotten clothes that support concealed carry. Oh we also restocked on MREs that came in handy with no power for something to eat.

Dain

Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2018 4:56:32 PM

Dain so your diecast is well protected along with all your other valuables, thatā€™s good. I got a blue card here in RI to own a gun but my wife refuses to let me get one, she actually tells me I need anger management but I donā€™t. A nice 1/25 scale I use to have was the Mack DM800 I built about four or five of those and they look great when built properly. All the companies are reissueing the original models again and the DM800 is one of them.
Steve
dain555
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 12:10:17 PM

Yes I see that the 800 is out again, along with a couple other tractors and trailers too!! Maybe Santa will bring some under the tree before there gone. We also got 1:25 scale Bobcat equipment for the model trucks just in case we want different loads, we each have the mini excavator and skid steer loaders (1 wheeled and 1 tracked) and all the attachments for the excavator and skid steers.

Yup, our stuff is very well protected and we also have great sights for everything too!! The 2 rifles we each have have scopes with laser sights on them and our Sig Sauers also have a laser sights too!!! Plus if we don't want to make a lot of noise in the apartment we both have 40 caliber blow guns with all kinds of darts to use in them!!!

Dain

Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 2:30:43 PM

Dain I could use your services for this old dude in NC who favors Freightliner COEā€™s over Volvoā€™s. It would not take much to make the the hit because of his age, he canā€™t move very fast. There could be a 1/25 scale model kit of a DM800 in it for you. He is a member of the forum and his handle begins with a Q and ends with an A and as I stated before, very old. He can usually be seen driving around Charlotte in a very low key rainbow colored Smart car with the Mercedes Benz star as a hood ornament; he thinks he is high end.
Thanks Godfather
Steve
dain555
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 7:33:01 PM

Sorry, I don't do contract work as I don't have the proper device, it would require something that has a distance of at least 1.5 miles and makes very little noise. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰ plus I'm vehicle deficient at the moment!!!

Now that that's done, yes my other half does collect 1:50 scale models, one of the acquisitions she has is the Liebherr HS855HD crane in the blue and white colors of Busker. I was lucky to find it as about a month after it was sold out at all my dealers!! She also has paving equipment, pipe laying, dirt moving and some other cranes too as well as dump trucks, lowboy trucks and 2 rotator tow trucks!!

I try to get her something to be able to get me something too so that way I get stuff I want.

Dain

Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, November 30, 2018 8:13:04 PM

Dain if I bought my wife a piece of diecast she would beat me up, thatā€™s great that your wife collects with you though.
Steve