DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Need info Options · View
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 12:35:47 AM

Groups: Member

Gents: Can anyone remember what Conrad truck came with a black Talbert stepdeck trailer? Obviously, the blue stepdeck came with the "Keen" Freightliner COE. I think the black camw with a white fFeightliner COE. The hick in Rhode Island is bugging me about it(as usual). CAW
GuyM
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:21:52 AM

Craig,

As far as I remember in Europe, the Talbert lowloader was sold with numerous tractors: Freightliners (FLD, FLT - like the Keen combination - and Paystar), Macks (mainly DM), Volvos (F12 and "Brazilian" NL12), even a MAN version (in Titschkus livery)...
The white Freightliner was I think a FLT, that was generally paired here with a red lowloader: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/conrad-freightliner-semi-truck-133362676
From the top of my head, the black version of the lowboy was generally pulled by a more powerful Paystar, like this one found for sale on another website: https://jlcranes.com/product/conrad-freightliner-talbert-black/

I hope it helps.
Guy
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:44:52 AM

GuyM wrote:
Craig,

As far as I remember in Europe, the Talbert lowloader was sold with numerous tractors: Freightliners (FLD, FLT - like the Keen combination - and Paystar), Macks (mainly DM), Volvos (F12 and "Brazilian" NL12), even a MAN version (in Titschkus livery)...
The white Freightliner was I think a FLT, that was generally paired here with a red lowloader: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/conrad-freightliner-semi-truck-133362676
From the top of my head, the black version of the lowboy was generally pulled by a more powerful Paystar, like this one found for sale on another website: https://jlcranes.com/product/conrad-freightliner-talbert-black/

I hope it helps.
Guy

Guy: Not the lowboy, but the stepdeck. They came in blue, and black. The blue was with the Keen Freightliner COE. I have a black one and cannot remember which tractor came with it.
GuyM
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:04:10 AM

Craig,

Sorry for my misunderstanding.

In terms of black Talbert dropdeck semi-trailer, I'm only aware of that combination below (ref. 3505) very similar to the Keen version:

All others I think were of different colors, but we shouldn't forget that Conrad may have made special editions for the US.

Regards.
Guy
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 11:46:52 AM

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guy. I was right and the bluebelly didn't know the answer. Har Har. Now Guy, many of us have asked you how many trucks you have. So what is the answer? Craig
GuyM
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 12:42:21 PM

Craig,

That's easy to answer this one as I keep a list updated.

As of 29/05/2019:
- Trucks (tractors, carriers, ...): 1023
- Semi-trailers (conventional, modular, ...): 604
- Loads (equipment, boxes, ...): 431
- Trailers (conventional, modular, dollies, SPMT, ...): 294
- Plant equipment and drilling units (excavators, bulldozers, ...): 268
- Military, fire and rescue vehicles (cars, trucks, armored vehicles, ambulances, fire dept units, ...): 144
- Light vehicles (cars, vans, ...): 125
- Access and lifting units (cranes, wreckers, access baskets, ...): 117
- Railway, forestry and farm units (locos, wagons, tractors, ...): 54
- Personnel transport units (planes, helicopters, passengers wagons, ...): 27

I hope it helps.
Guy

Cat345bl
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:52:30 PM

Factory Combinations (that I am aware of) of the Conrad the Talbert 48' Drop Deck Trailer. Really wish they still made this trailer.

Freightliner COE - White/Black

Freightliner COE - Blue/Blue - Keen

Freightliner COE - White/Black - Dallas Mavis

Freightliner Conventional - Red/Red - Daily Express

Steyr COE - Teal/Teal

Mercedes Actros COE - Blue & Red/Blue & Red - Schmidbauer

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

Quinella
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2019 9:51:36 PM

Great pictures cat345bl. I forgot about the red version and the Dallas Mavis version. Yes, these are great trailers except the are plain Janes. The Tonkin version is kick ass. I am going to customize my Conrad version. Thanks to everyone for the help. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 11:25:15 PM

Q Man I have a great idea for customizing your Conrad step deck, what do you think about tool boxes between the axles and on both the left and right side. Maybe even a real wood deck on it, I have many ideas just call 1-800-RI’S-HICK. Also please don’t get upset with all of the great ideas I come up with because I know you have a hard enough time remembering your name (it’s Craig), you just need someone to produce them for you. Do you think anyone at the Matthews really old folks home could help you, or maybe that farmer you get your sheep from could help you out. You got the number if you need anymore ideas for that step deck.
Always willing to help fro RI