Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NEW AUTOCARS Annoumced Options · View
kcmtoys
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 7:41:32 PM

Groups: Member

89cxsport
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 9:03:58 PM

Excellent news. I am a bit partial to the old Autocars, I helped track one down for a local company a few years ago. They plan to restore it in the near future. This truck is a little bit newer though it is a 1961. It started out life as a single axle road tractor hauling produce then it was converted to a wrecker with a Homles 750 on it. Trans Tech purchased it in 1986 or so and it was their first heavy wrecker. They ran the Holmes unit for a while and then stretched the chassis and installed a 25 ton NRC hydraulic unit on it. They sold the truck in 1994 to collector who never got around to it. We found a photo of the truck in the condition its in online in 2011, starting trying to locate and in 2016 we made contact with the then owner, unfortunately before a deal could be made the owner passed away and we had no other contact info. In early 2017 I got a phone call at work from the owners nephew and we made a deal and brought the truck home. Looks a modeling project may be in the works now.

Flickr Photostream
Exkvate3140
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2019 11:39:35 PM

Ken thanks for the information, that’s great news. Do you think a full case of those will be heading down to NC to some nut bag who is retiring.
Steve
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 12:53:00 PM

Oooh, great news! I always had a weak spot for Autocars. I hope they will do some New York style dump and mier trucks. Like COLONIAL. That would be awesome.

I always wondered why Autocar was never very succesful in Australia. I have seen only 2 photos of an Autocar as an road train tractor, both where in McIver Bros livery, maybe it was even the same truck. Anybody can tell me why?

Cheers,
Max
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 1:37:56 PM

Yes, with my last little pension check, I will buy one or more Autocars. For the "Jerry Howard" version, I think it's a shame to mass produce that magnificent truck. I hope they hold the edition to under 100 pieces. What was the name of that famous one in New Jersey or New York, the one "Little Danny" used to ride in? Was it Brutus? I love that model. Then there is the Rhode Island version, the one that runs on manure. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 1:55:45 PM

Q it will not run on manure anymore because some NY politician is banning cows from doing their thing. I thought you were in your basement working on a fuel from the sheep that you befriend. Does the pension check come from your first employer, because they must spend a fortune mailing it, I’m assuming they still carve it in stone. I agree with you on the Marlbro’s Largecar, or any variation close to that heavy duty monster also you do know Volvo bought them, oh you must because you are a Volvo maniac. The Jerry Howard will rack up some serious carpet mileage in Townhouse County, NC just remember it’s not an automatic Q you have to jam gears.
We can only hope for a DM800 now, I’m getting my hopes up.
Steve gotta go shovel some fuel into my tank now
Barkerjoh
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 6:21:06 PM

Beautiful piece
modelmaniac
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 8:15:11 PM

Wow.That Jerry Howards midnite,is the bees knees!Really good looking truck.Love that wheelbase.Good to see all of them.
admin
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 3:45:51 PM
Groups: Administration

DHS is working out a deal to carry this new line of machines. Keep an eye out for more details.

Thanks.

Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 7:01:37 PM

admin wrote:
DHS is working out a deal to carry this new line of machines. Keep an eye out for more details.

Thanks.

Chuck

Oh great. I tried for 10 years to get you to make one, and now some other outfit is making them. You could have been rich had you listened to me. I bet these will be cheesy unless they ask for my advice. I have so many ideas, you are running out of time Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BAH
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 8:41:44 PM

Are they diecast of resin?
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 10:46:30 PM

Q in Chuck’s defense I don’t think that a rainbow colored Autocar with a gear shifter on the steering column, no clutch and floats on all 3 axles would be a big seller. Except maybe in a townhouse in NC with some scared livestock running around in the backyard that are waiting to be fed because the old man in charge hasn’t woken up from his 7th nap of the day. Plus Q it will give Chuck more time to figure out how to market 3 DM800’s, a tractor, 10 wheel dump with rock body and a 13 cy mixer.
Steve
admin
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 12:28:29 PM
Groups: Administration

These models will be all resin cast just like the Fire Replicas fire truck models. Q, you just behave now!

Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 1:33:46 PM

OK Chuck, last chance. Make a Pete 352 COE with a three axle rear loading lowboy. Then make those DM800s for that gay guy in Rhode Island. If you aren't rich after that, I'll buyout your business and in ten years I'll surpass Amazon in sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And now back to watching reruns of the Saint Louis Blues kicking the Bruins butts all over the ice. CAW
cat20
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 1:02:22 PM

Those trucks look nice.

With Autocar re-entering the conventional market perhaps they will commission a diecast version of the new conventional.

It's a nice looking truck.
JohnGalt
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 1:10:13 PM

admin wrote:

Thanks.

Chuck

Their fire trucks look awesome!
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 10:50:43 PM

Q, really that comment coming from an old man who’s teamed named the Hurricanes was blown out in four straight games and are now trying their luck with Disney On Ice and not doing well with that either. Don’t hate us cause you ain’t us. Also what is with a lowboy trailer, you just stick to a livestock trailer that can handle the many sheep you have on your property and I’m sure they are not there to be sheared baaa plus the fact you still don’t know how to load them with your equipment.
See ya in Ptown
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2019 1:31:18 AM

If it's resin, I don't think I'll get one. Resin seems to be expensive and fragile. Chuck should have done one, or maybe CCM. We need an older model truck badly. CAW
kcmtoys
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2019 1:17:20 PM

I have a Fire Replicas 1954 Autocar Chicago Fire Dept. Rescue Squad. A very good friend of mine's father was an engineer on one of these Autocars. These are resin with metal parts, and are fragile. It comes with a display case, and I left mine mounted to the bottom of the case. I changed the number on a couple for my friend and myself. There are so many small parts, it took me quite a while to do that and not break anything. These are museum quality models.

Autocar CFD 1 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Autocar CFD 2 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Autocar CFD 4 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>

Autocar CFD 5 by Ken Wheeler, on Flickr"/>
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, June 06, 2019 10:18:58 PM

Ken that’s a very nice model and it looks have fantastic detail like you said, how old is that model and thanks for posting those pictures.
Steve