DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Kress Carriers in HO scale Options · View
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 2:58:49 PM
Groups: Member

It's been a long while since posting on the forum. I'd like to share my most recent modeling but I can't post pictures from this device.

I did make videos of my models but DHS frowns on YouTube links.Its easier for me to make videos than trying to post on DHS. Try searching for HO steel mill modeling on youtube or Kress carrier as keyword. Dunno if that'll work.

Anyhow, I'm building another HO scale steel mill layout . The past two years has been spent scratch building & kitbashing heavy mill equipment. Finished up a Kress SC-400T slab carrier,Kress LE-320C scrap box carrier and Imagineered version Kress scrap box carrier. Used Kibri & Boley quarry trucks bashing them into high volume dump trucks. Four different wheeled & crawler material handlers. The list goes on...

Visited Google Patents for Ralph P Anderson Slag Pot Gantry Crane. That build took six months to build in HO. Google Patents is very useful for finding interesting things to build.

I'd like to share but can't.

I don't care about getting subscribers on my YouTube channel just sharing my steel modeling. How can I do it ?

Patrick

“A tiger doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep.” ― Shahir Zag

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

Mr. Scholz
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 3:34:14 PM

Yeah, Patrick is back!!

Great to hear from you. You did a Kress Straddle? Hmm, love these machines. They would fit as a prop for an sci-fi movie like Aliens or so, they look pretty cool. Nice you did it.
You can post the link to your videos. Have used the link-sharing icons befor? It's the one with a green globe and 3 links of track.

If you like, I can post the links for you. Have never seen an embedded video in a post here, though.

(I had a sneak preview. That P Anderson crane is insane.)

Cheers,

Max
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2019 4:22:07 PM

[quote=Mr. Scholz]Yeah, Patrick is back!!

Great to hear from you. You did a Kress Straddle? Hmm, love these machines. They would fit as a prop for an sci-fi movie like Aliens or so, they look pretty cool. Nice you did it.
You can post the link to your videos. Have used the link-sharing icons befor? It's the one with a green globe and 3 links of track.

If you like, I can post the links for you. Have never seen an embedded video in a post here, though.

(I had a sneak preview. That P Anderson crane is insane.)

Cheers,

Max
[/quo]

Greetings Max,

Thank you for the link offer but DHS will delete this post if doing so. They frown on links from YouTube or other websites none related.

Thanks for the kind words on the Anderson crane. It was super fun to build after figuring out how to do it & what to use. The Kress SC-400T Slab Carrier wasn't the straddle type but an early version. The straddle type is already available in HO as a 3D printed one. Expensive model and out of my budget. Trying to scratch build a Kress straddle carrier would be to hard for my skills. That's why I settled on the SC-400T.

Still working on a HO Liebherr 974B wheeled material handler. Three years working on that model,it still isn't finished.

Patrick

" An educated mind learns from his mistakes and corrects them. A dolt, on the other hand, lashes out and continues showing his ignorance."
-Unknown

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”― Arthur C. Clarke

"Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists" - Nikola Tesla

" If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur ". Paul Neal "Red" Adair {Wild Well Firefighter for those who live under rocks}

dain555
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 10:44:17 AM

Welcome back Patrick!!!

Also I don't think that a YouTube video is prohibited as you are not selling anything and others have posted videos showing models and real machines!! The only thing that the powers that be here don't want posted is links to websites like Ebay for the sales of models or some of the Facebook groups that do the same.

But glad to see you again and posting!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
FiatAllisHD41
Posted: Monday, June 03, 2019 12:04:34 PM

dain555 wrote:
Welcome back Patrick!!!

Also I don't think that a YouTube video is prohibited as you are not selling anything and others have posted videos showing models and real machines!! The only thing that the powers that be here don't want posted is links to websites like Ebay for the sales of models or some of the Facebook groups that do the same.

But glad to see you again and posting!!!

Hi Dain,

Gotta figure out how to link my YouTube channel. It's way easier for me than trying post on DHS.

Patrick

-Unknown

admin
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 12:31:29 PM
Groups: Administration

Patrick,

We don't mind links to anywhere - as long as it doesn't send people directly to our competitors. I think that makes sense for us.

Please feel free to link away.

Chuck
dain555
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 3:34:25 PM

admin wrote:
Patrick,

We don't mind links to anywhere - as long as it doesn't send people directly to our competitors. I think that makes sense for us.

Please feel free to link away.

Chuck

That's great to know Chuck, when I link to other places it is usually for stuff like bolts and nuts that are used for replacing the plastic pins in the crane models!! I wouldn't put links to any other dealer on this site because Chuck is about the only good dealer around these days!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 9:43:31 PM

That is how it should be. Thanks Dain. One should not be placing anything on here that is in competition to DHS, it is unfair on an organisation who provide what they do, it is also extremely rude and unfair to our provider of this site.
Hurry up with the Carrier clip Fiat, I am waiting with bated breath.