DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Consensus on value of CCM 657B 666 coal bowl scraper? Options · View
Dex
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:14:07 PM

Groups: Member

I'm considering adding a CCM 657B 666 coal bowl scraper to my collection. I have seen them online for prices ranging from 379.00 (msrp) w/free shipping to 380.00 from various ebayers. My suspension is they are not highly sought after and may not hold a great resale value should I choose to rotate my collection. Thoughts?
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:48:11 PM

Dex if you like buy it, unless you look to resale rather than enjoyment of the piece. Everybody in this hobby has their own reasons for their decisions on what pieces to purchase, good luck with your decision because they are not inexpensive models.
Steve
codydanos
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:49:33 PM

I didn’t buy the coal version when it first came out, and I never will. Even though I only have a few models these days, I’ve bought a lot of models second hand. Personally, I don’t like one-off or specialty versions( like coal versions). I don’t think those specialty or odd versions sell very good new or used. There’s just not that many guys who can relate to a version of a machine that was made in really small numbers. I guess it’s Kinda like the 660 coal dumper and the 666 coal scraper they’re making. There COOL, yes, but the real machines are really rare and kinda odd balls, so I don’t think theres many that can relate or have any connection with that model of machine.
Just my opinion for the perspective of a second hand buyer.
Dex
Posted: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:57:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback, those are very true words, Steve. Most of the peices I buy are lifers in my collection, but once in a while I see a peice that I figure I may want to rotate out either for space or to free up funds for future models.
Brad
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 11:58:27 AM

I guess for me , if they wanted to do “another” 660 or triple 6 I would rather they do a regular scraper with a cab / canopy. And maybe add side boards. I am not a fan of all these “different” variations..