DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Berliet TB15 lowboy Options · View
RFSALES
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2020 6:06:22 PM
Groups: Member

I like heavy duty Berliet trucks and found this TB 15 with lowboy. It is an 1/43 scale IXO model with lowboy trailer.
Please excuse the photo I borrowed the photo, I could not get a good wide angle shot.

Quinella
Posted: Sunday, January 05, 2020 8:39:00 PM

Hey Roy: I like the truck, not the colors though. The Berliet is a mean looking, heavy duty conventional. Nice find. CAW
GuyM
Posted: Monday, January 06, 2020 5:19:37 AM

Gents,

The model is a Millon combination - a heavy haulage company located near Lyon (France) - made of a Berliet TBO15 M3 6x4/2 tractor towing a "Kaiser" 4-axle lowboy.

I have 2 minor problems with this combination:
- Millon had several civilian Berliet TBO15 units in their fleet, but this one is based on a French Army tank transporter model (dual winches at rear...), which they never run,
- even if its goose neck is representative of a Kaiser unit, I don't think that this French fabricator ever used it for any 4-axle lowloader but only with heavier 2- or 3-line units.

Except for these (minor) details, I must admit that Ixo made there a pretty good model.

For completeness, one of the Millon TBOs:

The TBO15 M3 French Army version:

The Kaiser 3-line lowboy with an older Berliet TBO version:

I hope this helps.
Guy
Mr. Scholz
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2020 3:54:54 PM

Quinella wrote:
Hey Roy: I like the truck, not the colors though. The Berliet is a mean looking, heavy duty conventional. Nice find. CAW

So Quinella, what do you think about these colors? Saw this petrol Berliet TB15 with black chassis many years ago in 2008 on one of the wonderful oldtimer truck meets in the proince of Elsace. The lettering on the doors was hand made as I was told, no plotted 3M foil like many use today.

Berliet PZM gesamt by FatCatGotHot

In the US we have Oshkosh or Mack, in France Berliet and Willeme and in Germany Kaelble and Faun. Nice to see the international side of our hobby, love it.

Prost Neues,
Max
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, January 08, 2020 2:29:52 AM

Mr. Scholz, Q prefers an array of colors which we call the rainbow 🌈 of colors. Many of his 6” heels 👠 have the many different colors of the rainbow. He is also very partial to the white sheep color which is another story for another day.
The colors of the truck you pictured are very cool.
Steve