Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Diecast Masters Kenworth Options · View
hulan
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2020 7:02:05 PM

Groups: Member

Cat22Fan
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 1:59:48 PM

Here is a pic of the latest flyer from Diecast Masters that was posted on 1/21/2020 on their Facebook site.

As you can see the cement truck is in the new Western Star 4900 series, also check it out. They are going to be releasing Peterbilt's as well. Maybe this opens the door for some 567's, 389's hopefully.

Also here are a couple of pics from a show they had posted on their Facebook site as well from last year of the Western Star 4900's.

Credit goes to Diecast Masters and their Facebook page. Thank you Diecast Masters for releasing these new trucks in your popular Transport series!!
brian falcone
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 8:35:50 PM

Any info on the haul trucks on the bottom shelf in the last photo? Looks to be some vintage trucks on the left side
modelmaniac
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2020 10:18:12 PM

Like the look of the Western star.Nice,imposing lines.It looks like a heavy duty tractor in that cabinet pic.
3406E
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:18:11 AM

I wonder how well the frame of these T880s will match up with the cab of the Norscot T800. These might be a cheaper alternative to using a FG T880 as a donor.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
Weserhutte
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:56:55 AM

brian falcone wrote:
Any info on the haul trucks on the bottom shelf in the last photo? Looks to be some vintage trucks on the left side

Those are prototypes of the upcoming Belaz 7547 dump, 7447 tow, and 7647 water tanker.
hulan
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2020 8:14:25 PM

3406E wrote:
I wonder how well the frame of these T880s will match up with the cab of the Norscot T800. These might be a cheaper alternative to using a FG T880 as a donor.

I’m hoping the overall quality will be better than First Gear. My First Gear Mack Granite and Talbert went in the garbage a few weeks ago. The entire model literally crumbled in my hands. I couldn’t believe it. My models are put on display in a cabinet and only ever handled when dusted. The trailer had a huge bow in it - so significant that the trailer axles rose up off the shelf. The deck of the trailer crumbled. On the tractor, both doors and the hood crumbled. Unreal.

3406E
Posted: Friday, January 24, 2020 2:05:31 AM

That sounds like a case of zinc rot. I wonder if there was a bad batch of models from that particular production run? It really sucks when something like that happens. I have a FG Pete dump truck with the tag trailer that's a good six years old and I haven't had any problems with, and it has been handled.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
ITmachine
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 12:35:29 AM

3406E wrote:
That sounds like a case of zinc rot. I wonder if there was a bad batch of models from that particular production run? It really sucks when something like that happens. I have a FG Pete dump truck with the tag trailer that's a good six years old and I haven't had any problems with, and it has been handled.

It's showing up in the First Gear AC HD-41s too. That's a pretty expensive model to open up and find in pieces.
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:14:17 AM

ITmachine wrote:
3406E wrote:

It's showing up in the First Gear AC HD-41s too. That's a pretty expensive model to open up and find in pieces.

Oh my word, that is one beautiful model. I sold mine a couple years back, so I guess I'm glad. I guess the manufacturers are putting out cheaper models to make more dough. Too bad. Buy Conrad!!!! CAW
RMS Models
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:58:34 PM

It is not a case of cheaper models, it is impurities in the material going into the mold. This can happen to any casting with lack of quality control regarding the material.
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2020 6:51:08 PM

RMS Models wrote:
It is not a case of cheaper models, it is impurities in the material going into the mold. This can happen to any casting with lack of quality control regarding the material.
Well Randy old buddy, if the impurities in the materials going into the molds, and the quality control is lacking, resulting in the production of a less than higher quality product, the end result is a cheaper(quality) model. Given that these recent incidents of zinc rot, as reported on the Forum as having come from WSI models and First Gear models, it seems to me that the manufacturer, which resides in China, is lacking in their quality control(your words). The end result is poor quality/cheaper models(my words). Further, as this hobby has evolved in the last 30 years, the emphasis of the producers, as requested by the end users, has been the desire for more detail. Therefore, we got our detail with all the plastic that could be found, and the end result is poor quality models, utilizing cheaper materials, cheaper labor, cheaper manufacturing costs, yet much higher prices. And we are hearing nightmare stories about CCM now. Is that also the result of impurities?. CAW
Weserhutte
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 9:41:11 AM

Quinella wrote:
And we are hearing nightmare stories about CCM now.CAW

What nightmare stories??? Elaborate...
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 11:56:35 AM

Weserhutte wrote:
Quinella wrote:
And we are hearing nightmare stories about CCM now.CAW

What nightmare stories??? Elaborate...

I was referring to the latest post regarding the "CCM Caterpillar PR 660 with Athey" posted on December 28th. It was yet another post regarding the quality of the CCM models. Recall how bad the first run of CAT D9G's were? ...etc
Cat22Fan
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:01:54 PM

Here you go guys. Here are some new Diecast Transport Series Trucks from Diecast Masters at the Toy Fair in Germany today. Notice, Kenworth T880's, Western Star 4900's and Peterbilit 567's in dump trucks and Cement Trucks!!! Finally, Finally someone is coming out with the Pete 567 set forward axle dump truck.

Credit for the pics goes to Catmodels.com Facebook page.
Weserhutte
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 8:33:09 PM

Quinella wrote:
I was referring to the latest post regarding the "CCM Caterpillar PR 660 with Athey" posted on December 28th. It was yet another post regarding the quality of the CCM models. Recall how bad the first run of CAT D9G's were? ...etc

Yeah, with a few exceptions CCM has produced some !!!!e models.

Getting back to the issue of zinc pest/rot, you wrote: "Buy Conrad!" Conrad is not exempt from this! Here is one example.

GCK3
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:31:49 PM

Ah, my dream comes true, in orange. Was thinking they may only do the 4900SF, but there's the SB too. Looks awesome, thanks for posting.
Quinella
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:32:20 PM

Weserhutte wrote:
Quinella wrote:

Yeah, with a few exceptions CCM has produced some !!!!e models.

Getting back to the issue of zinc pest/rot, you wrote: "Buy Conrad!" Conrad is not exempt from this! Here is one example.

Excellent point Weserhutte. My position slants more toward "cheaper" models because of "overseas" manufacturing...ie.. China. 30 years ago up to the early 2000's maybe, models were made in Europe and the US. Sure, they didn't have the detail, but they were, in my opinion, better quality models. Germany, Spain, France, Great Britain, Brazil, Italy, made great models. They are still around. Lacking detail, they still look great. If you wanted more detail, you could customize them. I just hate plastic parts so much. Other than the frame and the body, most parts come in plastic. And the prices are sky high, higher than inflation. I will never pay $125.00 or more for a First Gear truck and lowboy, or a Tonkin combo. I'm just a stubborn old man I guess. CAW
Exkvate3140
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2020 3:58:19 PM

Q in no way do you ever have to guess about your being old, didn’t you have a pet dinosaur 🦕
Staying young in R.I.