DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

From the same genius company that gives us the LTM 1750, comes a dumb as !!!! mistakes!! Options · View
wildpig1234
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:21:44 AM
Groups: Member

So i got WSI Tadano ATF 400 and the luffing jib kit today. To my horror, the small sections and the jib head wont fit onto the top of the boom.

The only way to fit the jib head extension is by putting it on in an offset way. The included screws are long enough that it will work...lol. The jib sections are made of plastic and they will break if you try to push it wider to fit. also doing that will prevent it from fitting into the other lattice jib section

This is an actual configuration shown in Tadano manual. It's most likely a HUGE oversight when WSI made the jib set. They only make sure to have the base of the luffing jib fits the boom top (which it does), but the other configuration is straight lattice extension that you should be able to fit the
jib head on top of the main boom and WSI never bother to check that they suppose to make the interface at the bottom of the base of the jib head and intermediate section to be just a tad wider to also fit on top of the boom without needing the luffing base.

Gawdd.... WTF WSI?

So there was quality issues with the wsi ltm 1350 jib also. Not sure why they had such a hard time making jib kits....

See pictures here

craneman13
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 9:45:48 AM

looks to me that a small amount of filing would solve the issue. just looks like paint is too thick. not that big of an issue.
Jack.
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:18:22 PM

I’m no expert on the Tadano but I’m pretty sure you can’t just put the cathead of the luffer straight onto the cathead of the tele boom. There will be (in real life at least) an adapter for fixed fly. Weather or not WSI included that in the kit I don’t know.

Edit : See page 16 - item 9

Heavy Cranes
wildpig1234
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 4:45:05 PM

Jack. wrote:
I’m no expert on the Tadano but I’m pretty sure you can’t just put the cathead of the luffer straight onto the cathead of the tele boom. There will be (in real life at least) an adapter for fixed fly. Weather or not WSI included that in the kit I don’t know.

Edit : See page 16 - item 9

The configuration I am talking bout is on page 4 of that manual where you have just a simple straight lattice jib attachment. As you can see there, there is no adapter head.

craneman, filing won't work... It's not thick paint. There is about at least 2 mm of thickness that you would have to take away for the entire screw attachment on the boom head. You could also file some of the plastic but i dont want to take much of the plastic away.

The point is that wsi screwed this up. kinda upsetting also because half of the lattice sections are actually made of PLASTIC.

Given their history of screwing up also on the 1350 jib and now this jib.. you can't blame me for having a little doubt if they will make the 1750 jib. Although i guess we can say these jib kits were designed years ago and hopefully they are now much better company and have learned?