DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CCM Brass D11R 1:24th scale Options · View
Paul R
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 1:28:09 PM

Groups: Member

I have had this from new since about 2001. It cost about $3495 if I remember right and was back when CCM produced museum quality models. I never really took many photos of it so over the weekend, I decided to right that wrong:

Last photo is compared to a 1:50 D11R CD:

Davie82
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 1:56:05 PM

Great job on the photos Paul - seamless white always makes things look good! And that model is killer. What a beauty.
JohnGalt
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 3:18:18 PM

What a nice surprise! I didn't know you were a closet dirt guy. This model was pretty spectacular, and your photos really highlight the detail. Thanks for sharing these! Are you going to do some more sets with all of the access doors open?
Dave
Paul R
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 3:38:09 PM

JohnGalt wrote:
Are you going to do some more sets with all of the access doors open?
Dave

Yes I may do that at a later date.

Paul R
Uzair
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2020 11:24:39 PM

That's a stunning beauty of a model! Applause Thank you for sharing it Paul Smile I can only imagine that use of brass allows much finer parts and tolerances than traditional diecast and hence why this model is so sharp looking.

Bit of a shame that CCM's diecast lineup seems to have gone down in quality. I wonder if the quality of their current brass models (both 1:24 and 1:87) is as good as the D11R you have Paul.
admin
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 7:22:22 PM
Groups: Administration

Just a small side-note... DHS has one for sale at the moment and another in the works coming from Nick Russo. The Russo models is brand new and never opened!

Paul - didn't know you had dirt stuff either!

Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 9:23:16 PM

admin wrote:
Just a small side-note... DHS has one for sale at the moment and another in the works coming from Nick Russo. The Russo models is brand new and never opened!

Chuck

Great news Chuckie. Is it going to be in the $3500.00 range? Colonel
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 10:21:41 PM

Q just send Chuck a blank check for him to fill in, you know he will treat you right. He may even throw a blonde toupee in the box for you, and it is not for protecting the model it’s for your bald fivehead.
Steve
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2020 11:24:38 PM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
Q just send Chuck a blank check for him to fill in, you know he will treat you right. He may even throw a blonde toupee in the box for you, and it is not for protecting the model it’s for your bald fivehead.
Steve

Well if it isn't Winky Dink raising his head again! Such a nasty diatribe. You wife kick your axx again? Back to the basement and your Barbie Dolls.
Paul R
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 5:35:27 AM

admin wrote:

Chuck

Hi Chuck,
Well if you dig deep, you might remember several years ago I bought the CCM 1:24 Brass D8T at the DHS auction! I have sadly (foolishly) since sold it on as someone made a ridiculous offer.

I don't really collector dirt stuff but I seem to have acquired rather a lot as loads for my heavy haulage trucks! I can count about 15 excavators and a couple of ADT's from my office chair Teeth Ranging from a Doosan DX160W to the R966! There is another 3 EC950's kicking around somewhere, 2 Hitachi ZX870's, 3 Liebherr R970's and several CAT's ranging from the 320F to a 374D.

Thanks,

Paul
Exkvate3140
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:29:17 PM

Q I did not know a word like diatribe was in the Webster Hillbilly Dictionary, well wonders never cease.
Steve
admin
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2020 7:55:15 PM

Hard to get a word in edgewise with these pranksters...

Paul - I did forget about that!! But now I remember. This month is DHS's 21st year in business. I am really getting old!

Chuck
Paul R
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 4:56:01 AM

admin wrote:
Hard to get a word in edgewise with these pranksters...

Paul - I did forget about that!! But now I remember. This month is DHS's 21st year in business. I am really getting old!

Chuck

Wow, 21 years! Congratulations for that achievement. How long have the Open Houses been running now? I think I came to the first one and then one a few years later with BobM, Zach and Jules. That was one hell of a road trip!

Cheers,

Paul R
admin
Posted: Friday, May 01, 2020 11:48:18 AM

We have hosted 20 Open House Shows in the 21 years in business (missed one in year one!).

It is amazing to look back on all that history.

We are still hoping to host our show this year - but things are not looking good! We will still hold an auction but waiting to see if we are allowed to host a show at the end of July!

Thanks for all the years of support from you and all of our customers!

Chuck
Bostonian79
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2020 5:40:05 PM

Paul R awesome 1/24 Scale Brass D11R you got Man Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Classic Construction Models did a perfect job on that Model when they made them to bad for me Brass Models are way to expensive for me
gabugman
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2020 11:54:41 PM

A fabulous model and great pix Paul. When will the weathered pics be coming?!

Bug

ITW Security
Gregg
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 1:11:08 AM

I am not trying to nitpick, it is an awesome model. But I am curious, is it just me or do the lines going to the various hydraulic units look very small. I am not a good judge of what is to scale on these toys. Thanks,
Gregg
Paul R
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 4:37:38 AM

Bostonian79 wrote:
Paul R awesome 1/24 Scale Brass D11R you got Man Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Classic Construction Models did a perfect job on that Model when they made them to bad for me Brass Models are way to expensive for me

Normally they were too and still are too expensive for me, but the stars aligned when I bought this so I couldn't refuse!

gabugman wrote:

Bug

Eeerrmm, that would be never! LOL

Gregg wrote:
I am not trying to nitpick, it is an awesome model. But I am curious, is it just me or do the lines going to the various hydraulic units look very small. I am not a good judge of what is to scale on these toys. Thanks,
Gregg

They are small, but then it is also a big machine so I am not sure that they are that far out. Normally it is the opposite on a scale model in that the hydraulic lines and rails etc.. are too big.

Paul R
Gregg
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2020 7:05:35 PM

Paul R wrote:
Bostonian79 wrote:

Normally they were too and still are too expensive for me, but the stars aligned when I bought this so I couldn't refuse!

gabugman wrote:

Bug

Eeerrmm, that would be never! LOL

Gregg wrote:
Gregg

They are small, but then it is also a big machine so I am not sure that they are that far out. Normally it is the opposite on a scale model in that the hydraulic lines and rails etc.. are too big.

Paul R

Thanks Paul for your response. I guess if I google the real deal I can get a better idea also.
Gregg
RMS Models
Posted: Saturday, May 09, 2020 12:14:27 PM

Have to remember most hydraulic lines on the 1:48 scale models we collect are not realistic in size. For this 1:24 scale Caterpillar D11 a 2 inch O.D. hydraulic line in 1:24 scale would be 1.3/16 of an inch.