DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Open House and Auction 2020 Options · View
admin
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2020 3:20:13 PM
Groups: Administration

Hello all,

We have made the final decision to cancel the 21st annual DHS Open House scheduled for the end of July this year. Based on everything else going on and the situation in Ohio right now it seems like the prudent thing to do. Many of you don't think I know what the word "Prudent" means but I am using it correctly (I think).

We are still planning on forging ahead with the Saturday Auction part of the weekend and that auction will be online for sure and may very well be available to attend live as well. We are working on the details now. You should see an auction list available before the end of June for the scheduled auction on Saturday, July 25th.

Our plans at the moment include the Annual DHS Auction in the morning and then a mini Open House afterward on the same afternoon. As mentioned, we are working out all the details, but you can place the auction on your calendar as it should be a very good one this year!

Also mark the DHS Open House for 2021 which is always the last full weekend of July!

Thanks and we hope to see you at the auction!

Chuck
cranedude07
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2020 3:25:01 AM

Groups: Member

I was just thinking about the open house today, and was going to make a post earlier but forgot to. Was looking forward to going again.
What crazy times we live in at the moment 😞
Hope everything is back to normal next year.

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Jon S
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2020 12:10:13 PM

I'm hoping for the best, especially since I missed last years auction and open house due to being sick. The past few years I have enjoyed coming to the events. It was always a nice extended weekend trip.
admin
Posted: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 1:47:06 PM

Hi guys,

The Ohio Governor has extended the rule that only groups of 10 or more can gather through the 1st of July here. We are still hoping to be able to have a live auction!

We will keep you informed!

Chuck
admin
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:30:28 PM

Hello all,

We are telling you Forum Members in advance of our email blast and facebook post...

The 2020 DHS Summer Auction is scheduled for Saturday, July 25th 2020. Beginning at 10:00 am EST we will auction off almost 400 items. The list looks very good this year!

The only catch is that we will be doing it all virtually! That's right - the 2020 DHS Summer Auction will only be available online and via placing pre-bids. Because of the current virus situation in the State of Ohio, we want to protect our customers the best that we can! We will not be hosting a "Live" auction this year but we are still hosting a "Virtual Auction"!

If you cannot bid online during the auction, you can place a pre-bid online. The auction system will automatically start your bidding at the lowest number and quit when it reaches your maximum bid.

If you don't want to bid online, you are also welcome to contact DHS and place manual pre-bids up until 5pm EST the evening before the auction! We will then place the bids for you during the auction process on Saturday.

We want to make sure that everyone has an opportunity to bid this year!

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks - Chuck and the Gang.

The auction list will be posted on or before this Friday, July 3rd!
CAT 450E
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 3:20:42 PM

Hi Chuck -

Unfortunate news but understandable. Do you know if online bidding fees will be waived since virtual bidding is the only option this year?

Regards
Matt
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2020 7:17:51 PM

CAT 450E wrote:
Hi Chuck -

Unfortunate news but understandable. Do you know if online bidding fees will be waived since virtual bidding is the only option this year?

Regards
Matt

Yeah that 18% is a little steep not to mention the shipping on top of it. Hoping that itll be at least cut in half.
admin
Posted: Thursday, July 02, 2020 7:01:34 PM

This summer auction is a live virtual auction - you can bid live online during the auction itself. The only difference is that you cannot come to DHS for the auction.... nobody will be here. I want to make sure I am explaining this correctly!

We can all blame Covid for making the auction a little more expensive for those who would normally be in our shop for the day. And the people who normally bid online will be happy because the playing field will be even this year!

The 18% premium is very normal and we have not changed our costs since we started doing auctions 15 years ago! This is a fee required to pay the online auction company for the privledge of using their software to bid online. Neither the auctioneer nor DHS gets any of that money!

The auction list is complete and will be posted tomorrow - hope you have a chance to bid!

Please contact us if you have any questions! Thanks!

Chuck
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Monday, July 06, 2020 11:15:29 PM

The shipping charges...good grief. Not to mention the 18% on top of that...think I'll pass.
Alberta Millwright
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 5:25:09 AM

Add in being a Canadian collector with that massive exchange rate and you get really expensive.

A Millwright..... in Alberta.
admin
Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2020 1:12:20 PM

Thanks for all the support guys!

We are doing the best we can here - really wanted to have a live bid auction but just can't make it happen this year!

Take a look at the models in the auction!

Chuck
admin
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 3:39:40 PM

We just added 12 more models to the auction - photos should be up soon.

Take a look!

Chuck
admin
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2020 2:17:38 PM

Hello all!

The auction is this Saturday - if you have not signed up - please do - you can reach it from our front page!

Thanks.
Jon S
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2020 12:08:18 PM

I'm going to miss the onsite interaction at the auction today.