DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Anyone recall the CMM Pantera or Ranger track drill 1:50 scale ? Options · View
mkdco
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2020 9:38:39 PM

Groups: Member

Anyone recall CMM, Looking for old photos of past models no longer made , Thanks Mike
TBM
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 4:53:38 AM

Hello Mike

I have some of them :

The Tamrock Pantera rock drill, the Tamrock Toro underground wheel loader, the Tamrock rock drill for tunneling and the MBT shot - crete Truck ( on Mercedes Benz chassis )

If you have me a mail - address I could make some pics for you.....

Best regards

Manfred

tunneling forever
mkdco
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2020 11:11:33 AM

PM sent , Thank you Manfred
digggerr
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:48:02 PM

mkdco
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2020 7:59:53 PM

Thank you Digger
admin
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 1:08:44 PM
Groups: Administration

Just saying...

Tamrock Drill in Auction

We have it listed as coming from HIMOBO. Is that incorrect??

Thanks.

Chuck
mkdco
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 5:44:15 PM

I am pretty sure it was cmm-schwerlast now it may have been an early Himobo model not sure ,but this was put out by CMM
digggerr
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 9:19:10 AM

admin wrote:
We have it listed as coming from HIMOBO. Is that incorrect??

Good Lord man,

Just read the label on the box!?

mkdco
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 2:27:04 PM

Speaking of other incredible Tamrock Drill scale models , Platypus industries built a 1:50 scale highly detailed Tamrock DHA 1000 besides many others, I remember this model about 20 years ago, stunning detail
admin
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 2:42:39 PM
Groups: Administration

OK Diggerrrr - we will correct it.

No need to get all pompous about it...

Made one error in 444 pieces.

Jeeez.

Chuck
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 3:23:27 PM

Is that the only pic of that Platypus DHA?Shame you cannot see the side.Looks really good,love that hosing.
mkdco
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 4:36:04 PM

Modelmaniac :Here is a few more photos these photos are from another admired web site as is DHS and not mine hope there is no conflict here in posting them.

I love Diggers passion and knowledge always a huge help , solid collector who have background and history in their veins on actual and scale machines ; )
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 5:36:14 PM

WOAH!Applause I have just picked my jaw up off the floor!You are right,truly stunning.
Quinella
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 6:00:02 PM

Good Heavens Mikee: I'll go in halvesies with you if you can buy that one. That is one heck of a model. The detail is way beyond the norm. CAW
mkdco
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 8:06:43 PM

Q this is a little out of my league and will cost around 11,000 Euro although I considered it seriously, I did ask my wife and what she thought about this possible transaction and was hit with a shoe , so there is that Teeth
digggerr
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 8:47:52 PM

mkdco wrote:
Speaking of other incredible Tamrock Drill scale models , Platypus industries built a 1:50 scale highly detailed Tamrock DHA 1000 besides many others, I remember this model about 20 years ago, stunning detail

I haven't thought about Terry Platts in years, so thanks for sparking up a great memory!

This Zoomtrak drill is the most intricate piece he ever created that I am aware of. If you think you can see a lot of detail in these photos, you should see inside the operator's cab and underneath the bodywork. Back in the day when people wrote and sent letters, he sent me a large envelope full of photographs of this and his other models. Staying on topic, this model had every single pedal, lever, switch, gauge, etc. perfectly detailed in the cab. And under the shrouds, nothing was spared either. All the pumps, the compressor, fuel/hydraulic fluid tanks, batteries, electrical wiring harnesses, etc. were 'perfect'. The engine itself was made up of several different components such as the block, fan, radiator, coolant hoses, exhaust/intake manifolds, air cleaner assembly, and so on. They were all separate hand-fabricated brass pieces with very little other media used. If my memory is correct, he did make a pattern/jig to allow the crawler shoes to be uniform.

It simply boggles my mind to think of the manhours of work that went into this piece. I find Herr Petscheny's price for Rainer's model 'optimistic' but the model was hugely expensive ~25 years ago.

I was seriously considering buying one of his Unit Rig MT-3700s (the least expensive model he was producing at the time) but he was apprehensive about shipping the model. And as it turned out, he was right as he tried sending one of his Euclid R-260s to Austria and it arrived in pieces. We agreed to meet at the next bauma with him carrying the model as his "personal item" from the UK to Germany and I would bring it home from there the same way but not long after that he stopped answering correspondence and I don't know what happened to him.

Do you know? Does anybody?
digggerr
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 9:40:52 PM

admin wrote:
OK Diggerrrr - we will correct it.

No need to get all pompous about it...

Made one error in 444 pieces.

Jeeez.

Chuck

It has no impact on me one way or another whether you correct it or not; it's your game show...um,er; auction.

So; stating facts and providing evidence from your own auction listing confirming my statement makes me "pompous"? I can only respond by saying I see no need for you to attempt to be sanctimonious about it... The truth just is.

"Made one error in 444 pieces" is an amusing statement to make. The other day when I started going through the listings, just for !!!!s and giggles I began jotting down hash marks when I saw mistakes and errors in the listings. I just looked at that piece of paper and had made 14 marks before being interrupted by my phone before making it through all the lots so there may be even more.

digggerr
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 9:49:19 PM

mkdco wrote:
I love Diggers passion and knowledge always a huge help , solid collector who have background and history in their veins on actual and scale machines ; )

Thanks for the kind words. This hobby has been a big part of my life.

BTW; it was really nice to see your LŌDRIL project finally reach series production! Congrats man!!!
modelmaniac
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 9:54:41 PM

Do you know if he worked from paperwork,(pics,tech drawings etc)or did he actually own,or drive the 1/1 machine?As that sort of detail requires extensive knowledge.Would love to see that interior.Just the description of the engine,has me drooling!Teeth
mkdco
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2020 10:04:20 PM

Thank you Digger , The fact is I pushed Bayshore for it to be created and even though some of my initial design and proto type work was there, it was not up to par with them early on as I do this for the love of the hobby and I am no engineer lol and they went in a different direction , but either way I was ecstatic it was created at all and who ever took the ball and ran with it, I purchased one of the runs to support the project by first gear and is now in my collection and now many other collectors as well which was my goal in the first place.