DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

DHS Fall Auction Options · View
admin
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 8:49:25 PM
Groups: Administration

The DHS Fall Auction is set for October 17th. There are over 450 items in there this time and there are absolutely NO RESERVES!

We worked hard to make that happen this time. All items will sell at the highest bid price.

Unfortunately we have to do this one virtually like we did in the summer. But you can still bid online anytime now until the auction starts and then bid live during the auction itself.

Take a look at the auction and bid often and bid high...

I need to see Q sign up.

Thanks.

Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 9:11:28 PM

Groups: Member

I'm bidding on 9 items there Poncho.
RMS Models
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2020 9:55:45 PM

Quinella,

So YOU are the one driving up the prices ! (LOL)
admin
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 11:34:36 AM

Keep it up Q! Grandkid needs new shoes...

Chuck
digggerr
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2020 7:55:15 PM

admin wrote:
Unfortunately we have to do this one virtually

I just took a look at the results and found it very interesting that well over 25% of the lots were sold to onsite...

It's not just with models that realized a low price so that kinda rules out if being buyback, but something is not right!

I would be curious to know what others think about this because the only two possible scenarios I can imagine aren't good.
Barkerjoh
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:12:06 PM

digggerr wrote:
admin wrote:

I just took a look at the results and found it very interesting that well over 25% of the lots were sold to onsite...

It's not just with models that realized a low price so that kinda rules out if being buyback, but something is not right!

I would be curious to know what others think about this because the only two possible scenarios I can imagine aren't good.

Onsite can also be from folks callling in bids. If they call in bids they are made onsite. There’s another scenario
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 3:27:24 PM

digggerr wrote:
admin wrote:

This was made known during the Open House auction back in July, they were call in bids.
big dipper
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 9:00:02 PM

I call bull!!!! on the phone bids, I placed a bid of $240 on lot #165 hours before the start of the auction and the lot went to on-site bidder for $240
Quinella
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2020 11:29:19 PM

big dipper wrote:
I call bull!!!! on the phone bids, I placed a bid of $240 on lot #165 hours before the start of the auction and the lot went to on-site bidder for $240

I made my first bids weeks before the auction started. Perhaps you were not the first to bid $240.00. Online bidding is hard to get used to, if you have never done it. As for any insinuations that somehow Chuck manipulated the bids, I call bull s**t. Chuck is beyond reproach as I know him. His character, his faith, his business acumen, and his loyalty is top shelf. In any auction, the frenzy can begin and people starting bidding recklessly. If you get outbid, it means you didn't bid high enough or, it was beyond your budget. There were half a dozen or more Conrad Freightliner and International trucks that went for close to $200.00, especially with the 18% buyer's premium. I know this because they were my trucks that I sold to Chuck. That's nuts in and of itself. Ordinarily, they should sell for around $100.00 But that is the nature of the game. I bid on nine auctions and lost all of them. I ain't mad. I bid what I wanted to bid.

I would end by saying, know how the online auction system works first. If you feel something went wrong, call the auction house. Or call Chuck. But I don't think you should come on this Forum and accuse Chuck of anything without proof. CAW

digggerr
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 12:05:50 AM

big dipper wrote:

Well, that is very curious, to say the least.

Barkerjoh wrote:
Onsite can also be from folks calling in bids. If they call in bids they are made onsite. There’s another scenario

kokosing Const Co wrote:
This was made known during the Open House auction back in July, they were call-in bids.

Regarding "call-in bidding", doesn't that give those people an unfair advantage by not going through the online auction service with their 18% buyer premium and flat-rate shipping based on the selling price?

kokosing Const Co
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 12:39:02 AM

digggerr wrote:
big dipper wrote:

Well, that is very curious, to say the least.

Barkerjoh wrote:
Onsite can also be from folks calling in bids. If they call in bids they are made onsite. There’s another scenario

kokosing Const Co wrote:
This was made known during the Open House auction back in July, they were call-in bids.

Regarding "call-in bidding", doesn't that give those people an unfair advantage by not going through the online auction service with their 18% buyer premium and flat-rate shipping based on the selling price?

No because I think everyone is locked into that 18%, they're not technically "on-site" like Open House weekend.
Ross Fowlie
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 1:29:36 AM

I made my first bids weeks before the auction started. Perhaps you were not the first to bid $240.00. Online bidding is hard to get used to, if you have never done it. As for any insinuations that somehow Chuck manipulated the bids, I call bull s**t. Chuck is beyond reproach as I know him. His character, his faith, his business acumen, and his loyalty is top shelf. In any auction, the frenzy can begin and people starting bidding recklessly. If you get outbid, it means you didn't bid high enough or, it was beyond your budget. There were half a dozen or more Conrad Freightliner and International trucks that went for close to $200.00, especially with the 18% buyer's premium. I know this because they were my trucks that I sold to Chuck. That's nuts in and of itself. Ordinarily, they should sell for around $100.00 But that is the nature of the game. I bid on nine auctions and lost all of them. I ain't mad. I bid what I wanted to bid.

I would end by saying, know how the online auction system works first. If you feel something went wrong, call the auction house. Or call Chuck. But I don't think you should come on this Forum and accuse Chuck of anything without proof. CAW

Well Said Q!!!!!!
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 1:52:14 AM

Ross Fowlie wrote:

Well Said Q!!!!!!

HI ROSS!
big dipper
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 6:45:18 AM

Plain and simple if an item doesn't bring what you think it should buy it back, if on site bidding takes place at an auction that states no on site bidding in the terms something is fishy if it were a legit bid there would be a bidder ID attached to the bid
admin
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 12:44:16 PM

First of all, thanks to the people who are defending us. I appreciate it. I do not appreciate the comments that we are somehow "cheating" as that is not how DHS operates and we never have.

It was announced well in advance that some customers who don't have computers placed bids with us in advance. Those people are assigned bidder numbers and are "bid in" by the auctioneer up to their maximum. They appear in the Proxibid System as "on-site" bidders until the item is sold and the winning bidder number is assigned.

We also had a few phone bidders who are regular customers and asked to phone bid because they were not available to bid online during the auction. One guy was actually driving and bidding! We have always accepted phone bidders but can only accept a few because we don't have a staff to man the phones. If you have ever been to a live DHS Auction you know that.

In regards to bidding in advance and not winning at a number that was your upper bid, it is a timing issue. If your upper bid is $240 and the price gets to $230 and that's your bid, then the next bidder who bids $240 gets the win (as your max was $240 and the system will not bid you higher). I hope that makes sense because sometimes that happens in an online auction with pre-bids.

Hope that clears it all up.

Chuck
Quinella
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 12:47:28 PM

big dipper wrote:
Plain and simple if an item doesn't bring what you think it should buy it back, if on site bidding takes place at an auction that states no on site bidding in the terms something is fishy if it were a legit bid there would be a bidder ID attached to the bid

You are definitely misinformed. It is a matter of timing. I talked with Chuck and, because of the timing of your bid, versus the other guy's bid, you were outbid. Everyone was informed of rules of the "virtual auction". Talk with Chuck.

digggerr: I know you like to play sleuth and try to convict people but, as usual, you are wrong. Why in the heck would Chuck want to "buy back" his own merchandise and try to sell it again? He would have to pay the 18% buyer's premium on top, just like every other bidder. Then the item would go back into stock, in hopes of selling for a higher price, sometime in the future. Baloney. The goal of any auction is to make money. You look at what you have in the whole group of items and then set a goal of what you hope to make. You may lose on some, but you will hopefully win on the majority. It's that simple. And he doesn't get rich off of these auctions anyway. Do you even do business with Chuck? He doesn't even know who you are. Why don't you give out your identity and quit hiding in the bushes and taking pot shots at everyone. Or better still, as you stated in a recent post, why don't you just ban yourself. Oh, and yes, I got your vulgar, juvenile e-mail last year. Should I show it to the members and see what they think? Or better still, I'll show it to Chuck. Just go away.
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 4:55:43 PM

This is great lol. I should go on rants about all the ebay auctions I lost at the last second due to people bidding a max that's ridiculously high with no chance of myself winning. Kinda like this auction :d/ sounds like a bunch or sore losers.
Barkerjoh
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 7:49:25 PM

I’m interested in what he said. People are ridiculous. Is this dude serious from
Jersey. Must be
njtinman
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 10:13:39 PM

Now that was uncalled for. One of my coworkers is from "Lil north of pittsburgh" and I don't talk bad about him....
digggerr
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2020 10:29:25 PM

admin wrote:
They appear in the Proxibid System as "on-site" bidders until the item is sold and the winning bidder number is assigned.

If that was the case, wouldn't we be seeing a consistent 'to' ?****? instead of "onsite" now that the auction is over and done?

Just asking about what I see, nothing more.