DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Edgar Browning Options · View
Backhoe
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:16:45 PM

Groups: Member

Just wanted to let this here for the group that Edgar Browning has passed away. For those not familiar with the name, Edgar wrote the Road Building Construction Equipment at Work Series of books, as well as publishing Shovel magazine, among other things. I know he traveled in his book van to several of the shows in the eastern part of the county from his base in Virginia. I looked forward to visiting with him at the National Pike(Brownsville) show over the last few years. If you've never seen Edgar's books, Chuck has them for sale. They are worth the purchase to have. Send a prayer for Edgar's family and friends, he will be missed by all.
89cxsport
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:42:57 PM

I met Edgar, at the HCEA national convention in 2012, we became friends after and chatted online fairly often, and at shows when I attended. He will be missed for sure.

Flickr Photostream
Gd10r
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 12:05:24 PM

Edgar, was a great supporter of the old iron and his collection of antique photos/scans and slides formed the basis for some amazing books. He was a true friend and a Shepard of the hobby. Prayers to his family in this sad time.

Still Plays with Toys
brian falcone
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 8:14:49 PM

Sad news. I first chatted with him when he was sharing pics on the hcea page a few years back. He grew up in the town I was living in . Nice guy sent me lots of pictures of local jobs in rhode island that were done long before I was around. His Rhode island book is great. Has pictures of the construction of the rte7/295 interchange which is an amazing rock cut to behold if you've ever driven through the south bound on ramps. I talked with him a while back,bought his book and he wrote a nice paragraph in there for me. He was a good guy,always possitive and a joy to talk to.
SDBOB
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 11:10:53 AM

RIP. Prayers sent.