DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Diecast Masters Kenworth T880 Options · View
hulan
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2021 4:10:26 AM

Groups: Member

Hi Everyone,

I’m currently in the process of converting a DM T880 tractor into a snow plow and sander unit, and I am debating on whether or not to paint the cab of the truck a DOT yellow, as opposed to the stock white cab. My main issue is with the Kenworth and T880 badging that is on the truck. Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to go about this? If I painted over them, is there anyone that has produced replacement decals/ badging for these trucks? Or is there any way to cover them prior to painting since they’re fairly small?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or guidance. This is my first real crack at custom model building, so I’m hoping to do a great job and take my time to do it right. And learn some tips and tricks along the way.

Cheers!

Greg
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2021 12:51:35 PM

Groups: Member

That was always the issue with repainting the FG T880, the small logos that were on the truck. I have a repainted T880 and just forgot about the logo because they were hardly noticeable. I am sure you can get decals printed out for them, there are multiple places that do decals now inclusing Buffalo Road Imports, Milo at Weiss Brothers and there is a guy on facebook called Circus City Decals.

Hope any of this helps.