DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Looking for alternative cable for MLC cranes Options · View
austinwilliams27
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2022 1:21:21 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

Im tired of not being able to move the gantry on my MLC300 and MLC650 because of all the friction with the factory wax coated cable. Does anyone have a currently available alternative they use to put on the drums of their cranes?
dain555
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2022 1:39:47 PM

Groups: Member

austinwilliams27 wrote:
Hello,

Im tired of not being able to move the gantry on my MLC300 and MLC650 because of all the friction with the factory wax coated cable. Does anyone have a currently available alternative they use to put on the drums of their cranes?

There used to be a fishing line out called Musky Master, it was black braided line from the Cortland line company, we had a rule that for cranes under 200 ton lifting capacity we'd use 18 pound test line and anything over 200 ton we'd use 27 pound test line. Unfortunately the company quit making the line several years ago!!

So basically you would want to use a braided, non monofilament (that plastic type stuff) line in either a black or gray color. Again by rule of thumb use an 18 pound test for under 200 ton and 27 pound test for over 200 ton. Oh the 200 ton capacity cranes you could use either line!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!