DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Question about Flip Axle trailers???? Options · View
dain555
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2023 6:14:14 PM

Groups: Member

I have a question that someone asked on a Facebook post, so here goes.

If you have a Talbert Flip Axle lowboy trailer (3 axle plus the flip) do you need a separate registration/plate, title and inspection for the flip axle part of the trailer???? Some commenter said that many states require the flip axle to be inspected, titled and have it's own plate while the rest of the trailer has it's own stuff.

Thank you for any help as it made me curious to know from better experts than the Facebook University scholars on the post!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
dain555
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2023 12:39:18 PM

Awe gee, I figured I'd have a lot of responses to this!! Please if you are or have hauled a lowboy trailer with a flip axle can you answer the question??? Thanks all, I appreciate the help!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

dain555
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2023 3:07:04 PM

Awe guys, I figured there would at least be 3 of you that could answer my question!!!!

Dain

Cat938k
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2023 8:28:29 PM

dain555 wrote:
Awe guys, I figured there would at least be 3 of you that could answer my question!!!!

In Ontario, no. If you have: Truck + Jeep + Trailer w/ flip you only need plates for the truck, jeep and float.

Edit: to add, the plates have to be unobstructed and clearly visible. So if the trailer normally has the flip up then the plate has to be visible on the trailer and vise versa.

- Tyler

3406E
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2023 1:41:39 AM

I don't know so I can only hypothesize. I would think if the flip axle is detachable then it could be viewed as a separate piece like a jeep or stinger and would have to be registered separate and therefore have it's own license plate. I would imagine if the trailer is registered as a 4 axle but you remove the 4th axle it's then considered a 3 axle... Again I really don't know so I'm just guessing.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton