DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Sad to hear about a friend! Options · View
dain555
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2024 2:26:50 PM

Groups: Member

I don't know if many of you here have had a chance to meet our great forum member and amazing model builder Don Campbell from Gaylord, Michigan but he used to post a lot of awesome things he built over the years!!! Well I hope he isn't slowing down but as of right now he's cleaning house, selling off most of his fantastic little tractors he's rebuilt and most all of his models that inspired him to build the things he has!!

Hopefully it's just a new chapter in his life that encompasses his family and he'll find a little time to continue in the hobby along with Terak his grandson!!! Hopefully he also stays up to date reading our posts and he can enlighten us all as to how he's doing and help us out with various ideas!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
Jamiescotland
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2024 5:37:04 PM

I've not met him, but we've messaged each other a few times over the years - he's been a superb source of inspiration and information. What he does with a pile of steel sheet and a plasma cutter is truly brilliant. I would love to own one of his creations, but very unlikely living here in Scotland and being a penniless artist.
I reckon his duties as a grandad are taking priority, and he's been winding down with the models for a few years now. Cheers Don if you read this!!!
3406E
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2024 12:23:21 AM

I've always been a big fan of his creations. I hope all is well with him and that this is just a change in hobbies.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton
digggerr
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2024 12:27:46 AM

dain555 wrote:
I don't know if many of you here have had a chance to meet our great forum member and amazing model builder Don Campbell from Gaylord, Michigan but he used to post a lot of awesome things he built over the years!!! Well I hope he isn't slowing down but as of right now he's cleaning house, selling off most of his fantastic little tractors he's rebuilt and most all of his models that inspired him to build the things he has!!

Hopefully it's just a new chapter in his life that encompasses his family and he'll find a little time to continue in the hobby along with Terak his grandson!!! Hopefully he also stays up to date reading our posts and he can enlighten us all as to how he's doing and help us out with various ideas!!

"Sad to hear about a friend!"???
dain555
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2024 1:47:18 PM

digggerr wrote:
dain555 wrote:

"Sad to hear about a friend!"???

Yes, he's been a friend to all of us here on the forum!! Unfortunately from what I've read on his Facebook posts he is basically getting out of the hobby of creating really awesome replicas!! Anytime anyone decides to end something they have enjoyed doing for most of their life it's sad. Yes, he is obviously going into a new chapter of his life that most definitely is a great thing for him because family comes before anything else!! Also maybe he might want to pass his talents along to his grandson which would be awesome as well!! I know I have grandkids that unfortunately because of their father I probably will never get a chance to do anything with and I might even be a great grandfather but because they have cut ties with me I'll never know.

Hopefully Don has his plans for his next adventures set and I know he'll still be able to see many of his contributions he's made over the years!!! Let's all say "Cheers" and plow the froth off a couple 🍺🍺 to our good friend Don Campbell!!!

Dain

I'm a kid at heart, so I will play with any model construction vehicle from 1:87 scale to 1:1 scale!!!!

Age is a state of time NOT a state of mind!!
3406E
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2024 2:21:59 AM

dain555 wrote:
Hopefully Don has his plans for his next adventures set and I know he'll still be able to see many of his contributions he's made over the years!!! Let's all say "Cheers" and plow the froth off a couple 🍺🍺 to our good friend Don Campbell!!!

I'll drink to that, cheers!

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton