Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Liebherr PR776 Options · View
Weserhutte
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2015 2:53:38 PM
Groups: Member

Forum member Remko doesn't post here anymore, but I found this photo he posted on BouwmachineFORUM. Does anybody know anything about it, or have photos of the machine assembled with the cab and blade?

noraztrans
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2015 9:26:48 PM

Not positive but I think it photo shop. Cat has the patent on the elicited sprocket....and the under carriage and rest of machine look reminiscent of a d10t.

HAMMER TO FIT...PAINT TO MATCH!

The ironic use of IT IV emissions technology on forestry equipment…. “Burning the woods down while trying to save the ozone”
D5G
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2015 9:54:23 PM

noraztrans wrote:
Not positive but I think it photo shop. Cat has the patent on the elicited sprocket....and the under carriage and rest of machine look reminiscent of a d10t.

Supposedly CAT's patent on the high drive design expired in 1989.

MikesModels2011 on Facebook

MikesModels2011 on YouTube

Mikes Model Reviews Thread

Mack Granite Project Thread
digggerr
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2015 9:57:27 PM

noraztrans wrote:
the elicited sprocket....

Man; I know you've got a girl there teasing you as you're trying to not act distracted and type!

The Caterpillar patent for high drive was filed back in the '70s so I have to wonder if it's still valid.

If it's photoshop, it's damned good photoshop!
Cat345bl
Posted: Sunday, August 09, 2015 10:26:37 PM

That could be Photoshopped, look how pixelated the finial drive looks.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

mayrklaus
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 3:18:44 AM

hello

the patend of the high drive is finished for cat some years ago.
you can get high drive machines also from two chines companies.

best regrads
klaus
JoeS1989
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 3:36:25 AM

I believe that its a D10 sized machine that liebherr are testing! This photo has been floating about on twitter the past few days and a person that does alot of work for liebherr that the machine is indeed real!
WCollins
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:06:45 AM

I cannot say its a real machine with a straight face.

It is definitely fake.

Here's why I came to that conclusion.

1. Those a Caterpillar mounts for the cylinders. Liebherr mounts their cylinders on the side not the front.

2.Notice how the mountings are exactly the same. Also note how on the front the below the radiator they both have the same bolts.

3.The front idler and idler mounts are the same, as are the castings on the front track frame are the same.

4.The track frame mounting point is the same with the slope on the track frames and mounting for the top carrier roller.

5.The bottom roller frames are the same, as are the rollers themselves.

6.As with the front idler the rear are the same.

7.Notice on the slanted edge how the perforations are cut off.

8.Not Highlighted but look how the angle of the tracks on the rear are the same as the D10's.

9.This is a common sense one. I would seriously doubt that Liebherr would be stupid enough to copy a design a machine that closely from a company who has one of the larger intellectual property teams that I know of.

Now this machine could be real and just a prototype using a cat undercarriage to see if a high drive version would be advantageous, But I have my doubts. Anyways If it was a prototype I doubt they would have it painted in Liebherr colors, It would attract too much attention, I would think they would paint it like a Caterpillar. Thats just my 2 cents.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
kerst
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 8:37:03 AM

D5G
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 10:01:39 AM

Kerst,

Do you have a more specific link? I don't see the 776? Or maybe I missed it?

MikesModels2011 on Facebook

MikesModels2011 on YouTube

Mikes Model Reviews Thread

Mack Granite Project Thread
kerst
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 12:24:11 PM

D5G wrote:
Kerst,

Do you have a more specific link? I don't see the 776? Or maybe I missed it?

I don't think it is in production yet.

Kerst

http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1096251
Weserhutte
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 10:10:04 PM

WCollins wrote:
I cannot say its a real machine with a straight face.

It is definitely fake.

Here's why I came to that conclusion.

1. Those a Caterpillar mounts for the cylinders. Liebherr mounts their cylinders on the side not the front.

2.Notice how the mountings are exactly the same. Also note how on the front the below the radiator they both have the same bolts.

3.The front idler and idler mounts are the same, as are the castings on the front track frame are the same.

4.The track frame mounting point is the same with the slope on the track frames and mounting for the top carrier roller.

5.The bottom roller frames are the same, as are the rollers themselves.

6.As with the front idler the rear are the same.

7.Notice on the slanted edge how the perforations are cut off.

8.Not Highlighted but look how the angle of the tracks on the rear are the same as the D10's.

9.This is a common sense one. I would seriously doubt that Liebherr would be stupid enough to copy a design a machine that closely from a company who has one of the larger intellectual property teams that I know of.

Now this machine could be real and just a prototype using a cat undercarriage to see if a high drive version would be advantageous, But I have my doubts. Anyways If it was a prototype I doubt they would have it painted in Liebherr colors, It would attract too much attention, I would think they would paint it like a Caterpillar. Thats just my 2 cents.

I respect your opinion and evaluation, but can only agree with your assessment to a small degree. To your points;

1: While I have no doubt that the cylinder mounting point was once a Caterpillar patent, it's as old as the high-drive patent and is long expired.

2: Please look closely again? They are not the same.

3: Ditto

3: agreed; identical from photos at least.

4: Please look closely again? They are not the same.

5: Not even close.

6: This holds no merit at all as there are a variety of aftermarket companies that produce these for less than OEM like Berco, etc..

7: This is where I'm completely in agreement with you! There's no way this gets out of the factory at Telfs looking like that.

8 and 9 are have been addressed.

Just my opinion.
61BG
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:29:12 PM

If this is a real prototype & not photo shopped I can only say WHY? Why would Liebherr go down the road of a high drive when EVERY other manufacturer has proven that it is not needed to have a successful long life undercarriage. Even Cat has slowly gotten away from it in 4 different size classes including their most technologically advanced crawler the D7E. I am struggling to see the advantage of it. Saying that, the planetary final drive hub in this picture does not look anything like the D10T, so it could be a Liebherr design.
gbarnewall
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 11:47:33 PM

Here is a link(hopefully) of a translated page from baumachinesomething and the PR 776 murmurs had been floating about from the beginning of 2013

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.baumaschinenbilder.de%2Fforum%2Fthread.php%3Fpostid%3D599306

To me it smacks of photo shop,way too similar,not 100% but a lot closer to than not to a Cat,in saying that I'll sit firmly on the fence,splinters n all,the fun part comes now,the waiting game

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Brian C
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:28:50 AM

For all the sceptics:-
This is not a fake/photoshopped image at all.Believe it or not...... the dozer is actually real!!
I have seen the cover of the spec. brochure,showing it actually working.Op.weight range is 65-73 tonnes with an engine output of approx.440kW-565kW but these specs are subject to change.
WCollins
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 3:57:34 AM

Brian C wrote:
This is not a fake/photoshopped image at all.Believe it or not...... the dozer is actually real!!

I found that out this morning, I would have never guessed that Liebherr was actually making a high drive hydrostatic dozer. That photo still looks like something that some one would have photoshopped. I guess i can't be right all the time.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
Robert Heuston
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:18:28 AM

I heard rumours that this machine is in Aus.
ITmachine
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 1:54:41 PM

WCollins wrote:
Brian C wrote:

I found that out this morning, I would have never guessed that Liebherr was actually making a high drive hydrostatic dozer. That photo still looks like something that some one would have photoshopped. I guess i can't be right all the time.

Its a hydrostatic? Never thought about it before but what are Komatsu 375/475s?
RMS Models
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 2:49:37 PM

ITmachine,

The Komatsu 375 and the 475 has the following:

Komatsu TORQFLOW transmission consists of a water-cooled, 3-element, 1-stage, 1-phase torque converter with lockup clutch and a planetary gear, multiple-disc clutch transmission which is hydraulically actuated and force-lubricated for optimum heat dissipation. Gearshift lock lever and neutral safety switch help prevent accidental starts.
Weserhutte
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:40:14 PM

WCollins wrote:
I found that out this morning

Please share with us what you found?