DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Speaking of a Hitachi EX5500 Options · View
Gavin84w
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:58:40 AM

Groups: Member

A major problem with all big Hitachis is the tinny sheetmetal caving in when touched up against things. Personally they have a terrible layout when it comes to having to work on them, but up to a point they seldom require a lot of work. That snakepit of steel pipes is a nightmare if you have to get down in there for an oring. Was viewing Liddell,s EX8000 yestreday With Richard Fowler and boy they are a big unit, he got plenty of pics and of Mt Arthur aswell so will post when he gets home i am sure.
Butler
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 9:52:50 AM

Chris5500 wrote:
Butler wrote:
hey chris those are the brockman 4 5500 shovels up top correct? went over there the other day from brockman 2. do you have any more of the pc5500 from west angeleas?

Yep, they sure are Brockman 4's had these delivered along with the 3600, L-1850 and 830's with more on the way. When you say "any more" of West Ange's 55's do you mean on top of the one's I posted at HEF or have you not seen them? I only have 1 or 2 more than what was posted over there, either way, I can post here if you want. Just let me know!

For now, here's one of West Ange's EX5500's, not it's best look!

just the one in your avatar looks like the one from the autonomus (or however u spell it) project??

heres some more of the EX5500 digger they have over there too. great machines to operate though not as nice as a 3600

Chris5500
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:15:39 AM

Ah fair enough, my avatar is Cacarthur Coal's in QLD, my sig is taken from Rio's West Ange's Autonomous Haulage System project in pit A. Rio's currently writing up a big contract for more FrontRunner equipment, no idea what sort of equipment though, I've heard plenty of speculation about autonomous 830's though and PC8000 backhoe's for Tom Price. Initially they were trying for Clermont and Hail Creek to be autonomous but were not compatible, but they have 5 or so sites in the Pilbara where they would be compatible and on a long haul basis not like at West Ange but more like the first instalment at Codelco in Chile. Have you heard any goss of the next phase?

Anyway, here's some of West Ange's 55 as requested. Got a few of the trucks brand spanking too. Let me know if you wanna see 'em!

leo-cat
Posted: Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:21:08 PM

Fabulous pics guys. Judging by the person standing next to it that PC5500 looks a heck of a lot larger than the EX5500.
It seems really strange to me that the Hitachis are not service-friendly. To me, the whole design and layout of the machine seem to follow the "form-follows-function"-rule. Looks like that´s just an illusion.

Leo
Greasemonkey
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:43:15 AM

Gavin84w wrote:
A major problem with all big Hitachis is the tinny sheetmetal caving in when touched up against things. Personally they have a terrible layout when it comes to having to work on them, but up to a point they seldom require a lot of work. That snakepit of steel pipes is a nightmare if you have to get down in there for an oring. Was viewing Liddell,s EX8000 yestreday With Richard Fowler and boy they are a big unit, he got plenty of pics and of Mt Arthur aswell so will post when he gets home i am sure.

I agree about the tinny sheet metal issue. I do however think it wouldn't really be an issue if they could find people to run them who weren't trying to move dirt with parts of the machine other than the bucket.

Brian
towoc999
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 10:12:09 AM

Greasemonkey wrote:
Gavin84w wrote:

I agree about the tinny sheet metal issue. I do however think it wouldn't really be an issue if they could find people to run them who weren't trying to move dirt with parts of the machine other than the bucket.

Brian

They'd ran you out of job !!! LOL

The Frenchman
Greasemonkey
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 11:26:30 AM

LOL.......not me, I use the bucket to move dirt.

Brian
Butler
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 9:58:08 AM

hey chris do you have any of the l1850 they have out there?
Chris5500
Posted: Thursday, April 08, 2010 4:35:52 AM

Here ya go.

a Cutter
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 11:46:43 AM

Drool More please! ?Pray

Thanks for the above two.

Chris
RowanH
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 4:14:59 PM

a Cutter wrote:
Drool More please! ?Pray

Thanks for the above two.

Chris

Awesome shots... Not too often you gen the up close pics, cheers mate!!!!

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, April 09, 2010 4:16:41 PM

great pics!! thanks for sharing

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.