DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Possible new Liebherr T264 model. Options · View
Paul
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2015 7:28:30 PM

Groups: Member

Hello all,

I thought all the mining fans among us might like to hear this little snippet of information that I stumbled across yesterday/today.

Liebherr Mining posted this photo on their Facebook Page yesterday and I'm sure you'll agree they are great looking mining trucks.

Anyway, I took a stab in the dark and asked if they would commission Conrad to make a model version(as we know Conrad have produced the first version T264).

To my surprise they replied "we are working on it"!.

So, fingers crossed we'll see a new announcement at the 2016 Toy Fair Pray

btw, can anybody confirm that these are in an Australian mine?.

T264 by Paul Moar, on Flickr

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2015 7:36:35 PM

Good stuff Paul!! you always seem to have a finger on the Liebherr mining pulse Smile

And I agree 100% with you,the T264 is a good lookin' truck,proportioned perfectly,I'm sure that was Liebherrs main goal Teeth

Will this new truck show up at the 2016 toy fair along side their Liebherpillar D776T?

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Cat345bl
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:28:36 PM

Paul wrote:

Hi Paul these trucks appear to be taken somewhere in North America because the service truck in the middle is a 2011-15 Ford F-550XL and they are only available in North America.

-Mike, Collecting 1/50th Construction Diecast Since 2003.
View My Collection Here, As of 03/29/24

Robert Heuston
Posted: Saturday, October 10, 2015 9:49:43 PM

Aus only has T282's at this point
rare ss
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:38:51 AM

Paul wrote:

T264 by Paul Moar, on Flickr

Big doors on the workshop tell me it isn't in Oz either.. there's some big imported F truck's down here but none kicking around minesites as pit utes that's for sure
Gavin84w
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 7:18:38 AM

Libra, cos they only work once a month......
KyleS
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 9:15:44 AM

Good info!

My best guess would be the Canadian Oil Sands mines.

- Kyle
Paul
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 9:18:21 AM

Excellent, thanks for the info/clarification Smile

I actually prefer the straight, square edge on the dump body head to the first version that was released.

Let's hope this is pulled off Pray

Greasemonkey
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 1:26:11 PM

KyleS wrote:
Good info!

My best guess would be the Canadian Oil Sands mines.

Not in the Oil Sands. Looks like Wyoming coal to me.
digggerr
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 7:53:04 PM

Greasemonkey wrote:
Looks like Wyoming coal to me.

Exactly! The photo was taken at NARM.

As for the model, I can't rule it out completely but think that if someone from Liebherr told you "we are working on it" online that it's likely a person who has little or no knowledge of the model program. Unlike the T 284 which was designed to be able to swap bodies, the T 264 was not (of course they can make another run with the option).

Let's see if we actually get another body for the T284 first? There are lots of possibilities there!

Another thing to consider is that the photo shows Trinity MAX bodies on the trucks, so a licensing agreement of some kind would be required there to do it legally.
gbarnewall
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2015 8:25:11 PM

Would the fact these bodies have the "Liebherr" name on them suggest these are made by whomever for Liebherr,and in doing so fall under the liebherr licensing,if the models came with "Trinity" decals etc then I'm sure they would fall victim of having to be given the nod from Trinity,

Is this not a similar situation to the tires models come fitted with,some tires have their own signature thread pattern yet we don't see a name embossed in the side wall,so perhaps thread pattern or other detail regarding other parts of machinery don't fall under the need for a license

If the model did appear,and if a license was needed I would fully expect Liebherr to have all their I's dotted and T's crossed,they have by far the best,consistant model program of any OEM

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Robert Heuston
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2015 2:48:05 AM

They look like WesTech bodies.
SJDownes
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:16:48 AM

I have been in contact with Liebherr with regards to an updated version of the T264 and they have told me there is nothing planned, so i don't think we will see an updated version any time soon.

Miniature Construction World on Facebook
Miniature Construction World on Twitter
sjd@miniature-construction-world.co.uk
Paul
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:49:05 AM

Oh well, I guess "if it sounds too good to be true it usually is".

But, perhaps it has given Liebherr an idea for the future.

Smile

digggerr
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 8:49:49 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Would the fact these bodies have the "Liebherr" name on them suggest these are made by whomever for Liebherr,and in doing so fall under the liebherr licensing,if the models came with "Trinity" decals etc then I'm sure they would fall victim of having to be given the nod from Trinity,

Is this not a similar situation to the tires models come fitted with,some tires have their own signature thread pattern yet we don't see a name embossed in the side wall,so perhaps thread pattern or other detail regarding other parts of machinery don't fall under the need for a license

If the model did appear,and if a license was needed I would fully expect Liebherr to have all their I's dotted and T's crossed,they have by far the best,consistant model program of any OEM

Those are good points, but since I don't represent Liebherr, Trinity or any tire company I can only offer my opinions in response.

Regarding these dump beds (actually this pair of trucks); they have had extra attention paid to them as they are featured in Liebherr brochures and videos. Otherwise, I believe the leading edge of the spill guard would likely have the Trinity logo and MAX there. After reviewing the newest T264 catalog from last year I've seen that the Trinity logo and MAX are clearly seen in the gatefold photo inside the cover, but they have been photoshopped out of all the others in the catalog. That's interesting to say the least.

I think the model tires are a completely different scenario for the most part. Simply put, all popular tread patterns were created decades ago and the patents are long expired. Only size and compounds have changed in recent history.

I certainly agree with you about Conrad doing things proper, and am really looking forward to the accessory dump bed for the T284. Come on Duratray!!

Robert Heuston wrote:
They look like WesTech bodies.

Westech uses a different ribbing configuration. Just look at the photo again between the top and middle rib above "the Liebherr", or watch this Liebherr video?