DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Tonkin first model Cat 994H Options · View
Barkerjoh
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:12:54 AM

Groups: Member

Must say you guys are pretty good at 20 questions. But I as well am disappointed in the model announcement too. One thing I am hoping for is that the loaders reach over the side boards of the 1:50 dump trucks with out modifications. Another thing to mention is just because Tonkin has the license doesn't mean they can produce freely what they want again like it has been said in prior posts. Caterpillar has the final say on the models produced. Can you say if that is correct Luke. Who knows if they brought the 349 or the ct660 or any other machine they wanted to produce and were limited to a certain group making competion for both Tonkin and Norscot being that Norscot came back from under the rug they been bidding under to announce cat models. May make it better or worse for the collectors
Diecast Logger
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:30:47 AM

More loadersSad 2 more to go till all 1/50 are announced for this year.Please Be a 349EPray Pray

Mclean Joyce

kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 11:47:50 AM

Maybe saving the best for last.

What's next, a 930K?

I am going to say the last two models will be the 349E and a 312E, in no particular order of course...
CAT324DL
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 12:20:21 PM

Disappointed? I am actually really looking forward to the new loaders, there haven't been any Cat wheel loaders produced in years now. Can't wait to see them Tonkin!

-Mike
ITmachine
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:00:18 PM

I am stoked about the loaders! Been wanting a new 966 for YEARS! Having the 972 as well is just Icing on the cake! Be interesting to compare the 950K against the H. Yes a 349 would have been nice, but aren't all the other manufacturers saving their big announcements for Bauma?

Also Thank you Luc for keeping us informed and putting the extra effort in to communicate with the collector.
Jimi
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:21:39 PM

Are they three separate castings? I notice they are all 7 inches according to the pdf file. One would hope Tonkin isn't taking notes from the Motorart of past and taking one mold and making three models.

regards,
Jim

"Once again, concussion by safety" -Mike Rowe
"BIG JOHN"
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 7:24:50 PM

Well, i'm not going to pre judge the quality of what Tonkin are due to release, but the line up? Yet another 994? A model thats already been done by both NZG & Norscot more than once. I actually thought the Norscot version was one of their better models.

I will be hard pressed to buy yet another one of these.........as Tonkin have stated, they won't be aiming to match the details of TWH, so whats the point?
brian falcone
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:19:13 PM

shouldnt be the same casting. the 950k has a different loader arm and linkage than the others . the 966k and 972k however share the same basic machine i think its a tire and bucket size difference. maybe more hp.
Cat22Fan
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:28:12 PM

Would be nice if one or more of these new K series Loaders comes with changeable forks or attachments and possibly a multipurpose bucket.
D5G
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:06:37 PM

Cat22Fan wrote:
Would be nice if one or more of these new K series Loaders comes with changeable forks or attachments and possibly a multipurpose bucket.

While I'm not overly thrilled as I said before I would highly advocate to Tonkin that this is necessary. At least put a quick coupler on the loader so there is a possibility for attachments if not with the loader, for the future.

MikesModels2011 on Facebook

MikesModels2011 on YouTube

Mikes Model Reviews Thread

Mack Granite Project Thread
Linkbelt or Cat
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:33:41 AM

The 972 will be great.
I'm very happy to see a new company build cat models. Especially a washington state company!

Jimmy

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive!