DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Telescopic Crawler Cranes - [Original and Custom - 1:50] Options · View
Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:44:43 PM

Groups: Member

I had a certain new model on order for some time, and today a package arrived from Germany...

Yes, from Hans Warner

I just opened up the package, and, oh my, what a beautiful model!!!

All I can say is: "WooooHooooo!!!!!!!":shock: :shock:

A few years ago, Liebherr introduced a new type of crane in their product line. A telescopic crawler. Pretty simple actually, take a LTM 1100 and LR 1100, throw them in the blender and voilá, LTR 1100!! Ever since I saw the real thing on the Liebherr site and Bauma, I've been waiting for a model. Even considered building something like it myself. But, there was a model announced after all, and I pre-ordered it from Hans Warner a while ago. It was finally delivered yesterday. So, here is my review, with something special in the final post!!

After opening the package, this is what comes out!! The model is packed in the usual Conrad style styrofoam box with a carton sleeve. Like other Liebherr models the box features photo's of various examples of the real machine at work.

Opening the box reveals the model, typical Conrad-style, with a nice display of teh various components.

A nice added bonus, a paper Liebherr flag is included with the model.

All the parts displayed. Like the real machine the tracks can be separated from the undercarriage to decrease the transport size and weight.

Closer look at the undercarriage and the outriggers. Unfortunately the outriggers are attached to the undercarriage with the standard plastic Conrad pins, so I'll have to replace them with something else.

Undercarriage ballast, which is also detachable, together with the small jib, two kinds of hooks (a doubl with tree sheeves and a single with two sheeves) as well as the second cabledrum.

The main ballast is composed of 6 pieces. Two large slabs, and 4 smaller blocks which go on top of the slabs on either side.

Base model with the outriggers.

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:45:13 PM

Continuing...

Model build up with all the counterweight pieces, secondary cable drum, small jib (at the side of the boom) and crawlers set narrow.

Model seen from the rear with a clear view of the counterweight. This can be lifted on the model using two sets of chains just like on a large crawler crane. But because of a strong wind I haven't made any photo's of this yet.

Model seen from the left...

Boom erected with small jip attached and the crawlers in the working position. Like all good cranes the cab is of course tiltable.

Other side...

Close-up of the basic model...

The jib is positionable. It's too bad there are no more jib parts included with the model. Other jibs from Liebherr models (LTM 1030 or LTM 1200-5.1) don't fit either.

Seen from the top...

First boom part extended . The boom consists of a 6 parts in total...

Completely extended and in a near vertical elevation the model reaches about 109 cm (43 inches) high.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:45:44 PM

Final set of photo's. A comparison of the LTR 1100 from Conrad and the Sennebogen 683 from Ros.

With both booms at the same elevation and fully extended the Sennebogen is clearly much lower than the Liebherr.

Rear view...

Front view...

Booms retracted...

Booms completely lowered and the tracks on narrow...

Other side...

Final photo...

Remko

DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:50:02 PM

WOW! Drool this makes me want this model even more. i really am dying to get this model, looks really great! Applause Applause Applause
hummer13
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:00:05 PM

Mine comes in today and I pick it up tomorrow. I have already planned on doing a larger jib for this model.
Jason

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:05:25 PM

hummer13 wrote:
Mine comes in today and I pick it up tomorrow. I have already planned on doing a larger jib for this model.

Jason

Jason, it's unfortunate that there isn't a larger jib included, but I just got a tip suggesting tthe jib of the Liebherr LTM 1070-4.1 might fit.

I'll be getting a second model in a few months for some custom purposes. Those crawlers gave me a lot of ideas!!

Remko

treeman
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:43:54 PM

Very nice!!! I'm hoping I can get this one, since I was cut off on the LR1280. Now that I think about it, this one should go alot better with my dio I want to do. Nice photos!!!! Always enjoy your posts!!

treeman
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:50:07 PM

hummer13 wrote:
Jason

Jason, let me know if and when you are able to do a jib for this model, i would be interested in buying one from you since i plan on purchasing this model in the future
hummer13
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:16:19 PM

I will post pics once I get started on it. I am doing a few other orders at the momment. Then I will take a look at it.
Jason

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
dirtboy
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:35:52 PM

Nice photos Remko. I got mine yesterday as well, but it's already suffered the fate of having been stripped down and in the process of a repaint. It's really a nice piece with the usual detail and quality that Conrad produces. Very solid with few plastic pieces on it.
I've got a few ideas for a luffer as well and I'll see how they work out. I'll post a few pics over the weekend, or as soon as the paint cures.

Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:46:39 PM

dirtboy wrote:
Nice photos Remko. I got mine yesterday as well, but it's already suffered the fate of having been stripped down and in the process of a repaint. It's really a nice piece with the usual detail and quality that Conrad produces. Very solid with few plastic pieces on it.
I've got a few ideas for a luffer as well and I'll see how they work out. I'll post a few pics over the weekend, or as soon as the paint cures.

Sounds good. I'm thinking about repainting it as well, but I don't know which livery yet... There are several interesting choices, but I'm also considering a fictional company in which more of my models will be repainted.

On the other hand, this looks good too...

http://rollingthunder.piranho.de/Bilder%20rhein%20ruhr%20krane%20raupe.htm

Remko

dirtboy
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 7:57:10 PM

Cant go wrong with that paintjob Remko. It's almost worth getting another just to do it up with the black and red, but I figured Bob would have a Mammoet one done up soon. LOL. I'll send you some pictures of whats going on. Shhh

mixontour
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:12:12 PM

That is SWEET!!! Can't wait to get one. Thanks for posting all those different views.

Dan

1:1 or 1:50, I am still in awe.

Christian
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:44:49 PM

Remko wrote:

A few years ago, Liebherr introduced a new type of crane in their product line. A telescopic crawler.

the LTR1100 is not the first telescopic crawler from Liebherr, the LTR1800 is

Quote:

The jib is positionable. It's too bad there are no more jib parts included with the model. Other jibs from Liebherr models (LTM 1030 or LTM 1200-5.1) don't fit either.

the only fitting jib for it would be the one of the LTM1100-4.1, but its not made in 1:50. at Liebherr the jibs are not interchangeable between crane models of different size classes, each machine has its jibs

dirtboy
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:58:53 PM

A link to a page with a bunch of LTR 1100's photos on it. I think the paint on the first one would be interesting to see done.

http://www.janvanwees.nl/LTR%201100/index.htm

Christian
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:01:59 PM

dirtboy wrote:
A link to a page with a bunch of LTR 1100's photos on it. I think the paint on the first one would be interesting to see done.

http://www.janvanwees.nl/LTR%201100/index.htm

and more here

http://www.hansebubeforum.de/showtopic.php?threadid=4469&time=1206054024&s=fe23154facfd72b316ae75021694382e

as for the Keller+Hess LTR1100, i know from a very very very good source thats there´s gonna be at least one custom painted model of this one

it was displayed at the open house of Liebherr Switzerland:

http://www.hansebubeforum.de/showtopic.php?threadid=11491&time=1206054019&s=fe23154facfd72b316ae75021694382e

dirtboy
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:13:32 PM

...sorry to jack your thread Remko. It's just a great model.

zzzz DELETED 93236
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:13:41 PM

theres a very good reason for not having a larger jib on a small hyraulic.
i wish i could get the manual to get more in depth but,after running a smaller one my theroy is this.

your never completely level most of the time in a crawler.especially with the smaller ones,they kinda scoot here and there around the job,the hydraulic boom wont handle the side loading of just being out of level on a capacity pick.(it should have allowances built into its design and laid out in the chart for how much you are of level .)the one i ran allowed up to 5 degrees off level. but only had 108 of boom with the jib.the charts got more sterngent on prep and conditions had other jibs had been mounted and being used .l

to have the addtional jib ,preperations would have to be made to get the crane on an even surface,(may as well hire a AT, RT or truck mount hydraulic for the day for what its gonna take if site conditions are that bad.cost $$$$ to prep.)
the LTR1100 is ideal for those windmill jobs and probably designed to just that. here there and every where as fast and effeciently as possable.it dosent need a longer jib to tail out blades ,move mats or unload trucks

it probably a decent machine, but pounded out to fill a void in the market before competion gets to thick,
,give it time ,im sure the next generation well offer a jib ,probably a hydraulic luffer.
Remko
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 5:01:28 AM

Christian wrote:
Remko wrote:

A few years ago, Liebherr introduced a new type of crane in their product line. A telescopic crawler.

The LTR1100 is not the first telescopic crawler from Liebherr, the LTR1800 is

True, however, this is a much larger crane than the LTR 1100.

Christian wrote:
Remko wrote:

the only fitting jib for it would be the one of the LTM1100-4.1, but its not made in 1:50. at Liebherr the jibs are not interchangeable between crane models of different size classes, each machine has its jibs

This might be so on the real machines, but I don't know if this also goes for the models. It might be that Conrad uses the same molds for various models to be more cost effective.

dirtboy wrote:
...sorry to jack your thread Remko. It's just a great model.

No problem, that livery looks good on the crane.!!

liebherr1160 wrote:
theres a very good reason for not having a larger jib on a small hyraulic.
i wish i could get the manual to get more in depth but,after running a smaller one my theroy is this.

your never completely level most of the time in a crawler.especially with the smaller ones,they kinda scoot here and there around the job,the hydraulic boom wont handle the side loading of just being out of level on a capacity pick.(it should have allowances built into its design and laid out in the chart for how much you are of level .)the one i ran allowed up to 5 degrees off level. but only had 108 of boom with the jib.the charts got more sterngent on prep and conditions had other jibs had been mounted and being used .l

to have the addtional jib ,preperations would have to be made to get the crane on an even surface,(may as well hire a AT, RT or truck mount hydraulic for the day for what its gonna take if site conditions are that bad.cost $$$$ to prep.)
the LTR1100 is ideal for those windmill jobs and probably designed to just that. here there and every where as fast and effeciently as possable.it dosent need a longer jib to tail out blades ,move mats or unload trucks

it probably a decent machine, but pounded out to fill a void in the market before competion gets to thick,
,give it time ,im sure the next generation well offer a jib ,probably a hydraulic luffer.

Well, as you can see on the photo's posted above by Dirtboy, in the link I posted to the black crane, and in the official brochure, the crane has a full jib available. Conrad just didn't include it with the model. Smile

Remko

greenbean
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2008 8:18:04 AM

love it, be better if it came with a bigger jib.

-Jack