DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Liebherr A 904 C Litronic Material Handler - Variations on a theme - [NZG - 1:50] Options · View
Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:59:43 PM

Groups: Member

In this topic I'll post photo's of my customs based on the Liebherr A 904 C Litronic Material Handler from NZG.

First custom, a standard A 904 C, and a A 904 C ZW with the undercarriage of the Liebherr A 900 C ZW.

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:02:58 PM

Update, a third variation. A week ago I got my third Liebherr A 904 C from the Liebherr Dealer here in Holland. This model has become a R 904 C with the tracks of a Liebherr R 924Compact which match out pretty good according to the official brochure.

I'll be making two more models, a crawler High-Rise and a wheeled High-Rse. Just a bit higher than normal, but enought to have the really stand out.

The trio on a row...

From the top...

Remko

Linkbelt or Cat
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2008 6:24:59 PM

I like the version with the 924 undercarriage! awesome!

Jimmy

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive!
Remko
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2008 2:14:07 PM

A new variant, the A 904 C Leonard.

Starting out...

And after attaching the boom, together with it's R 924 Compact brother.

Three new variants are already on the drawing board.

-A 904 C High-Rise
-R 904 C High-Rise
-A 904 C HD with short stick for heavy (demolition) tools (i.e. Mike's 3rd member shear)

Remko

Red
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2008 2:18:43 PM

That's awesome. Your like a mad scientist.Teeth

Red

redscustomscalemodels.com

Remko
Posted: Saturday, October 11, 2008 1:19:19 PM

New custom. I never liked the crawler version that much, so I reinstated it as a wheeled machine.
But with a difference. I removed the original boom, and replaced it with a modified boom of a Norscot A 904 C. Making a wheeld excavator with a hydr. adjustable boom and a lifting cab. I also supplied it with a coupler for pulling a trailer, in this case the semi-lowloader from Siku. The original quick coupler can also be fitted ro the stick, but for now I added a CMM-Schwerlast sorting grab. The stick has a width of 8 mm, so it can fit a variety of buckets / attachments.

Here it is with it's smaller brother, the A 316.

Trailer coupler...

I plan on making a third kind of wheeled Liebherr excavator with a hydr. adjustable boom like this. But it will be a bit larger, A 954 C size to be exact. Cool Cool

Remko

Remko
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2008 12:27:02 PM

As a multifunctional excavator, the Liebherr A 904 C obviously needs a variety of tools for various purposes. Here are a couple of photo's of this little but very versatile machine!

The trailer is a Tekno container trailer. I just don't have a 40 m3 (52 yrd3) container yet, but this will be remedied in a few weeks time.

Different tools. Next to the Himobo Atlas-Copco shear is Brian Blackman's new kit, looks much better, and with the so called Japanese screws I used to put it together is much stronger than it's Himobo counterpart.

Extendable lifting arm, still needs a small hook and a concrete bucket...

Brian's new shear. Wonderful kit, comes together very easily, and you can choose between an adapter for an 8 mm boom or a 6 mm boom. I put the 8 mm one on mine, so it will fit the A 904 C's stick. It's also a lot cheaper than the Himobo model, which is almost three times as expensive. Yup, I'll definately get a couple of more kits in the near future!!

Very wide opening...

Closed...

Brian's rubble bucket...

From the side...

In theory Mike's 3rd member shear would also fit the boom, but it's much to heavy for the A 904 C.
I've also planned a pallet fork attachment for this excavator.

Remko

turbo21835
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2008 5:55:48 PM

Remko, you are correct about mikes shear being too big for a 904. Something that may help you out though. I hear rumors of a demo guy making a series of new shears.

Charter Member, QBall Fan Club
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42336642940&ref=ts
JoeS1989
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2008 6:22:23 PM

They all look great! I cant wait too get my hands on a Brian Blackman Shear! Will look awesome on a EC240. Just one thing....dont you think the one on rail bogies would be a bit unstable on a real machine?

Joe
Remko
Posted: Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:11:26 PM

turbo21835 wrote:
Remko, you are correct about mikes shear being too big for a 904. Something that may help you out though. I hear rumors of a demo guy making a series of new shears.

I've already got a solution for that, I'll make a special adapter from a leftover stick, and make it a 2nd member shear. But in that case it will go on a monoboom excavator, probably the R 916 Advance when it's released. I've already planned a few customs based on that model, including two different wheeled excavators. Cool Cool

Rumors hey... Shhh Shhh

JoeS1989 wrote:
They all look great! I cant wait too get my hands on a Brian Blackman Shear! Will look awesome on a EC240.

Well, it doesn't look too bad at all... Just to give you an idea Joe!

JoeS1989 wrote:
Just one thing....dont you think the one on rail bogies would be a bit unstable on a real machine?

Perhaps it might, but I have tried it out on a short piece of O-gauge track (slightly wider than the NZG track) and it holds quite well. I've also widened the track gauge on the excavator, as well as bigger rail wheels.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:01:36 AM

I've finally added new wheels to this old Siku trailer. Perfect for carrying attachments or cargo. Sides can be folded down for easy access.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 11:03:33 AM

I made some changes on my A 904 C with Leonard boom. I replaced the original (small) outriggers with those of the A 954 C and replaced the tires with smaller ones from Tekno, giving the model a whole different appearance.

Equipped with a sorting grab...

Second, similar, undercarriage is already there. This will be fitted with an A 904 C upper carriage from Norscot.

Remko

Linkbelt or Cat
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:14:08 PM

remko this is really awesome that you have taken the time to build all of these different combinations! Very interesting! Thanks for taking the time to post this!!

I do have a question though, do the attachents for the leonard boom fit the same coupler that is supplied with the case CX130? They look to have the exact same hammer, so I was just wondering...

Jimmy

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive!
Remko
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 5:31:22 AM

Linkbelt or Cat wrote:
remko this is really awesome that you have taken the time to build all of these different combinations! Very interesting! Thanks for taking the time to post this!!

No problem! Teeth

Linkbelt or Cat wrote:
I do have a question though, do the attachents for the leonard boom fit the same coupler that is supplied with the case CX130? They look to have the exact same hammer, so I was just wondering...

They might fit, but as I don't have the Case CX 130 I can't fit them. Do you have the stick width of the CX 130?

Remko

Remko
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 6:06:29 AM

Something I've always loved was a material handler with a normal dipper and a demolition attachment. Well, I've been planning to make these for a long time now, and here's the first prototype. The future models will be a Sennebogen 835 M MultiTool (with short boom and adapter for a normal stick) and a Liebherr A 954 C. But for now, here is the A 904 C. I replaced the three piece boom with a monoboom of the R 924 Compact, but kept the original stick of the Norscot A 904 C. This was drastically shortened however, as well as fitted with two Himobo quickcouplers glued together in opposite direction. The undercarriage has been replaced by that of the Sennebogen 835, fitted with smaller Tekno tires and big outriggerpads from the A 954 C.

But what would you carry on that... Well... Mike's thirdmember shear of course!!
In theory the model could carry all the tools and attachments I have for my R 954 C, but this might not always be useful.

Remko

CAT 328D LCR
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 10:12:16 AM

Very cool! I always like reading your topics.
Antho
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 12:48:36 PM

Really nice! I love to see what you're doing with all your Liebherr models!

But, does the stick-mounted quick coupler for your shear exists? It looks a little bit unsusual...
Remko
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 1:00:36 PM

Antho wrote:
Really nice! I love to see what you're doing with all your Liebherr models!

But, does the stick-mounted quick coupler for your shear exists? It looks a little bit unsusual...

Nope, I used an adapter from forummember JanH and modified it to fit the shear, this is glued to a Himobo 9,5/9,5 mm coupler, so it will fit the Liebherr R 954 C. Model has been modified even further as we speak, it's now fitted with a dozerblade in front of the forward outriggers, and also has a normal stick, which I modified from a A 904 C MH stick. So it can now also hold smaller buckets (from Brian Blackman for example), the original A 904 C MH sorting grab or a small hammer. Multi-functional machine, just the way I love them!!

I've already begun preliminary work on my next project, a Liebherr rotating tele-handler. Using an upercarriage from a Liebherr A 314, undercarriage from the A 904 C MH and cab and boom from the original Liebherr telehandler from Brami.

Remko

Antho
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 1:05:22 PM

Sorry, I know that the model is a custom but I meant, does it exist in real life?
Remko
Posted: Saturday, May 02, 2009 2:06:06 PM

Antho wrote:
Sorry, I know that the model is a custom but I meant, does it exist in real life?

That depends. In Germany, similar machines are quit common. And Sennebogen has a new one from their "D"-series equipped with a Multitool as well. So, yes, the basic principile is used on various machines from different brands with large demolition tools. But if this particular machine exists is doubtful. One of the machines that served as an example is this Liebherr A 900 C Litronic with MBI SH310R scrapshear

And on the German Bauforum24.biz this photo has been posted from Intermat 2009 in Paris, although this is a R 924 C and not a wheeled excavator. Shear is a Labounty MSD 2000R (so if Eric has his shears ready, I'll surely model this using the Liebherr A 924 C model from NZG) Cool Cool

Remko