DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Liebherr A 904 C Litronic Material Handler - Variations on a theme - [NZG - 1:50] Options · View
Remko
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 5:24:32 PM

Groups: Member

More tools for the A 904 C. Big shears and crushers are on the way (I need some new adapters from forum-member JanH first).

Model is equipped with the large palletfork attachment originally meant for the R 954 C. As you can see, it has no problem whatsoever in holding a (Joal) 20 foot container. In the future, the model will be made heavier with pieces of lead, so it can hold a metal Conrad container.

The model is situated here on my new driving plates. Each one measures 100 mm x 25 mm x 0.3 mm. These are just the first eaight of them. I have another 318 planned. They are made out of aluminum plate measuring 400 x 200 x 0.3 mm from Conrad Electronics. They are cut out using a heavy hobby (cutter) knife. Works perfectly.

Without container.

Close-up of the driving plates.

With palletforks attachment carrying the driving plates.

With the new stick.

Equipped with small bucket.

With sorting grab.

And with the hammer.

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
Remko
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 4:46:38 PM

A little modification. The A 904 C has been optimised for cutting steel beams using the Atlas Copco CC 3300 shear from HiMoBo. The undercarriage (here still the original A 904 C from NZG) has since been repleaced with that of the A 924 C. Same wheelbase, but with a wider track. The model has been fitted with one of JanH's very nice Liebherr cab guards as well.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 4:05:51 PM

The most recent (and final) configuration, with the undercarriage of the A 924C.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 7:59:24 AM

After the first prototype, I've now finished a proper A 904 C MH with a material handling boom and Quick Connect stick.

Model with various tools...

Normal stick coupled.

A Labounty shear will be added in the future. Cool

More photo's later on, I had to make some repairs to the model... Confused

Remko

Remko
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:19:40 AM

With material handling stick and pine grapple...

With TreviBenne CS 30RS shear..

Remko

Remko
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 4:48:30 PM

I've made a small modification to my A 904 C models, and used the opportunity to put the entire family together.

Except for the model with the Leonard boom, all cablifts can tilt backwards, for improved views while doing demolition work. Hey, if I can do it to the R 954 C, why not to the A 904 C? Teeth Cool All I need now are a few cabguards from Jan Hildebrandt. Teeth Teeth

First up, the normal version.

Special 1, equipped with a monoboom, short stick, heavy tool and the undercarriage from the A 924 C.

Special 2, basemodel wth short stick/coupler for various heavy tools. The undercarriage has a hitch, so it can pull a trailer loaded with the machine's equipment: stick with sorting grab (or a bucket), stick with pine grapple and heavy scrap shear.

The entire family together...

Remko

Remko
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:59:33 AM

Well, because the A 904 C with the Trevi-Benne crusher was to plain, I decided to reinstate it as a railroader (as can be seen in the first photo at the beginning of this topic). Perfect for demolition alongside railways.

Remko

JSW57
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 2:46:34 PM

I like it setup that way. All you need now is some RR tracks and maybe a car or two.

Jeff
Remko
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 2:57:23 PM

JSW57 wrote:
I like it setup that way. All you need now is some RR tracks and maybe a car or two.

Jeff

I've got the RR tracks (just one piece of about 90 cm), and I'm planning on building a car, I've already got the wheels for it.

Remko

Remko
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 2:38:23 PM

I've fitted the second MSD 2500 as a 2nd member on my A 904C. The shear is actually a bit to heavy (a MSD 2000 would have been better), but it still looks pretty good. I hope the rumours are true and NZG will release the Liebherr R906, R916 and R926 at Bauma, as these would be very good for something like this!

Remko

Sandbox225
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 3:59:09 PM

remko if you ever get bored with your variations please send them my way I love and envy your variations

Penn College Heavy Equipment Grad.
Jim_sparky
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 11:55:38 PM

Remko,

Who's Labounty shear are you using?

Also would the Atlas Copco CC 3300 Fit onto the Case CX240B Material Handler or would it be to heavy?

Regards
James Muldoon
From the Land Down Under
Remko
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:41:56 PM

Jim_sparky wrote:
Remko,

Who's Labounty shear are you using?

Also would the Atlas Copco CC 3300 Fit onto the Case CX240B Material Handler or would it be to heavy?

Jim, the shear is from Eric Pioszak / Gaz Evans. It's the MSD 2500.
Yes, the Atlas Copco would fit the Case CX 240BMH if you fit a proper quickcoupler (probably Himobo's 6,5 / 6,5 mm). But in real life it would probably be too heavy. The CC 3300 is designed for a 30-50 ton excavator, while the CX 240B MH is just shy of 28 tons. A CC 2500 would be ideal for this model, but that's not available. My solution would be to enhance the CX 240B MH's weight. Either with extra ballast, or with a heavier (larger and probably extendable) undercarriage.

A crane has to be transported ofcourse. And with a demo-machine with a lot of (heavy) attachments, you need something special. Well, the truck-trailer is pretty standard NZG. But instead of a tipper body, the Actros has been fitted with a Siku flatbed with opening side-and rear.

Complete combination.

Truck with new loadingbed and demo-attachments (all of these also fit my two R 954C demo models sticks).

Trailer with the excavator.

Because I also wanted a normal stick, I modified a Liebherr A 924C stick so it could handle the A 904C MH sorting grab and other smaller attachments. I just eed to modify the boom so the hydraulic hoses can be connected.

Excavator in working order.

Attachments (not even everything). These only fit the small stick though.

Mercedes 8x4 with the new loading bed.

Remko