DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CCM hits it out of the park with the Cat D9H, DD9H & S x S D9H models next in the 1/48 series!!! Options · View
SoCal 1/50
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:07:56 AM

Groups: Member

With all the hype CCM had already increased the amount of production. The DD9H and SxS have been increased by 50% to 375 pieces. I would not be surprised it the total number goes even higher.
diesel michael
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:34:18 AM

SoCal 1/50 wrote:
With all the hype CCM had already increased the amount of production. The DD9H and SxS have been increased by 50% to 375 pieces. I would not be surprised it the total number goes even higher.

Thats usually the only detail CCM misses , they dont seem to make enough
Man I cant wait

"DO IT IN THE DIRT"
jdofmemi
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:32:20 AM

Wow!
Another blow to the budget to land at least 2 versions of these. They look wonderful, and if they are anywhere near the quality of the D-10's they will be great.

Welcome Eric O. Great to have you posting.

Jerry
leo-cat
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 8:52:42 AM

RowanH wrote:
Eric, welcome aboard! It truly is an honor to have you posting here on the board. Your contributions to the model and earth moving industry in general has been amazing. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I second that!

When can we expect to see the price for the models? I´d really like to order them but with a tight budget I first need to now what they´re gonna cost me.

Leo
frusso
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:43:22 PM

SoCal 1/50 wrote:

It sounds good! I was afraid to lose these models. Is very hard pre-order models outside USA. Without my top friend Michael (Prtstrdj) help I would not have any of them in my collection.

Michael help me to get the Mammoet 11200 crane and I'm sure that he will help to get these! I hope have money enougth to get one of each!!!

AJG
Posted: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 11:24:12 PM

I'm glad the production # has gone up.Hopefully the price point will be in the D10 range on the D9H.I'm sure the DD9H and the SxS will be higher.
Welcome aboard Eric O.Enjoy your books and look fwd. to reading your posts..

Art
4100serie
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:45:43 AM

The best-looking D9 dozer to my mind... a long-time expectation comes to life !

Welcome Eric ! I really enjoyed your books and your various contributions regarding heavy earthmoving and mining. It's great seeing you sharing your knowledge here !
GusO
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:10:39 AM

wow ,what a model i watched aylwards hh shift one of these last year im excited about this one
and as the lads said what an honour to have you here eric, you just brought back a great memory to me, i remember going to ny in 98 the world trade centre was my first visit on the first morning when we finished viewing i picked up 2 of your books in the bookshop on the ground floor, could not wait to get back to the hotel and get stuck into them.
regards gus.
mackey84
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:34:22 PM

The Eric Orlemann reads this forum? I feel honored to share the forum with him.
Welcome aboard Eric. I look forward to more posts by you. These D9 are fantastic. For the last couple of months I had been looking for an old D9 model. I'll just wait for the CCM model to be released. Just awesome!

Chris
Formu1fan
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:48:06 PM

mackey84 wrote:
The Eric Orlemann reads this forum? I feel honored to share the forum with him.
Welcome aboard Eric. I look forward to more posts by you.

Me too!
I have been reading your books for as long as i can remember, and i still do. Keep up the outstanding work!Applause

-John
groundedpilot
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:53:38 PM

Ditto with formula1fan and mackey84......

My english language is not good enough to explain my "pride" as sharing the same forum as Eric
(the great.....Smile )

Regards.

Greg
Rossco
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 8:10:33 PM

Iam pretty dissapointed TBH ... Think they should concentrate on New Iron ...

This comes to mind ..

Any Old Iron!
Gavin84w
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:07:04 AM

Rossco wrote:

This comes to mind ..

Any Old Iron!

What do you mean mate, you really like laptops, whizzbang gadgets, no steering wheels and most important no black smoke!! c'mon mate this series and the model choices are from IMO the best era of Caterpillars history with regard to equipment built and we are very lucky for that.
Gavin84w
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:20:50 AM

ECOTITAN wrote:
Well, I guess this is as good a time to post for the first time on this wonderful forum as any. As mentioned in the first post, I was parrt of the team with CCM that brought these Cat D9Hs to life. Many of my friends that post on this forum already know how much I love these special D9H dozers. A few of you out there know how long I have been working on these with CCM as well. And yes, I was also a major force behind the 666 as well, as with most of the others (not 988 though). I have told many I would not post until these Cat pieces were officially announced by CCM. Well that day has happened, and now I am posting. Make no mistake, I have been here since day one and before. But instead of having others post for me, I wil be doing it for myself now. Time has always been a limiting factor in not posting before. But I feel this forum is just too important to the hobby, more so now in these troubled economic times. And we need this hobby to be healthy. I am currently working on 21 model projects with various manufacturers (some of them simply amazing) so I have a lot riding on it.

The CCM Cat D9H, DD9H, and SxS D9H pictured here are the first metal protos shipped of these models. As already pointed out, the black grilles and exhaust are for prototyping only. The final versions will all have yellow grilles, filters, and engines, with silver exhausts. There are also a host of refinements being made to all three versions, such as missing hydraulic-over-air control lines, logos, and other assorted details. All are being addressed by the manufacturer even as we speak. By the way, the builder of these was also the builder of the D10s as well, another of my projects with CCM.

Hope this post was of some help, and hope it will be the first of many.

Eric O.

Eric, fantastic to see you on here! 2003 to 2010 must be some sort of a record to get the first post up!!

But in all seriousness this i think shows the punters how special and unique of a model series CCM and you have going here and i was quite glad to be able to be the originator of the post and then have you chime in on such a special model you know intimately.

The feedback to CCM must be off the hook seeing as the run has increased to 375 units within a week, going to be an expensive year and depending how you look at it would we rather have you spending time posting here as this should reduce your time for model projects and ease our expenditure or look forward to minimal posts as this will give you more time for Cat model projects with CCM!!

Rossco
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 3:46:49 PM

Gavin84w wrote:
Rossco wrote:

This comes to mind ..

Any Old Iron!

What do you mean mate, you really like laptops, whizzbang gadgets, no steering wheels and most important no black smoke!! c'mon mate this series and the model choices are from IMO the best era of Caterpillars history with regard to equipment built and we are very lucky for that.

Yeah I see your Point of view .. But I like Laptops, Joysticks and Computer screens ..

They should knock a 24M out or Simmilar in proper 1/50 scale IMO .. Maybe an Old 992 might get the approval Teeth
diesel michael
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 6:53:03 PM

Well I think CCM should keep doin what their doin , these D9H's are probably going to sell out faster then any other model ever made , everyone loves them, just as everyone loves old iron ,
KEEP IT UP CCM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"DO IT IN THE DIRT"
a Cutter
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:00:23 PM

Gavin84w wrote:
would we rather have you spending time posting here as this should reduce your time for model projects and ease our expenditure or look forward to minimal posts as this will give you more time for Cat model projects with CCM!!

LOL How about posting here for now and slowing the $$$ hemorrhagePray .....oh and yeah with pics to go along!WinkAni

Rossco wrote:
Gavin84w wrote:
Rossco wrote:

This comes to mind ..

Any Old Iron!

Yeah I see your Point of view .. But I like Laptops, Joysticks and Computer screens ..

They should knock a 24M out or Simmilar in proper 1/50 scale IMO .. Maybe an Old 992 might get the approval Teeth

Hey if you wait around long enough the 24M would eventually become a classic/vintage machine.Whistle

Chris
Rossco
Posted: Friday, January 15, 2010 8:47:49 PM

Quote:
Hey if you wait around long enough the 24M would eventually become a classic/vintage machine.

Chris

Will be Hover Graders by then ... And I will be reminiscing about the Good old days when Joysticks controls kept the operator skill in the job instead of fancy brain-Tap controls of the future .
Greasemonkey
Posted: Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:43:48 AM

Rossco wrote:
Will be Hover Graders by then ... And I will be reminiscing about the Good old days when Joysticks controls kept the operator skill in the job instead of fancy brain-Tap controls of the future .

I won't hold my breath until they can get the electronics on the 24Ms to the point that they actually work right. They are slowly getting closer though, not bad, it's only taken a couple years...lol.

Brian
RowanH
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 10:12:43 AM

Friday, May 27, 2011
Model Updates
Caterpillar D9H/DD9H/SxS

- http://ccmodels.com/upcoming-D9H.html
- Samples are expected in 1-2 weeks. If they are approved, it will take 4-6 weeks for production to complete.

http://classicconstructionmodels.blogspot.com/

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator