DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Another 1000 Tonne Mobile Crane Options · View
Just John
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 12:03:18 PM
Groups: Member

Look at this website.

http://www.vertikal.net/en/news/story/99684/

I hadn't heard this one was coming. Amazing on several fronts.
Just John
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 12:06:47 PM

For some reason this link isn't working properly, so click on the story about the Sany AT 1000 Tonner.

Sorry.
Just John
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 12:09:42 PM

JohnGalt
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 12:22:12 PM

Wow, what a coincidence: it looks a little bit like a 11200! I wonder if Liebherr will mind.
Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:39:20 PM

So.. Sany has, under disguise of a Chinese crane company, bought a Liebherr LTM 11200-9.1 and reversed engineered (i.e. copied) it... Well, judging from previous Chinese copies, they may look the same, but the quality is not.... Not talking Not talking Not talking

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
Jack.
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:46:53 PM

Its obviously a coppy 11200!!!like remko said, its probably naff

Heavy Cranes
GCS
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 1:53:17 PM

Looks like a crappy knock off

- John
Paul
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:02:00 PM

GCS wrote:
Looks like a crappy knock off

Absolutely......

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

A I Nikolis
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:19:14 PM

JohnGalt wrote:
Wow, what a coincidence: it looks a little bit like a 11200! I wonder if Liebherr will mind.

I'd rather say 90% Whistle Just a copy pasta with some changes.. even the boom head is terrifyingly similar. I honestly don't see why they can't come up with their own design. Or what even impresses me more is that Liebherr even allowed them to use this similar design (though I am not sure if they need permission. As long as they don't write "Liebherr" on the crane, they are probably allowed to make a similar design).
Also this is not the first Sany crane that is similar to Liebherr. Some of their crawlers also have similar designs, the counterweights for example.

Here are two links (each link shows one picture) to show some more similarities.

http://media.messe-muenchen.de/baumaChina/Standard_e/AssetServlet/bauma_china_2008_as1971.jpg?recordView=SearchResult_ThumbnailView&catalogID=1&recordID=89582&errorURL=../Error.jsp

http://media.messe-muenchen.de/baumaChina/Standard_e/AssetServlet/bauma_china_2008_as1261.jpg?recordView=SearchResult_ThumbnailView&catalogID=1&recordID=89553&errorURL=../Error.jsp

//Alexander
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 3:01:03 PM

yeah i was going to say it looks dead nuts for an 11200.... like previously stated, wonder how Liebherr will feel about that. those Chinese are a not smart enough to come up with their own design, makes me sick that they have to cheat to stay in the game!
greenbean
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 3:59:52 PM

i really hate copys of anything=>:-< but didnt this happen awhile ago with some other companys? read a story about somthing like it but cant remeber whered'oh!

-Jack
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 4:39:38 PM

I can't wait for MZG or WZI or Konrad to make this in 1/50 scale Teeth Teeth

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Jim_sparky
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 4:53:40 PM

The one down fall of the Chinese machines is their steel is no where the quality.. I would love to see it lifting 1,000ton.
Boom Logistics in Australia had some Chinese made Cranes the Rumor was that they sent them back cos the booms kept bending.

Regards
James Muldoon
From the Land Down Under
DeWoc19
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 4:58:46 PM

Jim_sparky wrote:

The one down fall of the Chinese machines is their steel is no where the quality.. I would love to see it lifting 1,000ton.
Boom Logistics in Australia had some Chinese made Cranes the Rumor was that they sent them back cos the booms kept bending.

yeah well they also you lead in paint, not exactly the brightest of people in some aspects of technology!
gbarnewall
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:06:10 PM

I think its all down to copyrights companies have with designs,it could be the fact that they'll never sell a unit outside of china,or perhaps some patents of the 11200 haven't been granted in asia who knows,

as for why not come up with their own design?,why not? remember asthetics is irrelivant in this industry,buy a liebherr 11200,and copy it,it will cut production time by a huge amount,allowing the crane to hit customers as soon as possible,and thats money in your pocket which is what selling is all about

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

GusO
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:37:15 PM

wow it looks great, what a beast
jcbjs220
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:38:19 PM

Just think aswell, china are probably more likely to buy a chinease brand... and be loyall to their own country. So liebherr have probably sold the design to sany so that they can sell in china. Underneeth its a liebherr, just badged engineered for sany. Think, liebherr are probably still making money out of it. Every sany machine sold liebherr will probably be getting a rather huge cut!

Same idear as with sumitomo/case excavators.

Remko
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:53:43 PM

Well, initially I also thought it was just copied. But then a Dutch forummember pointed someting out...

http://www.sanycranes.co.za/qay220.php

Especially this:

"7. On the off are used imported Mercedes-Benz engine;"

And:

"8. Drive train components are used in Germany imported products;"

So it's possible that Liebherr helps out here. It might be difficult for them to get a foothold in China, so this would be a good solution.

Remko

Ocean Traders Scale Models Facebook Group
GC1
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 7:56:43 PM

Why wouldn't they place Mercedes engines and componentry in them, they are made there under licence and have been for a nearly four years....your own country set up the factory via Detroit Daimler Chrysler(so you need to accept that even if it grates a bit). Leibherr will definately be getting a leg in the door there or would be buying componentry there already.

http://en.ce.cn/Industries/Auto/200609/18/t20060918_8613755.shtml.

We won't be going through the "backwards" country issue again.
TimT
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 8:17:24 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Not Smart Enough???.... OK. I disagree. I think the dumb ones are right here in the gool ol USA. As we sit watching the Chinese build and grow by any means nessesary, we fall backwards like a house of cards. And copying ideas is what many of the machines that became MASS Produced in the USA were based on..... Western European engineering and development.... can we say Automobile?, Hyd Excavator? What country was Henry Harnischfeger or Alonzo Pawling born in?? and the list goes on and on forever. I can tell you this... One thing the Chinese are not.. is stupid or lazy. They are building some state of the art things in the heavy shipbuilding and offshore industry, and the mining business is likely to far surpass anything we have seen for decades. Ask the Aussies if the Chinese are good customers... "they own some of the biggest mines in that country by the way".... they are eating iron ore as fast as the Aussies can mine it,coal also.... You can add the Koreans to that list also.
Right now the Chinese are driving the demand for all the wonderful machines we like so much, not the USA, or Europe, no sir. Ask Liebherr or Terex who is buying thousand tonners and bigger, Ask Mammoet what the market for huge lifts and moves is in China, they will be happy to tell you. Who bought the second CC 8800 Twin....AND put it to work as a twin. Ask Lampson who just bought he biggest Transi-Lift ever made.... and guess what, the Chinese will be building them bigger and better in very short order ..copy or not... Lots of folks here in the USA need to wake up.