DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Another 1000 Tonne Mobile Crane Options · View
A I Nikolis
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 6:13:28 PM

Groups: Member

RowanH wrote:

Photos: Brian Carlisle

That is probably from Bauma China or something. Do you have any more pictures (or a link to more pictures?)? Btw look at the counterweights... they are exact copies of the Liebherr ones that are used on LR 1600 among others.

//Alexander
JesseP
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 7:13:24 PM

Anybody here involved in the Tea Party movement? Or any other Pro change groups? Just curious, as there is a lot of ranting about how bad America is and how screwed up we are in the grand scheme of things WORLDWIDE, but how many besides myself are actually doing anything???Think Please reply I am only curious, not looking to start another large discussion.. But let's see who actually is putting their "money", where their "mouth is......
TimT
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 8:53:19 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I have joined a couple of groups or sites, like "Mine The Vote" and other domestic energy related sites....

I should just leave at this, I am breaking our own rules by getting into politics otherwise.

I know that looks are not a matter of function, but those cranes sure don't look cheap or poorly built to me. A few years ago, who ever heard of a Chinese Bauma??? Its just a matter of time and we will buying those cranes and lots more right here in the USA and the rest of the world. They have the ability to destroy the market for many US and European mfgs already.
JesseP
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 9:08:16 PM

Your right, I forgot about the rules.. This would be better suited for the Lounge area,,d'oh!
RowanH
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 9:40:23 PM

A I Nikolis wrote:
[quote=RowanH]Quote

Please check you MSG's.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

gohkleng
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 2:37:02 AM

OK, those who blast Chinese for the "copy cat" crane, you're just like a flog inside the well, your sky is just a small circle..d'oh!

Senario are like this,
If a country is having huge gold mine, will they(goverment) dig themself or let other (foreigner) to dig away?? and only require them to pay some tax?
These are all lesson learn, from history of china and other country. See indonesia, a country full of natural resources, why the country still poor? How many mines are operated by foreigner?

China market is a huge piece of cake. Everyone are trying to enter the market, but the chinese goverment putting barrier for it to protect their interest. In order to enter china market(for this type of business) you need to joint venture with the local company. So all 3 parties are benefit from it.

Sany is one of the door for foreigner brand into china market.

Therefore you can see, sany products are similar to most products by other brand names like hitachi, terex, etc.

So, it is not counterfeited product, it is a joint venture product at lower cost.

In my opinion, it is indeed a low cost & affordable product if the buyer has limited fund, (like most of you said low quality) The crane is similar to LTM11200, why it is not label as 1200 tonner? 1000 ton instead? They know it is not as good quality as one made in Germany, therefore they label it as 1000 ton. So it is still do the job well & safe, with 200 ton lesser.

Beside, it has a very nice cab!! a scania alike cab as someone here said... I hopping for a model of it nowTeeth
craneman
Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 11:17:12 PM

Tim, as usual you are right on the money