DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Zon Models Options · View
ozcranedude
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 6:33:16 AM

Groups: Member

Any got a or know anything about " Zon CC2000 " are they any good and whats a fair price and and AC1600Think Think

Wayne
mariot
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 12:24:01 PM

Hello Wayne,

I bought my Zon Demag CC2000 perhaps 15 years (or more) ago. The model is made of "white metal", a soft metal with plastic parts. The crawler frames, carbody, upperstructure are metal that required some filing to fit the parts together. The boom and crawler pads are plastic. I used epoxy for joining the metal parts together. and Plastruct liquid cement for plastic parts. The crawler tracks move smoothly. Sheaves are plastic. The drums (plastic) are free-spooling, so I had to improvise and make some sort of ratchet devide to hold a load. There were no boom stops, so I added my own (haven't painted them yet!!)

I painted my model in the colors of Gerosa, although Gerosa never had a Demag in thier roster.

One thing of note: the instructions were in Dutch, and a bear to work with!! Not particularly well illustrated either. But not a bad looking crane when completed. Sorry, I can't help you with the AC1600.

Here are few pics:

IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj63/marcat1953/Marios%20models/DemagCC2000CrawlerCrane-detail02-1.jpg[/IMG]

Hopefully this answers some questions. I don't know of the availability of this model these days.

Bobm2004
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 12:59:14 PM

Groups: Member , Moderator

I have the ZON AC1600. If you have a AC500 or a GMK7550 you might tend to think of the ZON model as cheap as it is a combination of plastic and white diecast. The boom must be pinned into position as the cylinders are just for show. However that said, in their day they were one of very the best offered, provided more detail and offered numerous liveries and built items no else did. So in my opinion it is a fantastic model full of detail and well worth the money. It can be displayed in transport mode as well as fully rigged and will look great.

Bob
Bobs Cranes

Come Over To The Lift Side . . . . . . . We Have Cookies!!!!
ulf
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 1:56:26 PM

Nice pics of a model one doesn't see often here... Cool

gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 2:39:36 PM

thanks for posting this golden oldie,in my past 10 yrs or so collecting I have never seen one built up and painted,super looking crane

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Paul R
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 3:10:17 PM

These are not great pics as they were taken some time ago, but here is the AC1600 and CC2000 that I have:

Paul R
bigcranes
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 4:00:28 PM

Very nice! I have been tempted by that CC2000 many times, I should just buy it and be done.

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
PileDriving
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 6:43:28 PM

mariot wrote:

*DROOLS* Man I want one of these models SO BAD. Great job Mario! I saw these CC2000 at DHS open house. I wanted one of these, but I want the kit so I can build it myself.

Justin
ulf
Posted: Friday, September 24, 2010 11:57:42 PM

bigcranes wrote:
... I should just buy it and be done.

Mark

That logic has broken many checking accounts... Cool
Myggen
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:32:54 PM

ulf wrote:
bigcranes wrote:
... I should just buy it and be done.
Mark

That logic has broken many checking accounts... Cool

Funny, this JUST happened to me! i was looking for my kibri/herpa post, and saw this post above.

30 min ago i won a bid on a Demag CC2000 from the german ebay.

I will be broke the next month because of this damn crane!, but whatever, the human body should be able to live without food for 1 month, and there is a little pond nearby where i can go when i need something to drink :D

Cant wait to get it in the fleet :D

stegro84
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:13:57 PM

Nice one Myggen! I've been watching that one on Ebay!
should be worth the month of starvation lol.
QuAD
Posted: Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:23:11 PM

Hoi

For you that are interested I have 3 old Zon Kits for sale.
2x Goldhofer THP4 and 1 lowboy- floor.

ulf
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 2:42:46 AM

Myggen wrote:

I will be broke the next month because of this damn crane!, but whatever, the human body should be able to live without food for 1 month, and there is a little pond nearby where i can go when i need something to drink :D

Cant wait to get it in the fleet :D

The potential hardships seem to justify the purchase... Cool
RMS Models
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 11:27:46 AM

Gentlemen,

FYI

Just noticed that one Demag CC2000 and one TC2000 kits are available for purchase in the DHS Classifieds.

Randy M. Smolenack
RMSmodels@aol.com
randy.m.smolenack@us.army.mil
Steve
Posted: Monday, September 27, 2010 10:16:36 PM

Like mentioned, the CC-2000 is NOT an easy model to assemble. EACH metal piece needs to be fitted (not to mention all metal needs to be de-burred first,including all the plastic pieces). Working with the soft metal is dirty and you will have a pile of metal shavings in the end. It's file fit,file fit,file fit ALL the way through. A slower setting epoxy works best and you need to be VERY careful clamping parts (they ARE very soft) and will deform/bend very easily. It's best to make a jig to keep the lattice boom pieces square AND be VERY VERY careful with the glue. SOME glues WILL melt and deform the plastic. Assembly instructions ?!?!?!? If you can understand an exploded view of the model,you'll be fine. Rigging, do your home work. It IS and can be a very frustrating model to assemble. Take your time and walk away from it when you get frustrated. It was one of the most frustrating headbanging models I've ever assembled and I loved EVERY maddening second. I also built mine with the Super Lift option. It's a model you'll love to hate.
LatticeCraneMan
Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:13:44 PM

They were the coolest cranes when nothing in lattice like that was available ....you got that right file then fill with putty the gaps and file some more before painting !

Chet

I live in my own little world it's ok they know me here
JohnGalt
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 12:47:57 AM

Bump
mariot
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 3:07:37 PM

Hello everyone,
Pleasant surprise seeing my Zon model crane painted in Gerosa colors in the forum. A flashback. Now, I can't remember when I got that model, but the dates I see on the forum indicate 2010, so I'll go with that. I still have it in my crane roster here at home. The posts here remind me of what it took to assemble that piece. I used two-part epoxy, and as everyone else here noted, it required fililing the white metal before assembly for proper fit.

If they are still available, and from the posts I see here, probably not. As someone said, it's not a beginners model. But I remember back then, they were the only big lattice boom crane models available at the time. Nowadays, the choice of big crawler cranes is huge.

For anyone who happens to find one of those Zon models, I wish them the best in assembling. Take your time, and be patient. And as a reminder, the boom sections were made of ABS plastic, and are delicate. A jig may be helpful in ensuring squareness. The connection ears on the sections are particularly fragile. I do have extra boom sections (assembled and painted red) for mine.

Best of wishes,
Mario T
kokosing Const Co
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 11:14:53 AM

Wow, some old names in here that don't post anymore...wonder where they went and how they're doing? Bob, Ulf...
Myggen
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2021 4:37:59 PM

kokosing Const Co wrote:
Wow, some old names in here that don't post anymore...wonder where they went and how they're doing? Bob, Ulf...

...Myggen Teeth

Been long time since i posted anything here also, i hope you are all doing fine in these corona times.

Funny to see that i got my CC2000 10 years ago Cool

I still have my TC2000 ready to assamble, the parts are painted and ready, and they have been like that for many years LOL, lazy me Liar

Not that lazy tho, in the meantime i got a electrician education and now im just working as one..., after education, i got a present for myself...a nice little gottwald crane, i will update my "Myggens crane collection" post in a minute. Whatever