DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Super Secret Photos of the P&H 4100XPC Model! Options · View
admin
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 5:43:10 PM
Groups: Administration

Hello all,

Some of you know I just returned from China. While there I visited the factory that is making the TWH P&H4100XPC Model (Part number TWH063). This model has been delayed due to a number of factors - many relating to obtaining factory time to produce it. But I can tell you for certain that the model is worth the wait!

The factory had the first metal sample out on the table and I was able to snap a few photos of it before anyone showed up for the review meeting. The model is painted in white just for review purposes. The final model will be in traditional P&H yellow and dark gray garb.

This is an AMAZING model. You will not believe the detail! In my opinion, the model is even better than the Bucyrus 495 model! And this is just the first metal sample! (As you can tell, I am pumped up about this model).

If you have not placed an order for this machine, you need to do it today. I have heard the delivery is actually scheduled for April 2011. I would not wait as there are not too many left to order!

Paul R
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 6:15:15 PM

Groups: Member

OMG!! That looks quite something! Good to see it in the flesh so to speak.

Paul R
"BIG JOHN"
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 6:16:40 PM

Looks great, but with being here in the UK I still can't decide on taking the risk of the additional overseas purchase costs involved!?Confused
Boatboy6
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 8:25:18 PM

wow, that looks beautiful!

Arioch

a Cutter
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 8:37:42 PM

"BIG JOHN" wrote:
Looks great, but with being here in the UK I still can't decide on taking the risk of the additional overseas purchase costs involved!?Confused

Wouldn't there be some line of distribution over there that would be selling these without an greatly inflated price? This would be (in my book) one model, at least for us dirt guys that would be worth getting.

All I can say is that I'm glad that I put my order in long ago and that things are continuing to move forward.

Thanks for, perhaps taking a risk there Chuck, by getting those photos and posting them here.

Chris
DPD1
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 8:58:14 PM

Geez, just the bucket alone is amazing.

Dave
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 10:20:14 PM

super photos! this shovel has had me thinking,its hard to say no when you have the 495HR too,

has anyone heard anything on the price,specifically here in Europe,I think I seen one web shop which had it at €850,just for the record that is $1164,I got my 495HR for €500,will the assumed €350 more be in functionality,or........... have we any news on features and detail?

Looks a super model,had I money available she'd be got Teeth time to sell that 3rd kidney Wink

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Bobm2004
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 10:31:06 PM

Groups: Member , Moderator

Chuck-do you think they would let me paint the prototype, I have a red and black scheme that would look great on it!

Bob
Bobs Cranes

Come Over To The Lift Side . . . . . . . We Have Cookies!!!!
glenhd
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 11:35:09 PM

Bobm2004 wrote:
Chuck-do you think they would let me paint the prototype, I have a red and black scheme that would look great on it!

Hey Cookie Monster hands off Pal....Wink

CLAP CLAP CLAP EM!!!!!!!!!!!

"TRIPLE NICKLE" BABY

A little something for a good friend......ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigcranes
Posted: Friday, November 12, 2010 11:46:20 PM

Since I don't own a mining shovel, I cannot really put the size into perspective. However, the details certainly look great!

Mark

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
leo-cat
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:13:25 AM

Oh my God, thank you sooooo much for sharing these pictures with us. This thing look absolutly stagering. I can´t wait to get mine!

Leo
gohkleng
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 5:05:39 AM

I hope I am the first to receive the model...Since I had paid in full!! Smile
Chris5500
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 6:45:49 AM

gohkleng wrote:
I hope I am the first to receive the model...Since I had paid in full!! Smile

Your not the only one! Wink

mayrklaus
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 11:18:49 AM

hello

it lokks great.
mitchtim
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 11:36:49 AM

Awesome model. From my knowledge of this machine, as I have been on many of them at mines around the world, the only little discrepency I can see is the top of the dipper handle. It is constructed as a smoth box section, i.e. the side plates dont overlap the top plate. This might be to assist to make the model work so I am not too critical of it.

Again a fantastic model and I cant wait to get mine!

Mitchtim
alvinyau
Posted: Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:50:32 PM

Great looking model and photos - highly expected! thanks !!! measures on packaging (e.g. upon opening the flips of box, a notice saying diecast metal model with long metal parts, etc.)be in place to make sure Customs will not suspect and damage it is highly recommended. my 1/50 ohs 4100xpb been damaged by Customs before - what's a great disappointment! surely i will get one for me to pair up with my w/b xpb. my worry and hesitation is what shippping cost will be!
hummer13
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 1:24:09 PM

Oh man great shots, can not wait to finally get this model. I am also glad to have paid in full for this beauty. I showed the wife and all she could say was where are you going to put that? I just said where ever it fits in, a nice center piece for the dining room tableTeeth I will just say I got the "look"

Come on AprilApplause

JAson

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
groad
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 2:04:01 PM

It looks like a top-notch model. Has the lift cable separation problem found on the 495s been solved for this model?
mariot
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 4:22:09 PM

I agree, it's a fantastic-looking model. Groad asks a good question: Has the lift cable separation(from the hoist drum) problem found on the 495s been solved for this model?? To his question I add: is there enough cable on the drum to allow the dipper to rest fully on the ground?? I don't want to have to open up this one to fix those issues!! I had to do so to fix my 495.

In any case, I look forward to receiving this fabulous piece. It'll look great in anybody's collection and sitting next to a Bucyrus 495.
micko
Posted: Monday, November 15, 2010 5:28:34 PM

Applause
Fantastic photos wish i could buy it.
Model Price + Postage +20% tax on both, Too much.
So why did TWH turn its back on the UK fans.
Mick