DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

ALE's Gottwald AK912 Options · View
Casson
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:46:58 PM
Groups: Member

Hi Folks
Bad news about AK912 i have just spent the winter building the backmast for my model
awaiting some fine weather for a rig up and test prior to showing at Gaydon in june. Spoke to A lift supervisor at A.L.E earlier to day good freind of mine says as you can imagine A.L.E not best pleased
having spent million plus on a rebuild. Plus it is fully booked loads of work. Caxton international assesing damage. If i hear anything else i will post
Jack.
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:51:08 PM

I feel sorry for ALE, the trailer looks abit bashed too! I read there struggling and making redundancies.

Heavy Cranes
jibtickler
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:55:52 PM

Gaz wrote:

Its up the right way now, got recovered yesterday. Damage assessment to be done. Hopefully not too bad.

Gaz

Whoops........ Big Whoops. looks like it was all to do with the trailers hydraulic suspension groupings. Looks as though it could have been grouped in four seperate circuits instead of the more stable 3 circuits, hence its now on its side. d'oh!

in memory of Biscuit. dearly loved RIP 28.10.08
jibtickler
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:02:01 PM

Jack. wrote:
I read there struggling and making redundancies.

Most definately not struggling Jack Theyre very much inundated with work over here in the UK and Worldwide. in fact theyre recruitiing for more staff all the while.

Theyre giving everyone a hard time to compete for work . Mammoet, Sarens and Ainscough. ALE win an awful lot of SPMT and Heavy lift crane jobs and jacking skidding

Theyve been here a long while and i expect them to be here at the end of the earth.

http://www.ale-heavylift.com/human-resources/job-vacancies/

in memory of Biscuit. dearly loved RIP 28.10.08
Gaz
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:09:41 PM

Hate to say it but personal experience says I personally can never see me working ALE, I have worked closely with them and the way they treat there employee's is a little, shall we say 'harsh'. They are under paid and not treated well. There turn around of people is quick so they are always looking to people to fill the spaces of people who have had enough and left!

Gaz
argie
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:39:51 PM

Looks like a typical ALE scenario. Stick a top heavy crane on a beam trailer. Anyone with an ounce of common should see it would be better on a full width bed. Rumour has it that ALE's dominance of the girder trailer market is being challenged in the UK by Allellys and their big, ex Artexte trailer. Totally agree with your comments about how they treat their lads aswell Gaz, I've heard the same myself.
Paul
DWW
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:48:29 PM

Heard they have just made 70 redundent .

Davids Heavy transport photos.
alberto quijano
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:53:33 PM

reading this its like people are happy to see a accident for their bad personal experience, for me its a accident like other company have, even if I have good experience with them or not. My computer have some good pictures of crane accident but I´m personally never publish it. Also its from a my not prefered companies.

best regards
Alberto Quijano Smile
DWW
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:59:48 PM

The main thing is no one was hurt or worse .

Cranes can be repaired .

Davids Heavy transport photos.
Gaz
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:13:14 PM

alberto quijano wrote:
reading this its like people are happy to see a accident for their bad personal experience, for me its a accident like other company have, even if I have good experience with them or not. My computer have some good pictures of crane accident but I´m personally never publish it. Also its from a my not prefered companies.

I am not happy to see this at all, I know many of the people who where on this job in person and do not wish this on anyone. Yes I have had bad experiences with ALE and I do not approve of the way they treat some of there employee's but this mishap could have easily really hurt someone, fortunately it did not. If anything it is sad to see such a legendary crane is such a predicament.

This post is aimed at the crane's uncertain future NOT ALE, what happened has not been found out or is being shared by ALE so i'll not speculate on a cause, all I have done is shared what has happened.

I don't know you manage it but just about every time you post Alberto you set my teeth on edge, i'm not sure if its your badly worded english (yes I know your spanish) or the fact you seem so arrogant, I don't know if it is your intension to come across so insulting but this is why you have upset so many people on this forum.

Best regards
Gaz Whistle
alberto quijano
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:42:43 PM

gaz, youre free to said this as I was free to said other things in the past. For me my bad english is enough to write you - I prefer spanish- but I understand this is a english write forum and youre a clever english boy enough inteligent to read my bad english but at all I see you understand me. thats good.
Respect I´m upset probably its true, but I receive other 50% of people saying I´m ok, this is not so important for me I try always to said what I think, thats all, sometimes I was wrong sometimes I was true. But many people usually dont recognize this, usually when some other guy was true.
I was banned from a german forum because some of my ideas and comentaries was not wellcome... for me I can undersntand this but I cant stop saying my opinions because I feel free. But trust me boy, I never publish a accident from no one company who have a accident.

have a nice night
Alberto
Gaz
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:59:13 PM

alberto quijano wrote:
But trust me boy, I never publish a accident from no one company who have a accident

Trust me boy!!!!!Whatever , how old you think i am! See what I mean about insulting!

I have many photo's of this accident, sent to me from minutes after it happened. I had enough respect for ALE to keep these to myself (As you can read earlier in the post). The picture I put up is in general circulation, I found it on the internet, it is up on Facebook and is by no means a private picture, those are for my eyes only.

Gaz