DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

wsi ltm 1350 Options · View
hang330c
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 3:01:04 AM

Groups: Member

some pics with the Y guy tightened.

Also the Y guy in transportation mode don't stay in its place. both sides just fall off the support in the front d'oh!
favco500
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:19:34 AM

Got my Mammoet version today,to late in the day to check it, had to go and chase the fed ex guy but I'll be checking tomorrow when I get home from work,I did notice on brief openining of box, penants are bent,when I get home from work tomorrow I'll be right into it,take pic's of what other problems I might find,more later,cheers Steve.
favco500
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 2:21:54 AM

Well checked it out,not very happy with it,too many little problems,ballast tray doesn't just slip on(few mods to make it fit),bent pendants,when you sit the crane on the bench not all the wheels touch the bench,beacon light fell off the upper structure(glued that back on)working hand rails don't fit as they should and found the boom tip on 1 section was not joined(glued that back on to)it's just little things like this that make you wonder,

Aside from this it is a nice detailed model and haveing the metal boom cylinder with grub screw is a nice touch,saves buying YCC cylinders,lost interest after these little problems this so when I get back to it I'll probably find more,
The boom sections are thin alloy and boom tips are plastic,same as TWH groves,Steve.
Paul
Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:48:45 AM

Steve, if possible I would have sent that back - it's simply not good enough and hopefully both Liebherr and Mammoet have been watching the release of the LTM1350.....

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

favco500
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:49:53 AM

Paul,I bought this 1 from Mammoet Store,if I didn't live half a world away i probably would send it back,but Miranda at Mammoet Store is very helpful with any replacements that you might need if a model turns up with a problem,I have fixed most of the small problems,bit of glue here and there and straightening the
pendants very carefully,but there are some problems I can't fix but that's when I will email Miranda at Mammoet and for sure she will help me out,I am not saying this is acceptable but with a new releases on the market that may have been pushed for release you end up with problems,it looks like the AC 1000 from Conrad is suffering the same problem from reports I've seen.
Mammoet Store is very helpful,I had a bent pendant on the back A frame for the luffer on the 11200,Miranda sent me a new one inside a Mammoet pen so that it
wouldn't get bent in the post,so I have no problems at all with Mammoet Store's sevice,excellent is all I can say,Steve.
favco500
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:53:44 AM

PS,Mammoet store told me they hope to receive the luffing jib for the 1350 by the end of the year.
Paul
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:59:52 AM

Hi Steve, yes, that's what I was being mindful of - that it maybe came from half way around the globe and sending the whole model back wasn't practible.

That's nice to see that the Mammoet Store appreciate it has a very long delivery distance to go and are so helpful. Hats off to excellent service.

Yes, I also saw on Hansebube that there are some issues with the AC1000.

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.