DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

CUSTOM 1:50 SPMT MODULE SPACER TUBE: suits NZG Options · View
Brett G
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 10:18:27 PM

Groups: Member

proto pics:

The beam is metal and the bits with the lifting eyes and holes for hydraulic hoses are metal but the end pieces are plastic.

It is not an exact copy of the drawings for a couple of reasons:

1: The drawings you sent are of a Mammoet beam (not one of our own designs) and we didn't feel comfortable copying it.
2: We were not confident that the bits with the lifting eyes once scaled down were not strong enough!

i'll give you the sellers details later when they say there ready to take orders.... PM me as there a UK ebay seller.

big thanks goes to paul for the CAD & contact to Emiel for all the detailed info schematics etc & Penny model maker.

cheers: guys

Sent from my HTC M10 - Rooted , using S-OFF , Open Home 6 & Buuf icon packs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ BUILD YOUR OWN PHONE

hummer13
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 11:00:27 PM

Great project idea, I thpight about building a spacer for my spmts just no time

Jason

Nikl Scale Models
nikl scale models shapeways store
Paul
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 5:48:09 AM

Looking good Brett and if you get it painted and finished off with the Mammoet logo and even the hydraulic lines it would be fab.

Smile

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

Robert Heuston
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 6:12:00 AM

I'd like an extendable system similar to this, but to suit Schuerele and Goldhoffer modules.
Brett G
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 6:42:57 AM

Paul wrote:
Looking good Brett and if you get it painted and finished off with the Mammoet logo and even the hydraulic lines it would be fab.

Smile

colors be what ever you order (mine will be sarens/lampson blue)
hydraulic lines i think i will have to add our self but i've sent a email to see if the lines can be done . i know they are very limited to products to get the main structure is not a problem but small items maybe like hosing might be a problem. anyway i asked no harm to ask.

It will be about 200mm long about 20mm longer than the 6 axle module (as in the proto picture). my next lot will be 360mm long about an 8 axle.

Brett G
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 6:51:16 AM

Robert Heuston wrote:
I'd like an extendable system similar to this, but to suit Schuerele and Goldhoffer modules.

i was thinking same as you also but also spacer tubes for a side by side for wider loads if it's possible (i have none too view for close up inspection) IE: LR1600 super structure or M18000 etc

that's my next modules for my collection.

curiosity
can they be linked up side by side ? with a push pull ? like in these video's
i want to copy this setup also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Br7JKQMKE&list=FLTEP9VIioeVrwl9sVwx0XoQ&index=136

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx86sjWVwa4&list=FLTEP9VIioeVrwl9sVwx0XoQ

unfortunately my work comp funds are 90% now so takes a bit longer to save for my goodies - sucks being laid up with a fractured spine.

Brett G
Posted: Sunday, November 03, 2013 9:16:47 PM

Hydraulic hoses - You ruined my surprise for you!! - They will be on the finished beams.

Logo's - I don't add company or manufacturer logo's to my products before I sell them because I have not asked for permission to do so and I wouldn't want to upset anyone!! Also, each of the colours I use suit more than one company/manufacturer. So, by not adding a logo, it gives each customer the choice, if they wish, to customise any product further.

Extendable system - Not something I could currently do, sorry . I have tried making extendable lifting beams in the past but the only beam & tubes I have found available are made to fit beautifully together without painting so you can't paint the extension (the bit of the beam that goes into the tube), just the ends, as the paint makes it too tight or it just rips the paint off, so the result is not a good look! Solid spacer tubes only.

The guys are waiting for the other SPMT to arrive from another site to finish the pre setup for the big shift.

Ironstef70
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 11:20:41 PM

I like the way you figured out the lower connections.

A quick look at the real SPMTs shows that those connectors on WSI's scale models don't really match (they are located higher on the frame). I'm about to be there with mines and I will probably cap the ends of the tubes too, but add the connectors over it rather than through as yours.

Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:42:32 AM

Ironstef70 wrote:

A quick look at the real SPMTs shows that those connectors on WSI's scale models don't really match (they are located higher on the frame). I'm about to be there with mines and I will probably cap the ends of the tubes too, but add the connectors over it rather than through as yours.

i cant take the credit for making them i just asked a friend in UK who makes all my crane rigging if they could make them.

any sneak pics of your project nice to see them

towoc999
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 10:49:04 AM

very nicely done , looks very accurate another good addition of odd parts .
Ironstef70
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:48:08 PM

Brett G wrote:
Ironstef70 wrote:

i cant take the credit for making them i just asked a friend in UK who makes all my crane rigging if they could make them.

Sure, here it is. I wanted to do it yesterday, bu for some reason, there's always a delay in the Photobucket website until the url link becomes available, once you posted photos.

"/>

Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:53:06 PM

Brett G wrote:
Ironstef70 wrote:

Sure, here it is. I wanted to do it yesterday, bu for some reason, there's always a delay in the Photobucket website until the url link becomes available, once you posted photos.

"/>

I made mine as close as possible as those pictured in terms of proportions. I like to print a photo and always be able to "visualise" the real version, in case of doubt on a tolerance. These required a lot of alignment and precision skills. It's no wonder why I don't always sleep immediately as I go to bed d'oh!

Still, most of the worst part is behind, the next challenge being the lower pin connection. I made a pair so they have to be really twins in order to fit righ in the WSI SPMTs.
I should be close to completion by Sunday, with one layer of paint. Then will come the details; decals, hydraulics, well, you know.... Here will be the next challenge:

"/>

I will build 4 ouf them. Got 10 ft of the proper chain size recently (just painted rusty orange). I've just found the right schackles (size) from Germany.

More to come...

Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 5:54:55 PM

I would like to purchase a couple of these, also if any would be available for the goldhofer units I would be interested too

- John
Brett G
Posted: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 6:40:19 PM

Ironstef70 wrote:
Brett G wrote:
Ironstef70 wrote:

"/>

I made mine as close as possible as those pictured in terms of proportions. I like to print a photo and always be able to "visualise" the real version, in case of doubt on a tolerance. These required a lot of alignment and precision skills. It's no wonder why I don't always sleep immediately as I go to bed d'oh!

Still, most of the worst part is behind, the next challenge being the lower pin connection. I made a pair so they have to be really twins in order to fit righ in the WSI SPMTs.
I should be close to completion by Sunday, with one layer of paint. Then will come the details; decals, hydraulics, well, you know.... Here will be the next challenge:

"/>

I will build 4 ouf them. Got 10 ft of the proper chain size recently (just painted rusty orange). I've just found the right schackles (size) from Germany.

More to come...

looking good definitely gong to be strong enough.
i like some of your next project Smile

Ironstef70
Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 8:07:56 PM

Brett G wrote:
proto pics:

The beam is metal and the bits with the lifting eyes and holes for hydraulic hoses are metal but the end pieces are plastic.

It is not an exact copy of the drawings for a couple of reasons:

1: The drawings you sent are of a Mammoet beam (not one of our own designs) and we didn't feel comfortable copying it.
2: We were not confident that the bits with the lifting eyes once scaled down were not strong enough!

i'll give you the sellers details later when they say there ready to take orders.... PM me as there a UK ebay seller.

big thanks goes to paul for the CAD & contact to Emiel for all the detailed info schematics etc & Penny model maker.

cheers: guys

Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 8:10:53 PM

Hello Brett,

I am almost done with my own SPMT spacer beams project but since you mention it in this post, I would like to know how could I get the original Mammoet drawings (andéor more pictures of the real ones) so to keep in my records (and also validate some details in my own version?

Thanks,

SJ

Posted: Monday, November 11, 2013 9:00:30 PM

Ironstef70 wrote:
Hello Brett,

I am almost done with my own SPMT spacer beams project but since you mention it in this post, I would like to know how could I get the original Mammoet drawings (andéor more pictures of the real ones) so to keep in my records (and also validate some details in my own version?

Thanks,

SJ

i'll get back too you mate
im little busy locating family in philippines

Ironstef70
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:12:18 AM

Brett G wrote:
Ironstef70 wrote:
Hello Brett,

Thanks,

SJ

i'll get back too you mate
im little bust locating family in phil

Cool, no problem. Family first!

Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:03:32 AM

ok all the family is ok - the town lost there houses but all alive (except 1 brother inlaw in Ormoc city is missing) they just desperately need food inc for baby's & water. just so hard get anyone to go to the opposite side of the typhoon path on leyte island. the mountain sheltered them some i think. they just got enough signal to txt my sister inlaw in manila then dropped out

Brett G
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 11:04:25 AM

Ironstef70 wrote:
Hello Brett,

Thanks,

SJ

whats your email pm me