DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NEW roxu 1500 8.1 Options · View
BladeCrane
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:41:56 AM
Groups: Member

if there is qc or shipping problems i am one of the unlucky ///9 parts broken rigger //bent Sad Sad Sad sad not mad
P&HFrictionlattice
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 1:08:58 AM

A huge QC problem because I received the same ltm 1500-8.1 Roxu that was basically garbage & I mean destroyed everything was broke & bent . You couldn't even super glue anything back it was so badly damaged . I was sent a replacement ltm 1500-8.1 Roxu & at first I thought everything looked great until a while later when I removed the model out of the box . It looks as though it is a refurbished model or it was made very poorly & it also has several problems but it is a complete model that does work .
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 6:34:14 AM

Ive really wanted this model for a while and have been on the fence about getting it, but after reading this combined with the experience from my coke drum move I may have to pass.

Maybe its too much to ask to have a model arrive undamaged? Not blaming customer service from DHS or any other dealer as they do the best they can to fix a situation. I still find it amazing that NZG can move the LR1600 and LTM11200 to us with not even a blemish in the paint but WSI models look like they were handled by airport rampers.

At the current rate, I wonder how long it will be until we see WSI trucks and cranes sold as plastic model kits in Hobby Lobby ;)

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
Paul R
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 7:20:38 AM

It is a real shame to be honest. I have all the 11200's liveries to date and none have arrived with damage, except Mediaco which NZG sorted quickly. I also have the 1500 liveries and 4 of the 5 have arrived damaged. None were 'badly' damaged and 1 I could fix with some glue and it is not noticeable. 2 others had broken outriggers and parking brackets for the outriggers which I could not repair. One had a broken tab for the Y guy system. WSI changed 1 with no question but a very good dealer (HTM) took the hit on one other, and he didn't even sell it to me! The third one I'm still waiting for the replacement to arrive Sad

The 1500 is a great model and we've been waiting a long time for it. It seems technically accurate but such a shame when they arrive damaged.

Paul R
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 7:43:19 AM

I agree Paul...Maybe its just me, but when I spend big bucks on a model, I expect it to arrive in one piece ready to be displayed.

DeWoc19
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 9:28:40 AM

It has nothing to do with how much you spend, it could be a dollar but its a product that is supposed to be in proper working order, now the more you spend the more you expect, if I was to buy a $50,000 car I would expect perfection, im not going to piss away my hard earned money on crappy quality, if that was the case I would just attempt to make everything on my own then
birdman
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 10:42:36 AM

Hi Guys,

Thought I would add my views,as some of you may be aware I have had several Issues with models from WSI my latest is with the Sarens LTM1350, you get the impression that WSI are not really bothered about quality so long as they can sell them, I emailed WSI customer service 21/03/ 2014 I got a reply on the 02/04/2014 here is there comments regards the LTM1350

"Thanks for your reaction.
We are aware of our packaging problem. And we working on this!
But some dealers send our models by post. And they don’t pack them well.
So this is our problem and believe me we are working on this".

When you have damage on you model, you always can contact you WSI dealer and he has to solve this problem with us, WSI.

From the above it sounds like they are trying to pass the blame on to the dealer and their packaging, but I disagree from all the dealers I have dealt with and there are quit a few. I can honestly say that packaging has not been at fault, most dealers tend to go over the top with packaging, like EastCoast says if the NZG can ship them without damage why can't WSI? Well as WSI say contact your dealer, which I have done thankfully they are trying their hardest to resolve the problem, but up to now not heard anything.

Steve.
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 11:07:31 AM

The ol' blame the carrier line lol. The way that message really reads is like this:

"Thanks for buying our models. We know we have issues with quality control but were gonna put the blame on our shipping containers...oops...did i say OUR shipping containers...meant to say the DEALERS shipping companies...ok...much better...now its not our fault."

I bame quality control AND their packaging. I dont know how they can make it better. The coke drum move that was damaged was LITERALLY packed in a huge foam rubber box. WSI QC missed the fact that the trucks were missing their packaging causing them to be smashed.

The replacement Chuck and them shipped was damaged as well but I was able to salvage parts off the oold set to fix the new one he sent. The damage there appeared to be from a WSI worker beating it into the box with a 2X4 lol.

The company is a joke. I have N E V E R had a damaged model until I started ordering their product. There has to be a way they can step things up and get it to us in one piece.

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:08:04 PM

EastCoastFabricator wrote:
...............There has to be a way they can step things up and get it to us in one piece.

Hahaha,they have been having these issues since many years ago,but some done their best to try cover it up,make it sound like you were the one unfortunate collector to have received the 1 bad model,their blatent lack of taking any positive action I feel is gathering momentum,more collectors seem to be realizing that the model they received is not the 1 bad model but one of many many bad models,the more we air our experiences the more awareness gets out

I feel once collectors keep buying their "product" WSI won't do a damn thing,thanks for your money suckers!!!!

I can't see myself buying any more WSI models,even though there is a McNallys Volvo tractor unit and ballast trailer coming,99% the same as the last one released,and then a McNallys 1500 to follow,Corgi has come out with the same McNallys Volvo but with tri axle flatbed and containers and this Corgi model will be a far safer bet in terms of finish,build quality,feel,and arriving in one piece at your door,

Just imagine if NZG got the LTM1500 8.1..... WSI got their hands on the holy grail and flopped like you couldn't believe,laughable

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:16:57 PM

Yep...I vote for YCC and NZG to handle the cranes!

P&HFrictionlattice
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:28:50 PM

YCC should handle all of the cranes , when you receive a YCC model the packaging is great & he does what most model retailers as well as model company's dont do & that is put a large foam shock absorber under the model .
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:35:14 PM

P&HFrictionlattice wrote:
YCC should handle all of the cranes , when you receive a YCC model the packaging is great & he does what most model retailers as well as model company's dont do & that is put a large foam shock absorber under the model .

Nice...I had a conrad truck like that....you would have thought they were shipping eggs.

P&HFrictionlattice
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 12:47:27 PM

That's the way it should be when these company's are mail based because they are depending on someone else's service to get their product to the customer . Here's another way to look as the Wsi problem , they must be making a huge profit per model when they are ok with having to send replacements all of the time . To me that means they must be looking at it as " we are making so much money per model that we can afford two for the price of one & still make money " otherwise you would think they would have fixed the problem a long time ago !!
Paul
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 1:40:01 PM

This whole issue is such a shame. When WSI began they raised the bar and the models were faultless.

Now, however, the whole situation is a sorry state of affairs and as Graham points out, they've known about these issues for a long time but are doing nothing.

I notice on Hansebube that an increasing number of collectors there have lost patience and given up on WSI. Many are also incredulous at the closing of WSI GBMH in Germany.

Interestingly, Christian Schaetzle has now gone to Tonkin.

What's also interesting is that Tonkin/IMC are snapping up OEMs with Kobelco, Nooteboom and Nicolas on the list now.

If the OEMs like Liebherr also loose patience with WSI and "jump ship" that will not be good news for them.

I would prefer to see WSI resolve these problems and continue but there seems to be no sign of that.

Sadly, as things stand WSI are digging their own grave.

Scania V8. The best sounding truck in the world.

P&HFrictionlattice
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 1:46:15 PM

You are a 100% rite Paul , Wsi did raise the bar when they first started & now they are digging their own grave & it is very unfortunate because they made such a detailed model & then you look at Conrad , Wow that's a sad MFG of a great crane model !!!!!
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 1:47:55 PM

Paul wrote:
This whole issue is such a shame. When WSI began they raised the bar and the models were faultless.

Now, however, the whole situation is a sorry state of affairs and as Graham points out, they've known about these issues for a long time but are doing nothing.

I notice on Hansebube that an increasing number of collectors there have lost patience and given up on WSI. Many are also incredulous at the closing of WSI GBMH in Germany.

Interestingly, Christian Schaetzle has now gone to Tonkin.

What's also interesting is that Tonkin/IMC are snapping up OEMs with Kobelco, Nooteboom and Nicolas on the list now.

If the OEMs like Liebherr also loose patience with WSI and "jump ship" that will not be good news for them.

As things stand WSI are digging their own grave.

The sooner they are gone the better at this point. Im anxious to see how Tonkin models the Nooteboom products. Wouldnt mind a few trailers Smiley

P&HFrictionlattice
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 1:53:03 PM

I wouldn't go as far as to say the sooner they are gone the better but they really need to take a look at the way they are doing things & make the change for the better or as you stated be gone . I guess they would have to show me something huge before I was to purchase another model .
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 1:58:02 PM

With so many ex WSI staff going to Tonkin I just hope the WSI flaws don't follow,fundamental issues,don't lessen quality over detail,telling the collector to pose a model in a specific way so a flaw can't be noticed is a plain insult to the collector,there have already been issues with the 988 and one or two of the kobelco crawlers so things are not looking great.

If WSI go under,they have done absolutely nothing to stop it, licences and opportunities will then go to other better established manufacturers

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:00:49 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
With so many ex WSI staff going to Tonkin I just hope the WSI flaws don't follow,fundamental issues,don't lessen quality over detail,telling the collector to pose a model in a specific way so a flaw can't be noticed is a plain insult to the collector,there have already been issues with the 988 and one or two of the kobelco crawlers so things are not looking great.

If WSI go under,they have done absolutely nothing to stop it, licences and opportunities will then go to other better established manufacturers

Say what???

Please tell me a company didnt really say that???

What are the issues with the Kobelcos?

P&HFrictionlattice
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:03:13 PM

We can only hope that the licenses go to a better Mfg but I don't think that Mfg is Tonkin , for me I think that YCC is the only model crane I will be purchasing from here on out !!!