DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

NEW roxu 1500 8.1 Options · View
Cubanb343
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:03:18 PM

Groups: Member

I am also questioning wsi. I received an NQ Group 1350 from Australia. Couple tiny pieces broken but nothing major and definitely not the dealers fault. What really makes me wonder, is the fact that the model showed up a bit dirty. Not like it had sat out but like the place it was made at is dirty. A beautiful crane model, thrown into a foam package and shipped around the world with not much care. It's amazing. I'm not very picky but I've never really had to take any of my new models through a car wash before
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:07:19 PM

EastCoastFabricator wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:
With so many ex WSI staff going to Tonkin I just hope the WSI flaws don't follow,fundamental issues,don't lessen quality over detail,telling the collector to pose a model in a specific way so a flaw can't be noticed is a plain insult to the collector,there have already been issues with the 988 and one or two of the kobelco crawlers so things are not looking great.

If WSI go under,they have done absolutely nothing to stop it, licences and opportunities will then go to other better established manufacturers

Say what???

Please tell me a company didnt really say that???

What are the issues with the Kobelcos?

As far as I can recall,it was based around the infamous missing diff housing,the fix was to pose the 988 with the bucket lowered so this could not be noticed,this is not quoted word for word but from my memory,could be wrong,could be right,

The Kobelcos I seem to recall one in which the unfortunate collectors boom sections or undercarriage pin holes did not line up,

Maybe these incidences can be confirmed,correct or incorrect

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:11:40 PM

Ah...I forgot the diff housing. That was prety funny...sad....but funny.

There are two rules for success: 1. Never tell everything you know.
gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:14:31 PM

Well if we all kept out 1500's in their boxes the issues would not be seen,there ya go,simple fix

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:16:38 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
Well if we all kept out 1500's in their boxes the issues would not be seen,there ya go,simple fix

Shhhhh.....That might be WSIs next marketing idea.

gbarnewall
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:21:45 PM

gbarnewall wrote:

lol,maybe but remember their current marketing idea seems to be don't give a rats what the collector thinks/wants,so if they do take my idea,won't that be a first? or a start!lol

EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 2:24:42 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

lol,maybe but remember their current marketing idea seems to be don't give a rats what the collector thinks/wants,so if they do take my idea,won't that be a first? or a start!lol

Holy crap...it would be progress hahaha

Paul R
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 4:24:58 PM

gbarnewall wrote:

The Kobelcos I seem to recall one in which the unfortunate collectors boom sections or undercarriage pin holes did not line up,

Maybe these incidences can be confirmed,correct or incorrect

Yes that is correct. There was one who said there were issues with the tracks lining up with the frame, or some such thing. But I think it is too early yet to say if this is a widespread problem or not. I've not heard too much about them to be honest, good or bad.

On a positive note, whilst looking at one of the Kobelcos in Ede I got talking to a driver of one of the Mammoet Kobelcos. He told me that the model was a pretty accurate representation of the real one.

Paul R
cranedude07
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 5:20:13 PM

The only thing I've noticed different on the kobelco models to the real one is the cwt stones, the ones on the model are bigger, which is good for the model but not right to the real one, unless they made 2 different versions, also doesnt have lifting lugs on them
other than that, they look awesome!

see where the end of the weight is cut off by the safety latches

Brandon

my youtube channel
My Facebook Page
Ironstef70
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 8:35:56 PM

Maybe I am being too much the devil's advocate, but couldn't these packaging issues have something to do with WSI's recent decision at moving their operations in Asia???

Employees being frustrated as they are likely about to loose their jobs... Classic case.

Just wondering.

Stephane

Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 10:54:24 PM

wow just read this thread glad i didn't wast my $$$ on the ROXU 1500 but sure would had loved one for my collection but no way i'm spending money on crap. sounds like someone at WSI needs the royal pineapple inc the QA. no point having a QA if !!!!s going out the door/or arriving like that.

Sent from my HTC M10 - Rooted , using S-OFF , Open Home 6 & Buuf icon packs
http://forum.xda-developers.com/ BUILD YOUR OWN PHONE

bigcranes
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2014 11:22:22 PM

gbarnewall wrote:
gbarnewall wrote:

I also find it ashame that WSI has jacked up the production runs. The quality should be better, and the production # should be held to a more reasonable amount.

So the model is more expensive than a NZG 11200, has a much lower overall level of quality, and is being made in larger numbers! They can keep them!

I don't buy these for an investment either, but let's be realistic. As for WSI, overproduction KILLED TWH, why would WSI fair any better?? Especially with the QC issues, admitted or not.

My 2 cents,

Mark L.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts
Insp720
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 6:44:30 AM

I think when you look closer at the WSI QC problems, it goes back to the Manufacturer Wan Ho (The WH in TWH ) they made most of WSI models as well I read. I had quite a few QA issues with TWH model cranes prior to them going under. Don't know if this is the same for other collectors as well. Let hope they can now get their act together. Maybe they need to find a new glue supplier to start. Never had any problems with any NZG models either- my 2 Bobs worth.
EastCoastFabricator
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 7:37:47 AM

I forgot TWH used to make the Sword models...Who will be making them now?

PLEASE for the love of God dont say WSI...

GC1
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 10:10:19 PM

When you get a Conrad model it is sandwiched between foam and I have never had a problem.

When you get a WSI model(I have never had a damaged one yet) you get a box with bits of plastic and extruded plastic bits that you need a degree (in something) to put it all back together…..make it simple WSI, sandwich your models between foam and don't give me the rubbish about the delivery …never had a problem with any shipping company(except Australia Post…they named "Snail Mail" after those wankers), all parcels arrive with little or no external damage.

Bearing in mind also that to get to Australia we get our items shipped a long way further than most of you people.
Weserhutte
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2014 10:24:06 PM

Will WSI even exist in 2015?
Robert Heuston
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 1:30:04 AM

GC1 wrote:
When you get a Conrad model it is sandwiched between foam and I have never had a problem.

When you get a WSI model(I have never had a damaged one yet) you get a box with bits of plastic and extruded plastic bits that you need a degree (in something) to put it all back together…..make it simple WSI, sandwich your models between foam and don't give me the rubbish about the delivery …never had a problem with any shipping company(except Australia Post…they named "Snail Mail" after those wankers), all parcels arrive with little or no external damage.

Bearing in mind also that to get to Australia we get our items shipped a long way further than most of you people.

I've only ever gotten one damaged model off WSI, a dennison extendable trailer. That was an easy fix, a bit of glue and turned it into a standard flat top. My NQ LTM1350 hasno issues, my Kubler set had missing parts.
But all in all I'm happy with how WSI package their products.
Insp720
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 9:35:11 AM

Haven't got one yet that didn't have broken bits or problems. Mind you WSI customer support were very good sent all parts and diagrams required to fix.
Formu1fan
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 7:10:15 PM

Paul wrote:

Interestingly, Christian Schaetzle has now gone to Tonkin.

This really seems like a sad state of affairs for WSI and the larger model community.

But I find it really interesting Christian went to Tonkin. Tonkin made a huge score with that one!

-John
Weserhutte
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2014 8:49:22 PM

cranedude07 wrote:
The only thing I've noticed different on the kobelco models to the real one is the cwt stones, the ones on the model are bigger, which is good for the model but not right to the real one, unless they made 2 different versions, also doesnt have lifting lugs on them
other than that, they look awesome!

see where the end of the weight is cut off by the safety latches

You can't use that older generation Sterett unit to judge the execution of this scale model. Cabs and counterweight systems are different. The counterweight stone lifting lugs are kind of hidden in this new series, as they're integrated into the upper safety latch bracket. What I don't see on the model are the connecting links between the safety latches. Go here and select "Self Erection Assembly" from the menu on the right and you can see what I'm referring to at 7 seconds into that video. You'll also note that the machine in the video has rectangular stones as opposed to the pentagonal ones on the model. Anybody know what that's all about?

Formu1fan wrote:
But I find it really interesting Christian went to Tonkin.

That should be the proverbial writing on the wall.