DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Monthly model showcases Options · View
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:04:23 AM

Groups: Member

Hey guys! I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where we can post pictures of the models we recently have purchased. I know a lot of you guys have collection posts but I thought we could all post here what we have purchased in the past month. If you like the idea, go ahead and post what you have recently acquired, if not then enjoy!

Here's what I have picked up so far this January

MotorArt Volvo L60G
"/>
MotorArt Volvo A40F
"/>
Tonkin D6R XL
"/>
Diecast Masters D9T
"/>
MTH Depressed Flatcar with Norscot 924G
"/>
RowanH
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 5:51:07 AM

I do really like the look of that D9T! Thanks for sharing. I would love to contribute but I don't purchase enough. A wedding and a new car in the coming year will be costly.

Rowan.

1:25th scale CAT 375L excavator

Scheggaboochee
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:44:08 PM

RowanH wrote:
I do really like the look of that D9T! Thanks for sharing. I would love to contribute but I don't purchase enough. A wedding and a new car in the coming year will be costly.

Rowan.

First off, congratulations on the wedding! Second, I don't care how many models/dio supplies you have purchased. It could be 1 or 100! I just want to see what everyone is buying so we can chat about the models we like and those we don't.
Btw...the L60 has ALOT of plastic. Had I known that, I don't think I would have bought it.

The best,
Jake
WCollins
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 6:35:45 AM

I'll bite, Heres what i've acquired so far this month.

CCM Caterpillar D10 with the inside arm push blade.

CCM Caterpillar 651B.

And Lastly, Two CCM Caterpillar 657B's.

They're all really nice, but boy you pay quite a bit for them though. Personally I think they tap a bit into the nostalgia that people have for these machines, since the older Caterpillar CCM models always seem to be priced higher then a equivalent current production Cat machine models from CCM.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
mikebramel
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 1:09:15 PM

WCollins wrote:

They're all really nice, but boy you pay quite a bit for them though. Personally I think they tap a bit into the nostalgia that people have for these machines, since the older Caterpillar CCM models always seem to be priced higher then a equivalent current production Cat machine models from CCM.

The price is certainly at the upper limit, right before the point of becoming a dud like the 834 or 385FS. For the price I was expecting the door to open and less plastic (but it is a good color match)
kcmtoys
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 2:25:25 PM

mikebramel wrote:
WCollins wrote:

The price is certainly at the upper limit, right before the point of becoming a dud like the 834 or 385FS. For the price I was expecting the door to open and less plastic (but it is a good color match)

Why is the 834 a dud?
WCollins
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 5:49:14 PM

kcmtoys wrote:
mikebramel wrote:
WCollins wrote:

Why is the 834 a dud?

I don't think the 834 or the 385FS are dud's. It just happens to be that wheel dozers and front shovels don't sell particularly well. Although I do think CCM should of included a cab with the 834, I think it looks a better with one.

-William
Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Miniature Construction Models
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 8:31:37 PM

Those look like some nice models! I've never owned a ccm model but I've seen them in person before. Just looking for one I like enough to shell out that kind of money for.
gbarnewall
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 9:30:52 PM

I also got my dirty little paws on a haul of the 650 series scrapers, 2 651's and 2 657's,cracking pieces,the prices of ccm pieces have risen over the last few years,but they seem to be almost all very collectible,this keeps the value high or on some drives it higher,I can remember paying something around €250 for the first run of Cat D10's many moons ago,now they're up around €400 for the twin stack edition,again a good hike in the 245 from the regular 245 years ago to the ME version,still won't stop me buying a ccm piece if its something I really want

Why is "phonetically" spelt with a "ph"?

... It's better to be silent and thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt

The complex of Newgrange was originally built between c. 3100 and 2900 BC,[2] meaning that it's aproximately 5,000 years old. According to Carbon-14 dates,[3] it is more than 500 years older than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, and predates Stonehenge by about 1,000 years.

Quinella
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2017 11:46:32 PM

I also love CCM. But they are sometimes overpriced. And some of them just don't sell very well. i thought the 983s were great, but they didn't move fast. Same with the 992s> The scrapers always look terrific and are popular. you need to order them as soon as they are announced, lest some of the dealers buy them in large quantities and immediately raise the price. Chuck does a great job with them. CAW
CraneFanatic
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 1:07:01 AM

Hi, nice collection you have.
Formu1fan
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 2:01:50 AM

Just got this beat today, and I'm chuffed about it. Other than an old 375 and 5080, it's my first big earth excavator. I can't wait for the 6015 I pre-order to ship. If only I had enough more for a 6020...

I have to agree with Rowan, the D9 is going to be a must have. Look at me, going from the dark side to the dirt side...

-John
logmax7000
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 2:24:04 AM

Formu1fan wrote:
Just got this beat today, and I'm chuffed about it. Other than an old 375 and 5080, it's my first big earth excavator. I can't wait for the 6015 I pre-order to ship. If only I had enough more for a 6020...

I have to agree with Rowan, the D9 is going to be a must have. Look at me, going from the dark side to the dirt side...

Awww... You're lucky! I still wanna get one of those some day. Enjoy owning it!
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 3:56:44 AM

Yeah I love my D9. Only problem is the way they connected the hydro lines on the ripper is a bit funky.
"/>
Don L
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 2:35:58 PM

Scheggaboochee wrote:
Yeah I love my D9. Only problem is the way they connected the hydro lines on the ripper is a bit funky.
"/>

That is definitely unique and funky, and not particularly realistic IMO. On the other hand, it is highly functional for the model builder.

I think I will store that technique in my memory bank (in the event I need to attach a line that way in the future).
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 3:02:43 PM

Don L wrote:

That is definitely unique and funky, and not particularly realistic IMO. On the other hand, it is highly functional for the model builder.

I think I will store that technique in my memory bank (in the event I need to attach a line that way in the future).

I don't really think it detracts from the model, it's just strange
Don L
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 3:08:55 PM

Scheggaboochee wrote:
Don L wrote:

I don't really think it detracts from the model, it's just strange

I totally agree. It's a sharp looking model.
Don L
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 3:14:23 PM

Scheggaboochee wrote:
Hey guys! I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where we can post pictures of the models we recently have purchased. I know a lot of you guys have collection posts but I thought we could all post here what we have purchased in the past month. If you like the idea, go ahead and post what you have recently acquired, if not then enjoy!

MotorArt Volvo L60G
"/>
MotorArt Volvo A40F

WCollins wrote:
I'll bite, Heres what i've acquired so far this month.

CCM Caterpillar D10 with the inside arm push blade.

Scheggaboochee & WCollins:

Your models are really impressive, BUT SO IS your photography. WELL DONE!

Frankly, I would be ashamed to post a picture of one of my models (if I had something worth posting) after see these fancy backdrops and professional looking pix. Teeth Teeth Teeth

Seriously, your pictures (both the models and the photography) are awesome!!

Don
Scheggaboochee
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 4:59:13 PM

Thanks Don! I appreciate the kind words
-Jake
3406E
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2017 1:33:15 AM

Scheggaboochee wrote:
"/>

A drop of black paint on the little yellow parts would make them look better.

My Facebook page: NorCalDiecastCustoms

Clifton