DHS Diecast Discussion Forum
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

LorraMine, the 1/50 French open-cast mine. Options · View
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:03:38 AM
Groups: Member

Back to the maintenance workshop where activities continue.

A truck equipped with a hooklift tipping system is loading a dump body full of metallic waste, while in the background, a dumper wheel hub is being loaded onto a flatbed truck:

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:06:34 AM

Both vehicles on the move:

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:12:59 AM

Is it " cleaning day" in LorraMine? Soon after trucks departure, dumper wheels, temporarily stored just outside workshop entries, are moved to a more conventional storage location:

To be continued.
Guy

GuyM
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:17:15 AM

Last remaining wheel is picked-up and all workshop access are cleared:

Regards.
Guy

RobS
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 12:21:14 PM

Nice to see the camera set up shots, thanks. Are you using a macro lens?

Rob
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 2:17:17 PM

Guy fantastic shots of the surface miner with all of its customization and also the way it set up in the diorama. Is there any chance your photographer got a picture of Quinella exiting the cab of the LeTourneau and sneaking off so they would not dock him 3 years pay for the damaged to the bucket he caused. They gotta tell him not to to slam the bucket down on the ledge to break it and wait till it has been shot. Back to training for him, which is the reason he causes the destruction, because he knows they serve beignets in the classroom.
Thanks
Steve
Exkvate3140
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 2:20:21 PM

Guy that Conrad International looks great with the roll off and hook. That truck fits the bill perfectly for that application. The Pete looks good with the hub also.
Steve
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:45:59 PM

Claus wrote:
Wow!! just noticed the Le Tourneau loader has a crown worn in the bucket. That's incredible. I have seen this many times in digging hot slag pits where a bucket goes from extremely hot to cold. Could not have been easy to bend die cast like that [...]

Claus,

I've got a response back from Denis on my question, which is as follows: "In fact, that's a too long exposure to the sun which damaged the resin-made LeTrouneau bucket. That should be soon repaired".

I hope it helps.
Guy
Claus
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 4:57:36 PM

Looks great the way it is. Like I mentioned, I have seen that very thing in the real world. I didn't know that loader was resin built. Thank you for the info.

P.S. tell your forklift driver to drive backwards when the load is blocking his view before He kills somebody.
GuyM
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2019 5:36:17 PM

Claus,

Point taken. I agree, he should drive in reverse mode to be able to see something ahead of him.

Regards.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 5:50:28 AM

Claus wrote:
[...] I didn't know that loader was resin built. Thank you for the info [...]

Claus,

I think that you misread my previous message: "In fact, that's a too long exposure to the sun which damaged the resin-made LeTourneau bucket. That should be soon repaired"

The LeTourneau wheeled loader is not in resin but in metal, except for its bucket. Why is that, we don't know.

I hope it helps.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 6:15:03 AM

GuyM wrote:
[...] In terms of the picture you refer to, "Manugo", a member of the French Forum "Photos de TP" had noted, when it was posted originally, that there were some minor problems with it: the Operator still sitting in the cab, different positions of both power boosters, one of the bucket load distribution plate misaligned, a line visible in the background sky, etc.
Manugo worked that picture on his computer and sent to Denis a "modified" picture, with these problems corrected. Here it is:

Here below the second picture "modified" by Manugo, where all SPMT wheels show now a progressive angle:

That's a gift for the 20000+ visitors of this subject since I first began to re-post the LorraMine topic in DHS Forum, 50 days ago: many thanks to all regular and episodic visitors and for your interest in the subject!
As I have reached already 75% of the original post now in this forum, we have decided with Denis, to reduce from now on both the frequency (it's going to be every 2 days instead of daily) and number of pictures posted each time: that should give him some time to speed-up posting in the French Forum so that he stays ahead and provides me with regular news on LorraMine.

Regards.
Guy
Exkvate3140
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 11:11:32 AM

Guy this will give you more time to post with your team and your huge and interesting collection. It is very nice of you to post the Lorraine Mine diorama, and have shown us probably the best diorama any of us have ever witnessed, or at least what I have seen.
Many thanks for your time you spent posting and narrating to date, you did a great job.
Steve
GC1
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2019 8:11:16 PM

Cannot express any better than Exkvate has done in the above post Guy. A true labour of love and dedication to our craft. Thank you so much for your efforts.

BTW Ex....that bucket was bent when the driver lowered it to the ground and your bestie Q was lying down under it....tough cookie that Q.
Exkvate3140
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 12:46:24 AM

GC1, I think we both better keep our heads up I heard thru the senior center grapevine down there in NC that “The Q” was going on a road trip first to RI and then he was heading Down Under. Like you said he is one tough cookie we best start saying kind things about him.
Scared
Quinella
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:58:05 AM

Exkvate3140 wrote:
GC1, I think we both better keep our heads up I heard thru the senior center grapevine down there in NC that “The Q” was going on a road trip first to RI and then he was heading Down Under. Like you said he is one tough cookie we best start saying kind things about him.
Scared

That's correct. They call me "Yosemite Sam" around these parts. Toughest hombre this side of the Pecos. Besides, you got a box being loaded with your name on it. I could change the contents to a couple of worn out Rhode Island Reds.
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 4:33:35 AM

You just concentrate on getting those teeth marks from that bucket out of your rear end.....hehehe
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:13:41 AM

Our photographer moved to the front of the Liebherr 9800 move, as it was negotiating the sharp 90 deg. turn in front of the workshop:

To be continued.
Guy
GuyM
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 7:19:03 AM

That Kenworth heavy tow truck is really impressive:

How were these 2 last pictures taken? We'll find out next time.

Regards.
Guy
GC1
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 8:44:03 AM

You got a Drone in there Guy??